Ant-Man (July 31, 2015)

CagleMtnVol

Ant-Man

Release Date: July 17, 2015

Rating: Not Yet Rated

Distributor: Disney/Marvel

Director: TBA (Edgar Wright exited film 5-20- 2014)

Starring:
Paul Rudd
Michael Douglas

Ant-Man Moves to Summer 2015!

Last edited:
It makes sense that they would move it seeing as it originally was opening up same weekend as Bond 24.

If Marvel/Disney can make this a hit then any other Marvel character can make them money.

Mean while Warner Bros. still can't figure out how to make Green Lantern or any other character not named Batman (Man of Steel gives us hope.) into a success.

Last edited:
This is happening! To be honest I don't think I have seen anything he has been in!

Paul Rudd, Thy Name is Ant-Man?

It appears as if Marvel is ready to sign on the dotted line with their newest superhero, Ant-Man. Rumor has it that Paul Rudd is the man up for the job.

Despite rumblings that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would hop over to Marvel from DC (of course appearing in the Nolan Batman universe as well as recently signing on for Sandman) and early titters that perhaps Simon Pegg was tapped to play the tiny superhero, it is indeed Anchorman 2 star, Paul Rudd who for all intents and purposes, will be your Ant-Man.

Various entertainment outlets claim to have their “sources” all saying that Rudd and Marvel have entered into negotiations for the film projected to be released in July of 2015, shortly after the second Avengers movie.

Edgar Wright is set to direct the film, based on the script that he and Joe Cornish (Attack the Block) co-wrote. The movie will tell the story of Hank Pym, a scientist who, in the course of study, discovers a substance that allows him to change his size. The next logical step would be, of course, to become the size of an insect. Pym becomes a somewhat unlikely crime fighter that uses his small size to his advantage. No getting stuck in an air duct for this guy!

An interesting aspect from the comics is that Hank Pym was the creator of Ultron, who will of course be the villain in the upcoming Avengers sequel. Curious to see if they manage to sneak Rudd into that movie, post credits perhaps?

With the issue of who will be Hank Pym out of the way, look for more information to start coming as pre-production on the film gets underway.

I heard Chris Pratt killed it in Guardians of the Galaxy. I think Rudd would be a good choice.

Marvel/Disney will have their work cut out as Ant-Man is not as iconic as previous Super Heroes. But, still could very well be a success. The character Hank Pym from the comics not only was Ant-Man, but the Giant or Goliath as well as Yellow Jacket. If the marketing looks good on it and it has a good storyline with a better than average villain then it will rack up.

Marvel/Disney will have their work cut out as Ant-Man is not as iconic as previous Super Heroes. But, still could very well be a success. The character Hank Pym from the comics not only was Ant-Man, but the Giant or Goliath as well as Yellow Jacket. If the marketing looks good on it and it has a good storyline with a better than average villain then it will rack up.

I think they've built the Marvel brand up enough to the point where this will still be a success.

Very very very very very movie-ruining lame.

(I'm still sore about it if you can't tell)
I think there are many disappointed in IM3. It needed the Hulk in it or perhaps another Avenger and a super villain. Not the joke they had in it.

Marvel once again has jumped on Warner & DC Comics. Wasting no time in stealing the old Batman/Superman release date!

‘Ant-Man’ Jumps On Old ‘Batman-Superman’ Date

Marvel’s Ant-Man starring Paul Rudd has moved up its release date two weeks to July 17, 2015, Disney said today. That’s the date just vacated by Warner Bros’ Superman Vs. Batman movie (it has moved back 10 months to May 2016). Now Ant-Man will face off against Warners’ Pan, which last month was moved to fill the Superman-Batman slot.

Not saying this won't be a good movie, but if Ant-Man gets green lit then you know comic movies are oversaturating the market.

Rudd is one of my favorite comedic actors, very sarcastic and a deadpanned delivery. Role Models is my favorite comedy in the last few years.

Definitely. The recent one I liked was Our Idiot Brother.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kduZLSyCU6s[/youtube]

This news some how got by me the other day!

Edgar Wright Exits Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’ Over Creative Differences

Edgar Wright Exits Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’ Over Creative Differences

We’re hearing that the relationship between Marvel and Edgar Wright has been going south for about the past two weeks, though the parties said in a statement today that their Ant-Man split was “amicable.” Either way, the director of The World’s End and Shaun Of The Dead won’t be telling the tale of the superhero who can shrink and communicate with insects after all. The studio and the helmer said today in a joint announcement that — after three years including an unexpected postponement — they have parted ways “due to differences in their vision of the film.” Marvel said the move won’t affect the planned July 17, 2015, release date for the pic and that it will announce a replacement helmer soon. But no one is talking about today’s news on holiday getaway Friday.

Wright, known for his collaborations with actor-writers Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, wowed the 2012 Comic-Con crowd with some early Ant-Man footage. But he then pushed the film — starring Paul Rudd as the diminutive title character along with Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, Patrick Wilson, Corey Stoll and Michael Pena — to work on the pub-crawl pic World’s End, which grossed $46 million worldwide for Focus Features last summer. He explained the move during a Q&A with Deadline at Comic-Con last year:

“I had a chance to do Ant-Man in 2011,” Wright said. “Simon was busy with three franchises, if you count Tin-Tin along with Star Trek and Mission: Impossible. We had the story down, and it was in the back of my mind that if we didn’t do this film soon it might never happen, and we owed it to the fans. But then something else happened. [Working Title partner] Eric Fellner was diagnosed with cancer. When I found out about that, I’d literally just finished another screenplay for him, and it was on delivery that he told me. He has given me permission to tell this [World's End] story. That changed everything.” He added later, “To Marvel’s credit, when I went to see them to tell them to their face I wanted to do Ant-Man but that I wasn’t doing it next, Kevin Feige and Louis D’Esposito said they understood. ‘We’ll see you in a couple years,’ they said. … When people ask what’s the hold-up on Ant-Man, my stock line is I’d rather do it with 2015 visual effects than 2005 visual effects.”

Aqua man will be next, follows by the damn apocalypse.

Superhero movies are gay as f###

Aquaman gets so much crap thanks to the 1970's Super Friends show.

However thanks to New 52 and it becoming one of DC Comics top selling books. He will soon be getting an animated feature film in a spin-off of the recent animated film Justice League: WAR.

Aquaman gets so much crap thanks to the 1970's Super Friends show.

However thanks to New 52 and it becoming one of DC Comics top selling books. He will soon be getting an animated feature film in a spin-off of the recent animated film Justice League: WAR.

I knew it! Repent now! The end is near!

Peyton Reed to Direct Ant-Man!

Peyton Reed to Direct Ant-Man!

Following a report last night that he was the frontrunner for the position, Marvel has confirmed today that director Peyton Reed will step behind the camera and direct Ant-Man following the departure of director Edgar Wright. In addition, Marvel has revealed that Adam McKay, who at one point was also in contention to direct, will contribute to the film's script. Reed's previous credits include Yes Man, The Break Up, and Bring It On. He was also previously attached to the Fantastic Four feature film before director Tim Story.

Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

Also starring Evangeline Lilly, Patrick Wilson, and Corey Stoll, Ant-Man is scheduled for release on July 17, 2015.

VN Store

Back