The Hateful Eight - New Tarantino Western!

CagleMtnVol

Tarantino's New Western to Be Called THE HATEFUL EIGHT

Tarantino's New Western to Be Called THE HATEFUL EIGHT

A couple of months ago Quentin Tarantino revealed that his next film will be another Western, which is awesome! After seeing Django Unchained, I was hoping that he would take on the genre again. He broke the news to Jay Leno when he said,

“I haven’t told anyone this publicly, but I will say the genre: It’s a western. I had so much fun doing Django, and I love westerns so much that after I taught myself how to make one, it’s like ‘OK! Let me make another one now that I know what I’m doing.’’

According to Deadline, the title of the movie he's making is going to be The Hateful Eight, and it will include a role for Christoph Waltz and Bruce Dern (Nebraska). Tarantino has completed the script and is now handing it off to actors he wants to star in it.

Looking forward to this one, been a long time since there's been a good classic western.

....you can stop waiting for this movie.

Quentin Tarantino Shelves THE HATEFUL EIGHT Over a Script Leak | Collider

“I’m very, very depressed. I finished a script, a first draft, and I didn’t mean to shoot it until next winter, a year from now. I gave it to six people, and apparently it’s gotten out today … I gave it to one of the producers on Django Unchained, Reggie Hudlin, and he let an agent come to his house and read it. That’s a betrayal, but not crippling because the agent didn’t end up with the script. There is an ugly maliciousness to the rest of it.

I gave it to three actors: Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Tim Roth. The one I know didn’t do this is Tim Roth. One of the others let their agent read it and that agent has now passed it on to everyone in Hollywood. I don’t know how these *****ing agents work, but I’m not making this next.

I’m going to publish it, and that’s it for now. I give it out to six people and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I’ll publish it. I’m done. I’ll move on to the next thing. I’ve got ten more where that came from.”

Because Quentin Tarantino is a baby. that's one thing that is known widely.

what's the big deal if an agent saw it?

why be such a baby about it?

I actually sympathize with him here. Definitely takes away from the impact of the movie once everybody knows what's going to happen, especially given that dialogue is the hallmark of any Tarantino film.

QT has become a bit too heavy handed for my tastes but his stuff is still better than 90 percent of what the mainstream puts out.

Always have loved QT. One thing that dude knows how to do is character devlopment. Jesus H. Christ can he do character development. His movies have always had a bit too much dialogue, but I can look past it due to the awesomeness of the film.

Always have loved QT. One thing that dude knows how to do is character devlopment. Jesus H. Christ can he do character development. His movies have always had a bit too much dialogue, but I can look past it due to the awesomeness of the film.

Kevin Smith's movies have too much dialogue, and poorly written as well. QT's dialogue is in a league of its own. The Christopher Walken watch scene from pulp fiction is brilliant.

Kevin Smith's movies have too much dialogue, and poorly written as well. QT's dialogue is in a league of its own. The Christopher Walken watch scene from pulp fiction is brilliant.

I keep waiting on QT to sort of plateau with the quality of his films. However they just keep getting better and better! I didn't think I'd love anything as much as I loved Inglorious Bastards. Then I saw Django Unchained and thought "well hell, he's never going to top that!"

I keep waiting on QT to sort of plateau with the quality of his films. However they just keep getting better and better! I didn't think I'd love anything as much as I loved Inglorious Bastards. Then I saw Django Unchained and thought "well hell, he's never going to top that!"

It might just be me, but I feel Kill Bill was his Opus honestly.

Reservoir Dogs is my favorite - amazing what that film accomplished with basically nothing but a rented warehouse, some cheap black suits, and a cast of no name actors.

Reservoir Dogs is my favorite - amazing what that film accomplished with basically nothing but a rented warehouse, some cheap black suits, and a cast of no name actors.

It had some names...great sell job by QT to get them on board.

I've actually preferred the added dialogue in his films... there isn't much fluff dialogue, either. As a matter of fact, its the dialogue that actually helps to easily set Tarantino's works apart from 90% of these other slackers out here that rely on special efx or star power to carry a flick.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back