KISS finally in the R&R Hall of Fame

vols72

Only took 15 years after they were eligible. I'm sorry but that's a joke

Not huge fan of their music but it's long over due.

I'll always remember my first exposure to them was in old comic book ads. I didn't know who they were but their image and branding definitely left an impression. Later as a teenager I discovered their music. They definitely have some rocking classics.

Reactions: 1 person

Agree, they never bowed down and kissed peoples ass, that why its taken so long... love this group, one of the all time greats...still listen to everything they've ever put out... I did hate the non make up years though...lo l

Long over due. It's pathetic that Deep Purple hasn't been inducted either. These groups greatly changed and influenced the last 40-50 years of music.

Cannot stand KISS' music, but there is no denying the impact they had on rock music and showmanship. I agree that it's long overdue.

so how did Linda Ronstadt get into the HOF?

if she's in, who's next, Ace of Base?

Agree, they never bowed down and kissed peoples ass, that why its taken so long... love this group, one of the all time greats...still listen to everything they've ever put out... I did hate the non make up years though...lo l

This is the main reason I love this band they have been my favorite since I was a kid... The 80's stuff was different from there early albums but they played what the fans were into at the time. Asylum and Crazy Nights were good and Hot in the Shade was amazing

Big fan of the original line up and the first 6 studio albums (plus Alive! and Alive 2). This is long L O N G overdue and is an absolute shame it took this long for it to happen.

BTW, does anyone know which members are getting in? I mean, I'm sure the original 4 members are a no brainer but what about later members like Eric Carr or Bruce Kulick?

Also, in case anyone else is interested the other inductees are...

Peter Gabriel
Linda Ronstadt
Nirvana
Cat Stevens
Hall and Oates.

Last edited:
KISS is cat shiat on a hot hibachi. Good show men, but that's all. They deserve it for being so innovative on the stage, but let's not kid ourselves about their music abilities.

KISS is cat shiat on a hot hibachi. Good show men, but that's all. They deserve it for being so innovative on the stage, but let's not kid ourselves about their music abilities.

Their influence is undeniable.

The non make up albums were some of my favorites.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Big fan of the original line up and the first 6 studio albums (plus Alive! and Alive 2). This is long L O N G overdue and is an absolute shame it took this long for it to happen.

BTW, does anyone know which members are getting in? I mean, I'm sure the original 4 members are a no brainer but what about later members like Eric Carr or Bruce Kulick?

According to the site its just the original 4 and Gene has said he is open to them playing again that night

I got checked out of school in the 5th grade (1979) to go see Kiss, didn't even know who the hell they were, been a huge fan ever since. I've seen them in concert 7x.

Long overdue.

The R&R HOF is a joke period. When you the Red Hot Chile Peppers in over so many classic rock groups, it is a joke.

The R&R HOF is a joke period. When you the Red Hot Chile Peppers in over so many classic rock groups, it is a joke.

RHCP deserve to be in there. Kiss taking 15 years to get there is a joke though.

One of the problems with the hall is that they never established any kind of set criteria that artists must reach in order to qualify to get in. Longevity? Well how do you explain Guns and Roses getting in? Commercial success? How is Patty Smith in the hall? Influence? Was Steely Dan really THAT influential?

So really hall of fame inductees come down to the opinions of the voters. Which IMO is complete crap! At least now the popular vote of the fan is represented with 1 of the "electoral" votes and frankly, I think KISS winning the popular vote is what got them in. The committee really had no other choice but to put them in once they won the fan vote.

KISS, whether you love them or hate them, is one of rock and roll's icons! They are one of the all time most successful and influential rock bands in history. They completely innovated the live show. They were also one of the first bands to produce a commercially successful live album! They are a band that has been going for over 40 years! The fact that it took them 15 years from the time they were eligible to get in the hall clearly shows that committee members had an agenda against them!

Last edited:
I don't think the other bands are gonna have an easy time with the Kiss fans that show up. I hope they show respect and be patient because you know they will put them on last...

One of the problems with the hall is that they never established any kind of set criteria that artists must reach in order to qualify to get in. Longevity? Well how do you explain Guns and Roses getting in? Commercial success? How is Patty Smith in the hall? Influence? Was Steely Dan really THAT influential?

So really hall of fame inductees come down to the opinions of the voters. Which IMO is complete crap! At least now the popular vote of the fan is represented with 1 of the "electoral" votes and frankly, I think KISS winning the popular vote is what got them in. The committee really had no other choice but to put them in once they won the fan vote.

KISS, whether you love them or hate them, is one of rock and roll's icons! They are one of the all time most successful and influential rock bands in history. They completely innovated the live show. They were also one of the first bands to produce a commercially successful live album! They are a band that has been going for over 40 years! The fact that it took them 15 years from the time they were eligible to get in the hall clearly shows that committee members had an agenda against them!

Aerosmith comes to mind here. Did you know they never got their first number one hit til 1998 (I Dont Wanna Miss A Thing) and they formed in 1969.

Peter Gabriel
Linda Ronstadt
Nirvana
Deep Purple
Hall and Oates.

Nirvana gets in on their first ballot and it took KISS 15 years to get in? Good lord.

Nirvana gets in on their first ballot and it took KISS 15 years to get in? Good lord.

Tell me about it! Oh and my apologies, that list is inaccurate. Deep Purple did NOT get it! They were on the ballot and I thought they were in but turns out they're not. Here is the correct list of 2014 inductees...

KISS
Peter Gabriel
Linda Ronstadt
Nirvana
Cat Stevens
Hall and Oates.

Last edited:
I may get slammed for this but I don't think Nirvana should be in especially over Deep Purple the others that are on the list are a joke

VN Store

Back