Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (June 6, 2014)

CagleMtnVol

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Release Date: August 8, 2014
Rating: Not Yet Rated

Distributor: Paramount

Director: Jonathan Liebesman (Battle: Los Angeles, Wrath of the Titans)
Produced by: Michael Bay

Composer: Brian Tyler (Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World

Starring:

Megan Fox as April O'Neil
Pete Ploszek as Leonardo
Jeremy Howard as Donatello
Noel Fisher as Michelangelo
Alan Ritchson as Raphael
Danny Woodburn as Splinter
Whoopi Goldberg
Will Arnett
William Fichtner as The Shredder

The first images from filming hit the net in early May.

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_20130509_1497329097.jpg

Megan Fox as April O'Neil

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_20130509_2060370030.jpg

Mikey, Leo & Donnie or the actors playing them in there CGI gear. (Apparently they have been captured? Notice the chains!)

Link:Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set Photo Gallery

Link:First Look at the Pre-CGI Turtles in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
After finding out more about this I feel better about it and surprisingly? Apparently Bay isn't directing as was previously thought.

Filming should be getting close to wrapping up so a teaser trailer should be out by the end of the summer.

I actually like who they hired to play the Shredder!

William Fichtner Confirms Shredder Role in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
When he was first cast in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles back in May, William Fichtner's role was described as being of "iconic stature" within the mythology of the series, making many believe that he would be playing Shredder. Now he has confirmed that he is indeed playing the villain.

"I play Shredder," he told HuffPost TV Canada. "It is cool. It's one of those things that came along where I thought, 'Really? Let me think about this for a minute.' [Laughs] Then I was like, 'Yeah, OK, this sounds like a journey.' I'm very glad that it worked out, I'm really glad that I'm doing it."

You have to admire the TMNT franchise. You know Eastman and Laird never envisioned their b&w indie comic that was intended as a tongue-in-cheek parody of the superhero genre would still be so enduring nearly 30 years later.

You have to admire the TMNT franchise. You know Eastman and Laird never envisioned their b&w indie comic that was intended as a tongue-in-cheek parody of the superhero genre would still be so enduring nearly 30 years later.

And somehow involve Whoopi Goldberg.

Megan Fox is the hottest April O Neal for live action TMNT.

When I look at Raphael in the Trenchcoat, sunglasses, and hat it reminds me of The Invisible Man.

Can't wait to see the Foot Soldiers.
For Shredder this is the costume I would want to see for him.
Mostly Metal he's as steely as the steel he wears, also with a minatory voice.

Shredder_TMNT.jpg

Why are there sai in her boots? Isn't that potential to cut yourself if you do... anything?

No, they aren't like knives. It would just be uncomfortable. They are more like a 3 pronged baton, and actually a pretty useless weapon unless you are defending yourself from a sword.

This isn't looking quite as bad as I thought it might. I would have to see what the turtles would look like before I judged it fully though.

Only in fiction is it sharp, so it just depends on how they present it in the movie. But it will be stupid if they portray it that way.

Well... This is fictional. The most famous media for them are the cartoons, and I can certainly say they were sharp in those. I can't see the mass majority of people knowing that the end of sai AREN'T sharp, especially when all most watch is ninja movies and works of fiction.

Are they still aliens?

Of course nothing has been confirmed but from what I have heard they are NOT. However the "ooze" that turns them into turtles is thought to be alien possibly from Dimension X if they adapt some of the 1980's cartoon into the film which it looks like they might the way the turtle van looks.

Keep in mind that Bay isn't directing despite earlier fears. Although as a producer he will still have a hand in how it looks but with what I have seen from set photos I think it will be much better than the early projections of it being complete crap.

That photo of the lair makes me think that Splinter is the kind of parent that's isn't going to go out and buy his teenager the newest version of something they want. While that's good parenting, I feel sorry for the poor teens who still have to play Madden 07.

Reactions: 1 person
Well... This is fictional. The most famous media for them are the cartoons, and I can certainly say they were sharp in those. I can't see the mass majority of people knowing that the end of sai AREN'T sharp, especially when all most watch is ninja movies and works of fiction.

Exactly I recall in the unimpressive Daredevil movie that Daredevil was stabbed by Elektra using one of her sais.

Also Leonardo's swords I think are Ninjatos even though they get called Katanas.
Ninjato a creation of Hollywood a sword that is shorter than a Katana with a straight blade but are used in a nearly identical combat style as a Katana.
There has no physical evidence that it was used by Ninjas or others in History.

Below a Picture of a Nijato and Leonardo with what looks like the same sword.

Ninto.png

2483468783_b96d4bb6da_o.PNG

Exactly I recall in the unimpressive Daredevil movie that Daredevil was stabbed by Elektra using one of her sais.

straight from the comic.

null_zps1a2aa29d.jpg

Regardless it was a terrible movie.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back