The Wolf of Wall Street

trevols81

Sous me.
This is the latest movie directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

It's based on the memoir of a sleazy stockbroker who lived a decadent life in the early 90s by ripping people off with penny stocks. Most reviews I have read are calling it the white collar Goodfellas, or something to that effect, and that Leo's performance is fantastic.

It sits at 88% on Rotten Tomatoes right now.

The Wolf of Wall Street - Rotten Tomatoes

EDIT: Scorsese*(how the hell did I misspell that!)

Last edited:
I've been looking forward to this for months. Leo + Scorsese has yet to disappoint.

Really hope this performance brings Leo his much deserved Oscar. It's got a lot of good buzz so far. I know it's gonna be tough when you've got Captain Phillips and 12 Years A Slave competing as well.

Saw the film today and it was amazing. It's basically one big character study on being a ****. Di Caprio and Jonah Hill were fantastic, both deserve Oscar nominations. For a 3 hour film, it was well paced and didn't feel bloated at all. The Lemmon pill scenes was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in along time. Scorsese hits another out of the park.

Really? I thought Shutter Island was a major disappointment.

Personally, I enjoyed it. Very atmospheric.

Most of the negative stuff I heard about it was about the "plot twist" being too easy to figure out. I don't really think it was supposed to be a shocking revelation.

DiCaprios best acting to date, wraps up a least a nomination.

Solid movie, well paced and never dull. 9 outta 10.

It's getting ripped by fan reviews for graphic sex scenes and drug use. What were people thinking going to see this? Frozen?

It's getting ripped by fan reviews for graphic sex scenes and drug use. What were people thinking going to see this? Frozen?

I was sitting near a couple that was probably in their sixties. They looked revolted but actually stayed for the whole film unlike several other people, who left at the first sign of boobs.

No kidding, they're going to see a film about a guy who stole peoples money and lived a life of excess and debauchery. Clearly, people didn't do their research prior to seeing the film.

Saw it this afternoon. Leo's best role I've seen him in. Did not feel like a three hour movie.

That was a great movie. I think Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill should both be up for Oscars. They were terrific. Also, I don't think I've ever seen more nudity in a main stream movie than in this one. That is not a complaint. Scorsese kills it again. I will purchase this when it comes out on Blu- Ray.

That was Nolan.

I'm aware. They came out in the same year and most people creamed their pants over Inception but derided Shutter Island for a "predictable twist". (I thought the Sixth Sense had a predictable twist too but it was still a good movie).

Don't get me wrong, I liked Inception. If you asked me to which of the two I would rather sit down and watch right now it would be Shutter Island.

If we are talking just Scorsese/Leo team-ups then I prefer The Aviator hands down (haven't seen Wolf yet).

I really enjoyed it. The whole sequence where they are high on the Lemmon's was hilarious.

VN Store

Back