The Counselor

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Ridley Scott
Original screenplay by Cormac McCarthy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Tm7HX7bkc[/youtube]

I posted this in the "Movies You've Seen Recenty" thread, but I'm so pissed off I had to revive this ol' thread too. I saw this over the weekend and it ranks up there with the worst movies I've ever seen. Cormac McCarthy is screwed up. One of the few movies I have't been able to shake since watching it. Horrible.

I heard horrible things, but now I want to watch it if it's "messed up".

McCarthy definitely has a dark side.

I posted this in the "Movies You've Seen Recenty" thread, but I'm so pissed off I had to revive this ol' thread too. I saw this over the weekend and it ranks up there with the worst movies I've ever seen. Cormac McCarthy is screwed up. One of the few movies I have't been able to shake since watching it. Horrible.

Wow. It was without a doubt a bad movie but this is some serious hate, I didn't think it was this level of bad.

Also, if you've read any of his books, it was pretty obvious that Cormac was messed up a long time ago. And that is coming from someone who has read just about every book he's written.

Wow. It was without a doubt a bad movie but this is some serious hate, I didn't think it was this level of bad.

Also, if you've read any of his books, it was pretty obvious that Cormac was messed up a long time ago. And that is coming from someone who has read just about every book he's written.

Fair point. I haven't read any of his books, but regardless I suppose I should have known what was coming. I actually thought the writing was good at times, it's just the feeling the movie leaves you with is hard to shake, at least for me. And that's probably exactly the intent; I just don't like that feeling. And it's not just that it's a non-Hollywood-type ending. I typically like those. It's the all-out brutality and complete negativity rarely seen in any movie. It's like traveling into a black hole. I will definitely say that it gets its point across in dramatic fashion.

Last edited:
Fair point. I haven't read any of his books, but regardless I suppose I should have known what was coming. I actually thought the writing was good at times, it's just the feeling the movie leaves you with is hard to shake, at least for me. And that's probably exactly the intent; I just don't like that feeling. And it's not just that it's a non-Hollywood-type ending. I typically like those. It's the all-out brutality and complete negativity rarely seen in any movie. It's like traveling into a black hole. I will definitely say that it gets its point across in dramatic fashion.

No argument from me with pretty much all of that. I will say though that the movie would still have had a ton of problems even if they replaced her but, I thought it could've been much better if another actress played the Diaz role. I thought she was just brutal.

VN Store

Back