Guardians of The Galaxy (August 1, 2014)

CagleMtnVol

Guardians of The Galaxy

Release Date: August 1, 2014

Rating: Not Yet Rated

Distributor: Buena Vista/Walt Disney

Director: James Gunn

Starring:
Chris Pratt
Zoe Saldana
Dave Bautista
Michael Rooker
Karen Gillan
Benicio del Toro
John C. Reilly
Glenn Close
Lee Pace
Djimon Hounsou
Ophelia Lovibond

guardians_zps79903d15.jpg

guardians-poster-welcome.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a DC guy so other than the big name Avenger's & X-Men characters I know little to nothing about the rest of the Marvel Universe so I literally know nothing about this comic or these characters!

Seems like a pretty good cast though?:unsure:

Anybody see Chris Pratt (Andy from Parks and Rec) lately? Dude is pretty ripped now. He had gained a ton of weight for a role, and recently hit the gym to get in shape for this movie.

All that weight gain/weight loss can't be good for you that these actors do for roles.

Yeah, I know who Amy Pond is, I hope that beautiful red hair grows back! :cray:

If I recall right since your head needs sunlight and with less hair your head gets more sunlight it grows back faster until I think it's a foot.

Not that excited about this. Its almost like Marvel got giddy and excited with their success and freaked out. Now they are just making errthang. Guardians of the Galaxy? Ant Man? No thanks.

Not that excited about this. Its almost like Marvel got giddy and excited with their success and freaked out. Now they are just making errthang. Guardians of the Galaxy? Ant Man? No thanks.

You mean one of the original avengers?

You mean one of the original avengers?

Yep. I have never been a big fan of Ant Man. That's just me obviously but if they just stuck with what they have now, I'd prefer it that way. I'm sure it will be well done as the others have but....eh.

First still image has been released!

hr_Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_9.jpg

Marvel Studios Lines Up the First Still from Guardians of the Galaxy

Although the shot may look a bit familiar to those that attended this year's Comic-Con International in San Diego, Walt Disney Pictures has today released the first official still from Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy featuring, from left to right, Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper), Drax (Dave Bautista) and Groot (Vin Diesel). Check out in the gallery viewer below!

Written and directed by James Gunn, the film's ensemble cast also includes Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, Benicio del Toro, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close and Gregg Henry.

Last edited:
Anybody see Chris Pratt (Andy from Parks and Rec) lately? Dude is pretty ripped now. He had gained a ton of weight for a role, and recently hit the gym to get in shape for this movie.

All that weight gain/weight loss can't be good for you that these actors do for roles.

I love Chris Pratt. He is perfect in Parks & Rec. It seems like TV and movie characters that are the "stupid guy" are so over the top and not believable, but his character hits the nail on the head.

What concerns me is that not a lot of people are familiar with Guardians of the Galaxy. With Avengers, XMen, Thor, Capt America, Spidey you have iconic comics and animated shows that help bring it to life. With this new movie most people I speak with are unfamiliar with these characters. Marvel/Disney will have to do a great marketing job to get people out to see this.

I'm guessing this will be a comedy with sci-fi elements?

I read a lot of Marvel when I was a kid and never heard of them. Is it newer? I haven't bought a comic since 1995 (outside of graphic novels).

What concerns me is that not a lot of people are familiar with Guardians of the Galaxy. With Avengers, XMen, Thor, Capt America, Spidey you have iconic comics and animated shows that help bring it to life. With this new movie most people I speak with are unfamiliar with these characters. Marvel/Disney will have to do a great marketing job to get people out to see this.
I'm with you don't know how many people will know what this is

First Teaser Trailer is out! The first trailer will be released later tonight!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFPyMOHcHQ[/youtube]

The original GotG concept was kind of Buck Rogers-ish. Major Vance Astovik was an astronaut that fell into suspended animation only to be revived centuries later. He awoke in a time where Earth had colonized the galaxy and genetically engineered humans to live on the other planets in our solar system. Their first major storyline had them traveling back in time to assist the Avengers against a being named Michael Korvac.

But Marvel rebooted the idea several years ago to bring it into the same timeline as the Avengers and based it around some of their cosmic characters. Noticeably absent from the movie line-up are Nova, Moondragon, and Photon/Captain Marvel/Quasar. All three were part of the reboot. And on a sidenote, Moondragon and Quasar were an openly lesbian couple. I'm sure that made Disney cringe.

Yes, I was a fanboy/comic geek, but I'm reformed now.

I really know nothing about this franchise and yet it looks awesome!

Guardians of the Galaxy - Full Trailer #1

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM[/youtube]

I really know nothing about this franchise and yet it looks awesome!

Guardians of the Galaxy - Full Trailer #1

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM[/youtube]

I am a fan of James Gunn's works (Slither and Dawn of Dead Remake), and this looks great.

The Raccoon reminded me of a cartoon about bunnies with guns called Cat **** One. Check out trailer below:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8rCfB8pgKc[/youtube]

Last edited:

VN Store

Back