X-Men: Days of Future Past (May 23, 2014)

CagleMtnVol

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Release Date: May 23, 2014

Rating: Not Yet Rated

Distributor: Fox

Director: Bryan Singer

Bryan Singer returns to the X-Men Franchise in this sequel to Matthew Vaughn X-Men First Class.

Starring:

James McAvoy
Patrick Stewart
Michael Fassbender
Ian McKellen
Jennifer Lawrence
Nicholas Hoult
Hugh Jackman
Peter Dinklage
Halle Berry
Anna Paquin
Ellen Page
Shawn Ashmore
Daniel Cudmore
Josh Helman
-----------------------------

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo[/youtube]

Last edited:
Fox announced today that X-Men: Days of Future Past will be released on May 23, 2014 two months earlier than the originally announced July 18, 2014 date.

If they are able to capture the essence of the original story that this film is based on it could be really good. Not sure I like that Singer is back although he was able to put the band back together so to speak managing to get the majority of the original cast to return.

We should see a teaser trailer come out in the next month or so.

This film hasn't been without controversy involving the character Quicksilver after Joss Whedon announced that he planned to use the character in Avengers 2 as well! :popcorn:

Now to me it makes much more since for Quicksilver to appear in a X-Men film seeing as he is the son of Magneto.

Last edited:
Despite his dreadful Superman movie, Singer's two X-Men movies remain the best of the franchise. He produced First Class which was also very good. He "gets" X-Men.

I'm looking forward to this one. It would be awesome if they dropped Franklin Richards in there too since Fox has the Fantastic Four rights as well.

I just hope they give us an epic Man of Steel type battle against these monsters! SENTINELS!!!

You can't do a "Days of Future Past" movie right without them and I want them to be big like those human controlled robots seen in Pacific Rim coming out soon!

sentinels-huge.jpg

Last edited:
I've watched the episodes of this on 90s X Men cartoon.

Is Bishop a time traveler going to be involved in this movie?

I've watched the episodes of this on 90s X Men cartoon.

Is Bishop a time traveler going to be involved in this movie?
Don't think the "Bishop" character will be in it. I assume since Ellen Page is back for this one they are sticking to the original comic version which had Kitty Pryde playing the same roll as Bishop did in the animated version.

Don't think the "Bishop" character will be in it. I assume since Ellen Page is back for this one they are sticking to the original comic version which had Kitty Pryde playing the same roll as Bishop did in the animated version.

Been awhile since I've read it but didn't adult Kitty basically mind swap with her younger self with the help of Rachel Grey? She didn't physically travel through time.

Been awhile since I've read it but didn't adult Kitty basically mind swap with her younger self with the help of Rachel Grey? She didn't physically travel through time.

This pretty much.

This also has some great possibilities, Nimrod and Ahab for villains, as well as another twist ending when kitty goes back to the future and realizes she just has an alternate timeline to deal with, it doesn't fix anything.

X-Men: Days of Future PastÂ’ Adds Josh Helman in a Mystery Role

‘X-Men: Days of Future Past‘ may already be deep into filming, but that doesn’t mean they won’t continue to cast new actors. The latest inductee to the already massive ensemble is Australian actor Josh Helman (The Pacific, Jack Reacher, Mad Max: Fury Road (Upcoming), whose role is being kept under wraps … but we have a pretty solid guess as to who he is playing.

The news comes from The Wrap, who also report that HelmanÂ’s role will require several weeks of filming, meaning that this isnÂ’t a small part. So, who could the on-the-rise Australian actor be playing? Is he playing a brand-new character or an established X-Man?

Well, considering that the film deals with time travel and appears to be acting as a soft reboot of the ‘X-Men’ movies in general, we think — and, again, we’re totally guessing here — he may be playing a young Cyclops. Just look at that face …
josh-helman-james-marsden.jpg

The time travel aspect of the film would explain a way for Bryan Singer to do away with some of the things that happened in X-Men: The Last Stand that was directed by Brett Ratner like the death of Cyclops and the horribly done Phoenix saga!

The time travel aspect of the film would explain a way for Bryan Singer to do away with some of the things that happened in X-Men: The Last Stand that was directed by Brett Ratner like the death of Cyclops and the horribly done Phoenix saga!

Usually if you have a horrid sequel it's logical to reboot.

Be excellent to see Nimrod on the big screen.

Usually if you have a horrid sequel it's logical to reboot.

Be excellent to see Nimrod on the big screen.

I don't think this is a reboot. First Class was "in continuity" so to speak. Although there are some glaring hiccups between Last Stand, Wolverine Origins, and First Class.

It's also worth pointing out that the script for Last Stand was the same one Singer was working with before being booted due to taking the Superman job.

I don't think this is a reboot. First Class was "in continuity" so to speak. Although there are some glaring hiccups between Last Stand, Wolverine Origins, and First Class.

It's also worth pointing out that the script for Last Stand was the same one Singer was working with before being booted due to taking the Superman job.
That's why in the article it says "soft reboot" this is a sequel to "First Class" but also a possible sequel to "X2" it allows them to bring back into continuity characters that were killed off in "Last Stand". In the original comic (I think) the results of the storyline bring about a altered or combined reality do to the time travel which would wipe out the events that happened in "Last Stand" if the "time traveler" arrives before the events in "Last Stand" happen! :unsure:

Which might also explain how/why Famke Janssen will be showing up as Jean Grey in "The Wolverine" still haven't heard if its a flashback or how it fits into the timeline of "The Wolverine" film? :blink:

Last edited:
That's why in the article it says "soft reboot" this is a sequel to "First Class" but also a possible sequel to "X2" it allows them to bring back into continuity characters that were killed off in "Last Stand". In the original comic (I think) the results of the storyline bring about a altered or combined reality do to the time travel which would wipe out the events that happened in "Last Stand" if the "time traveler" arrives before the events in "Last Stand" happen! :unsure:

Which might also explain how/why Famke Janssen will be showing up as Jean Grey in "The Wolverine" still haven't heard if its a flashback or how it fits into the timeline of "The Wolverine" film? :blink:

In the comics whenever Kitty goes back it ends out that her future still exists, all it did was create an alternate time line for the past to make a new future as well.

Also, the only thing I know about wolverine is they are basically pretending Origins never happened :salute:

This film hasn't been without controversy involving the character Quicksilver after Joss Whedon announced that he planned to use the character in Avengers 2 as well! :popcorn:

Now to me it makes much more since for Quicksilver to appear in a X-Men film seeing as he is the son of Magneto.

True, but he was an Avenger for a long time. And his sister the Scarlet Witch was for even longer. It would be hard to explain him without the X-Men background though.

X-Men: Days of Future Past Press Conference Comic-Con 2013
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU_OJiBt2-8[/youtube]

X-Men Days of Future Past Panel Comic-Con 2013
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orr7Brfr6VA[/youtube]

check out the Trask Industries web site for a bunch of awesome Sentinel pics

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92YBR9gEyYI#at=12[/youtube]

Trask Industries

Image6_Full.jpg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back