AMC's The Killing

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Just finished season 1. I gotta say I mostly liked it but I was a bit disappointed with the end. Wondering what the thoughts are of people who have made it further than me.

***Spoilers***

I'm pretty disappointed the same case will be the topic of season 2. I'm also very disappointed that her partner looks to be a corrupt cop...he was easily the best character and the main reason I enjoyed the show.

My questions are, does the show get better or does it stay about the same? Do they always do this thing where they make it look so convincing someone is the killer and then it turns out he is not? It's kinda getting old.

It takes until the end of season 2 to find out who the killer is. Then then the 3rd season focuses on a different murder.

We started watching the 3rd season last year, then got interested and got Netflix so we could watch the first two seasons. I think it's a very good show and enjoyed it a lot. I agree that her partner is probably the best character on the show.

Stay with it for season 3. Joel Kinnaman is really good in this show.

Has it been picked up for a 4th season?

Nvm, just saw that Netflix ordered 6 episodes to wrap it up.

Yep, which I'm very glad. I'm disappointed AMC didn't stick with it, because I thought Season 3 was excellent.

But I am glad we get some sort of closure.

I enjoy the show while I'm watching it, but I feel so depressed and hopeless afterwards. I'm guessing it's a combination of the premise of the show and the location/scenery.

Is this being finished on Netflix?

Strange amc cancelled because I don't recall a tv show being cancelled before on amc.

Is this being finished on Netflix?

Strange amc cancelled because I don't recall a tv show being cancelled before on amc.

Yep, a final 6 episode season on Netflix.

Actually AMC had previously cancelled it, then changed their minds, only to cancel it again after Season 3.

AMC has cancelled a few shows, though they weren't really known for their dramas before Mad Men. They just cancelled Low Winter Sun, and cancelled a show called Rubicon about 3-4 years ago.

We had to go back and watch the final episode of season 3 after watching the first episode of season 4 to remember what was going on.

Just have 2 episodes left, it's been pretty good. The lighting seems to be a lot better on this final "Netflix" season as well. I know the dark lighting goes with the show but it's nice to be able to see what's going on a little better now.

Finally finished the Netflix conclusion to the Killing. I watched the Danish series abit, and always thought Linden and Holder were perfectly cast. It was their acting and characters that kept me watching.

A lot of people were a tad annoyed by the finale and how they tacked on a second finale situation where Linden and Holder apparently express a love interest for one another...

I personally liked how they handled the last 5-10 minutes with the love 'suggestion'. Some people may want to interpret it as a sexual love that was off in left field from what the entire series led us to believe about Linden and Holders true relationship, but I got the sense that it was far more up for interpretation. I personally got the sense that after Linden had scowered the nation trying to find peace for herself and her dysfunction she realized that her 'family', home, and heart was with her best friend and partner who understood her brokenness coming from his own broken past.

IMO the finale said that Linden and Holder were soul mates, not in a sexual way, but in a kindred spirits/family way.

The whole emotional brokenness has been central to these two characters from Season 1, and it was nice to see that they found a stable connection in each other as kindred spirits and family.

Finally finished the Netflix conclusion to the Killing. I watched the Danish series abit, and always thought Linden and Holder were perfectly cast. It was their acting and characters that kept me watching.
I'm pretty sure you need spoiler alert in your thread somewhere.

This series was great the first 2 seasons and fell off after that. IMO I think they should have stuck with the super slow build up of who did it like in season 1&2. IDK, maybe it's me but the outcome felt rushed after watching the first 2 seasons. I feel its slow play was what set it apart from most detective shows. Usually the case is solved within 1-2 episodes, but it took you 2 full seasons to solve the case in this show.

Last edited:
By the time this show was over I hated it. I don't know if the last 2 seasons ruined my memory of it, or just made me realize how mediocre it all really was, but I couldn't stand it.

It's like Lindy was written by some chauvinist to demonstrate that women can't handle a job like this because of their hormones/emotions. I hated her.

VN Store

Back