NCIS - New Orleans

I thought this was as good a place to post as any. If they round out the rest of the cast with solid supporting actors this one could be as good as the other two NCIS series. I hope they film on location in New Orleans & Louisiana!

I wonder if NBC still looks back and thinks what might have been? :banghead2:

Scott Bakula To Topline CBS’ ‘NCIS’ Spinoff

Scott Bakula To Topline CBS’ ‘NCIS’ Spinoff

Scott Bakula is set to lead the cast of CBS’ NCIS planted spinoff set in New Orleans. Like the mothership series starring Mark Harmon, the spinoff too is built around a central character, NCIS Special Agent Pride, played by Bakula. Executive produced by NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and Harmon
, spinoff is set at the NCIS New Orleans office which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. It centers on NCIS Special Agent Pride (Bakula), who embodies New Orleans. He’s driven by the need to do what’s right and does it all with warmth, passion, strength and humor. The planted spinoff will air as a two-part NCIS episode this spring. Quantum Leap and Men Of A Certain Age alum Bakula was recently nominated for an Emmy for his role in HBO Films’ Liberace biopic Behind The Candelabra and currently recurs on the new HBO comedy Looking. Bakula, repped by ICM Partners and Anonymous Content, has completed India-set musical Basmati Blues opposite Brie Larson and Elsa And Fred opposite Christopher Plummer and Shirley MacLaine.

Another cast member announced!

Zoe McLellan Cast In CBS’ ‘NCIS’ Spinoff

Zoe McLellan Cast In CBS’ ‘NCIS’ Spinoff

Zoe McLellan (Dirty Sexy Money) is set to co-star opposite Scott Bakula in CBS’ NCIS planted spinoff set in New Orleans. Executive produced by NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and Mark Harmon, the spinoff is set at the NCIS New Orleans office which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. It centers on NCIS Special Agent Pride (Bakula). McLellan, repped by Domain, will play Special Agent Brody, a fish-out-of-water mid-western transplant who come to New Orleans looking for a fresh start and a safe haven to heal old wounds. The planted spinoff will air as a two-part NCIS episode this spring.
Interesting that she played Petty Officer Jennifer Coates on several seasons of JAG

Reactions: 1 person
One more and I really like this one!

CCH Pounder (Warehouse 13, The Shield ) has joined Scott Bakula and Zoe McLellan in CBS’ NCIS planted spinoff. Executive produced by NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and Mark Harmon, the spinoff is set at the NCIS New Orleans office, which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. It centers on NCIS Special Agent Pride (Bakula). Pounder, who has been recurring on FX’s Sons of Anarchy, will play Dr. Wade, the Jefferson Parish Medical Examiner who us as eccentric as she is smart and also is intuitive and incredibly connected to Louisiana.

Lucas Black Joins Scott Bakula in New NCIS Spinoff

Lucas Black Joins Scott Bakula in New NCIS Spinoff Taking a Quantum Leap on CBS; New NCIS? Is There A City in America Without One?

"Fast & Furious" star Lucas Black will joing Scott Bakula and Zoe McLellan the new NCIS spinoff.

The new NCIS spinoff? Is there a city left in America where there isn't an NCIS CBS office?

Yes, the NCIS New Orleans office.

The spinoff will air in a two-part episode this Spring. Gary Glasberg and Mark Harmon will serve as executive producers.

Lucas Black is from Alabama and should handle the "NCIS: New Orleans" office just fine. Their territory runs from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle

Scott Bakula, Star Trek and Quantum Leap star is also in the new spinoff to the long-running series NCIS.

According to Variety, Scott Bakula will head the NCIS New Orleans team.

Scott Bakula is the lead in the NCIS New Orleans spinoff. Bakula, who also starred on "Quantum Leap" will play NCIS Special Agent Pride. The press release said that Pride is "a unique federal agent" who is "driven by the need to do what's right and does it all with warmth, passion, strength and humor."

Executive producer Gary Glasberg said "I went to Mark Harmon as I do every year and said, 'I went through some stories and, hey, I came across this scenario. I'd love to try to do an episode. He turned to me and said, 'Gary, that's not a sweeps episode. That's a new show.'"

Bakula is currently playing a recurring role on HBO's "Looking." Bakula also co-starred on TNT's "Men of a Certain Age" from 2009 to 2011. Bakula got an Emmy nomination for his role in the HBO movie "Behind the Candelabra." Scott Bakula helmed the starship enterprise in "Star Trek: Enterprise." The "Star Trek" spinoff series that ran from 2001 to 2005.

Also this......

Paige Turco (Person of Interest)has been set as a recurring opposite Scott Bakula in CBS’ NCIS planted spinoff, Executive produced by NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and star Mark Harmon, the spinoff is set at the NCIS New Orleans office, which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. Turco, repped by Gersh and One Entertainment, plays Linda, the wife of NCIS Special Agent Pride (Bakula). Turco is a series regular on the forthcoming CW series The 100 and also recurs as Zoe on CBS’ Person Of Interest.

Let's hope it gets picked up, this cast keeps getting better!

Last edited:
Any word on when it's supposed to air?

In an article I didn't link they reported that they began shooting this week as they posted an tweet from Michael Weatherly showing a pic of Scott Bakula's chair with his name stitched on it and a NCIS logo I haven't seen before.

