Ray Donovan

jamesd1628

I started watching this over the weekend. Only two episodes in, but I really like it so far. Anyone else?

It looks like a series I would enjoy. I need to catch up on it.

I am loving it. Really great show. Season finale this week.

This is the show that has Sabertooth right?

What would you guys compare it to? I thought the previews looked interesting, but I'd have to watch it online only.

This is the show that has Sabertooth right?

What would you guys compare it to? I thought the previews looked interesting, but I'd have to watch it online only.

Yeah, the lead guy played Victor/Sabertooth in the first Wolverine movie. He's awesome in the Ray Donovan role.

I'm not sure what to compare it too. Basically, some Boston tough guys move out to LA and act as "problem solvers" for entertainers (actors, athletes, etc.). There's a lot of back story with all of the characters. Ray is the main guy and basically spends his time solving all sorts problems for people, basically getting them and keeping them out of trouble. Great writing, great plot lines, great acting. It's becoming one of my favorites.

I'll be checking it out this weekend. I know anytime that a song for a TV show/movie can give me chills, I will at least watch the pilot episode. Dead Man's Bones' Lose Your Soul totally did that for me.

Interesting season finale. They didn't really leave any big cliffhangers to lead to next season (did they?).

Interesting season finale. They didn't really leave any big cliffhangers to lead to next season (did they?).

Nope they can take the show anywhere which I dunno if that is a good or bad thing. Show has good writers so I'm sure they will make it interesting.

They could have cast a hotter wife for Ray. She is just plain nasty. His kids are annoying too, but other than that I love the show.

Well, this one is back on. Good season opener. This show is really good. Mickey is still hilarious.

I cant dont get showtime.
Is ray another breaking bad kind of character?

Similar I guess, though I haven't watched much Breaking Bad. Ray is basically an "enforcer" type who protects celebrities and athletes in LA. Really good show IMO.

Last edited:
Similar I guess, though I haven't watched much Breaking Bad. Ray is basically an "enforcer" type who protects celebrities and athletes in LA. Really good show IMO.

So really he has To get his hands dirty even if it doesn't involve murder?

He mighty qualify as a pragmatic hero which can achieve good things but use methods that are unethical along with bad stuff such as leading people on which they're aware of but think it's the other persons problem, gives helpful advice but often in a condescending, snide, antagonistic, or any other negative way, etc.

He's pretty much a high-end problem solver/tough guy/semi-mobster. He solves all kinds of problems, from the mundane (e.g. stalking) to murder, drugs, etc. But he's got a soft side too. He's also got a lot of family issues. The show runs the gamut emotionally, from hilarious to uber serious. It's a winner in my book.

He's pretty much a high-end problem solver/tough guy/semi-mobster. He solves all kinds of problems, from the mundane (e.g. stalking) to murder, drugs, etc. But he's got a soft side too. He's also got a lot of family issues. The show runs the gamut emotionally, from hilarious to uber serious. It's a winner in my book.

So basically he's like a Swiss Army knife for other people.

Season 2 has been better than I expected. Mickey is hilarious but also sad. I knew Ray would be hooking up with the investigative reporter from Boston. Still can't stand Ray's wife. Some big names added to season 2 - Hank Azaria and Anne Margaret.

I power watched season 1 and the first 4 episodes of season 2 over the past week. Fantastic show.

VN Store

Back