Vikings

First season was meh. Was a lot better before he became Earl. I'll watch the second season though.

Anyone catch the season premiere?

I think I set my DVR but it'll be on a couple of times through out the week. I really did enjoy the first season. However I felt cheated after finding out that the version we got on History was censored/edited compared to the version aired in Europe and some other countries.

While I haven't picked it up yet it appears the Blu-ray set has the option of letting you view the uncut version.

I think I set my DVR but it'll be on a couple of times through out the week. I really did enjoy the first season. However I felt cheated after finding out that the version we got on History was censored/edited compared to the version aired in Europe and some other countries.

While I haven't picked it up yet it appears the Blu-ray set has the option of letting you view the uncut version.

that isn't right,is the no nudity laws in the states or langue ? and can we stream the European version anywhere ?

that isn't right,is the no nudity laws in the states or langue ? and can we stream the European version anywhere ?

Not sure on the streaming but as I said the Blu-ray release does allow to view the uncensored/uncut version.

Its doesn't have anything to do with laws it was just to much for what History could show from what I gathered on basic cable/satellite. Some of the scenes was nudity but other was more graphic fight scenes and possibly sexual content etc..

I'm thinking probably more like Game of Thrones like stuff.

Last edited:
Not sure on the streaming but as I said the Blu-ray release does allow to view the uncensored/uncut version.

Its doesn't have anything to do with laws it was just to much for what History could show from what I gathered on basic cable/satellite. Some of the scenes was nudity but other was more graphic fight scenes and possibly sexual content etc..

I'm thinking probably more like Game of Thrones like stuff.

You mean like:

South Park Wiener Song - Game of Thrones Theme - YouTube

Well that was a very interesting episode...my wife didnt think the situation was as funny as I did...the dinner scene when Ragnar was trying to talk to his wife was hilarious...

Well that was a very interesting episode...my wife didnt think the situation was as funny as I did...the dinner scene when Ragnar was trying to talk to his wife was hilarious...
Awwwwwkward

I was waiting for the nod to Seinfeld.

"When France becomes a country, I believe they will pronounce it 'Menage a trois'"

One thing this show doesn't do, and the dinner scene is a perfect example, is try to make Ragnar into a likable character. I think that may be my biggest reservation with the show. Still a good show, but I have really seen no reason to root for Ragnar to accomplish anything.

3rd episode of this season was good. One of the better episodes of the series.

The time jump threw me a curveball though

'Vikings' Renewed for Third Season by History

'Vikings' Renewed for Third Season by History

via press release:

HISTORY® ORDERS THIRD SEASON OF VIKINGS

HIT SCRIPTED SERIES EARNS

10 EPISODE ORDER

Six New Episodes Remain This Season, Airing Thursdays at 10 p.m.
Season Two Finale Scheduled for Thursday, May 1

New York, New York, March 25, 2014 – HISTORY® has picked up a 10 episode third season of the acclaimed hit drama series, VIKINGS, it was announced today by Dirk Hoogstra, EVP and General Manager, HISTORY & H2. Created and written by Michael Hirst, the renewal comes just four episodes into VIKINGS’ second season. Six new episodes remain in the current season airing Thursdays at 10 p.m. with the season finale slated for Thursday, May 1 at 10 p.m.

VIKINGS season two has propelled HISTORY to #1 in cable in its Thursday 10-11 p.m. time slot. The hit scripted series is off to a strong start in season two currently averaging 3.4 million total viewers, 1.7 million Adults 25-54 and 1.5 million Adults 18-49. In addition, after the first two episodes, VIKINGS gained a +51% lift in Live+7 vs. Live+Same Day averaging 5.1 million total viewers and +60% growth in Adults 25-54 (2.7 million) and Adults 18-49 (2.5 million).

Production on season three will begin this summer to air in 2015.

“VIKINGS has taken viewers by storm and has established itself as one of the most compelling, visually stunning dramas on television. With its large, passionate and loyal fan base, VIKINGS has cemented HISTORY firmly in the scripted series genre, just as we are the leaders in reality television,” said Hoogstra. “We are incredibly fortunate to have such an enormously talented cast and crew led by Michael Hirst whose intricately woven storylines vividly brings the unknown, epic world of these Norsemen to life. Season three promises to immerse viewers even deeper into the exploits of these fearless warriors who are willing to risk it all for conquest and power.”

MGM Television brought the series to the network and brings VIKINGS to global audiences, as the worldwide distributor outside of Ireland and Canada.

“VIKINGS is an epic story brought alive by a talented creative team. We are delighted by the support ‘VIKINGS’ receives from HISTORY and their audience, as well as from our partners and fans around the globe,” said Roma Khanna, President, Television Group and Digital, MGM.

VIKINGS centers on Ragnar (Travis Fimmel), a restless young warrior and family man who longs to find and conquer new lands across the sea and claim the spoils as his own. Now he is an Earl, with more power than ever before, his desire to sail west and explore new kingdoms remains unquenchable.

New to the cast of VIKINGS are Alexander Ludwig (The Hunger Games, Lone Survivor) as Bjorn, the intelligent and bold warrior son of Ragnar Lothbrok, and Linus Roache (Law & Order) as Ecbert, King of Wessex, a man of strength, knowledge and undisguised ambition. They join Travis Fimmel as Ragnar Lothbrok; Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha, a fierce shield maiden and Ragnar’s wife; Clive Standen as Rollo, Ragnar’s impulsive, wild, care-free brother; George Blagden as Athelstan, a young and not-so-innocent Monk; Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy, beautiful wife of the late Earl Haraldson; Donal Logue as King Horik, who desires to make the increasingly famous Earl Ragnar an ally and supporter; Gustaf Skarsgard, a ship builder who designs the new generation of Vikings ships; and Alyssa Sutherland as Princess Aslaug, Ragnar’s new love interest.

Reactions: 1 person
I enjoy this show, but man it has some serious writing issues. Both script writing and storyline writing. I think I'm just not a fan of Michael Hirst. He botches a lot of potentially great projects, Camelot immediately comes to mind.

VN Store

Back