According to a future episode guide the March 18th episode is listed as "Crescent City" so its a good bet that is it.

On a side note if this gets picked up to series they should immediately put in a small part for Dean Stockwell to play Mike Frank's like role as Bakula's character's old superior or even his dad.

Last edited:
Is Lucas Black going to have a significant role? I really enjoy watching him. Saw him in sling blade as a kid and seen every movie he's been in since then. Just a down to earth guy with an accent. Fun to watch.

Is Lucas Black going to have a significant role? I really enjoy watching him. Saw him in sling blade as a kid and seen every movie he's been in since then. Just a down to earth guy with an accent. Fun to watch.
Apparently yeah sounds like his character will be the Tony DiNosso of NCIS:NOLA team.

Black will play NCIS Special Agent Lasalle, who relocated to New Orleans as a kid and is a no-nonsense federal agent who believes in doing what’s right no matter what, and a man who works hard and plays harder. In addition to Bakula and McLellan, Black joins previously cast CCH Pounder in the spinoff, which will air as a two-part NCIS episode in the spring.

In an article I didn't link they reported that they began shooting this week as they posted an tweet from Michael Weatherly showing a pic of Scott Bakula's chair with his name stitched on it and a NCIS logo I haven't seen before.

According to a future episode guide the March 18th episode is listed as "Crescent City" so its a good bet that is it.

On a side note if this gets picked up to series they should immediately put in a small part for Dean Stockwell to play Mike Frank's like role as Bakula's character's old superior or even his dad.

Sheesh! They're really tapping into the Quantum Leap family of actors.
Not a big role at all but CCH Pounder was in an episode of Quantum Leap(as were probably a lot of actors at one point).

Last edited:
I really like NCIS LA, but NCIS is the best and probably always will be imo. Definitely giving NCIS NOLA a shot though.

I can't decide on which I like best as despite both being NCIS they are completely different kinda of shows at least to me! I still wish we could see some crossovers between the two.

I can't decide on which I like best as despite both being NCIS they are completely different kinda of shows at least to me! I still wish we could see some crossovers between the two.

There's only one Gibbs and NCIS has him and I've always liked DiNozzo and McGee. They've been plagued with not being able to keep their female character since the start though.

It's odd the only crossover we saw with NCIS LA was when Kenzie went to Hawaii and was with the Hawaii Five-0 crew on a couple episodes.

REMINDER:

Tonight's all new episode of NCIS titled "Crescent City" is Part 1 of the two part backdoor "Pilot" for NCIS: New Orleans

Let's just hope NCIS doesn't follow the CSI and Law and Order franchises by branching out too far, watering down the product and turning it into unwatchable crap too concerned with social commentary.

REMINDER:

Tonight's all new episode of NCIS titled "Crescent City" is Part 1 of the two part backdoor "Pilot" for NCIS: New Orleans

Well, I had mixed feelings about it. The show was absolutely crammed with NOLA references when they didn't have to do all that. They shouldn't have given Bakula an accent to even try. Let him speak the way he normally does. I know a lot of people from NOLA that don't have accents other than the typical one that covers the majority of the southern states.

Show wise it was pretty decent. They definitely need to give them a better office to work out of because that set they showed was just sad and completely unsecure.

Tonight is the finale part in the 2-part back door pilot for NCIS New Orleans on an all new episode "Crescent City Part 2" of NCIS.

I can't wait to watch these back to back later tonight!

Tonight is the finale part in the 2-part back door pilot for NCIS New Orleans on an all new episode "Crescent City Part 2" of NCIS.

I can't wait to watch these back to back later tonight!

You're on a "back to back" roll Cagle.:) Were you saving them up for a reason?

I just don't always watch things right away and with this one I did want to save them and watch them together.

I thought they were pretty good. I liked Lucas Black's and CCH Pounder's characters the best. I thought it was funny when her character asked Gibbs (Mark Harmon) if he knew anything about college football! Those that don't know Mark Harmon was quarterback for UCLA back in the day.

It was a whole lot better than the NCIS: RED spinoff they tried from NCIS: Los Angeles two years ago I think? That is probably do to better casting this time around might be an alright show but they really should film it on location in New Orleans (if its picked up) area as that would be another (major) character to the show.

I just don't always watch things right away and with this one I did want to save them and watch them together.

I thought they were pretty good. I liked Lucas Black's and CCH Pounder's characters the best. I thought it was funny when her character asked Gibbs (Mark Harmon) if he knew anything about college football! Those that don't know Mark Harmon was quarterback for UCLA back in the day.

It was a whole lot better than the NCIS: RED spinoff they tried from NCIS: Los Angeles two years ago I think? That is probably do to better casting this time around might be an alright show but they really should film it on location in New Orleans (if its picked up) area as that would be another (major) character to the show.

To be honest when they tried this I had no idea they were trying to "pitch" a spin-off at all. I just thought they felt like having John Corbett as a guest star.

I think this one may have potential. It's too early yet to know how well everyone on the show will mesh together, but I could maybe see it as a good series.

Until you mentioned it I'd completely forgotten that code red spinoff they had looked at attempting. I remember reading about that back then and wondering what ever happened to the idea. I guess the pilot shows off NCIS: LA just didn't grab anybody.

VN Store

Back