Avengers: Age of Ultron

the-avengers-age-of-ultron_zpse7635eeb.jpg

Release Date: May 1, 2015

Rating: Not Yet Rated

Distributor: Buena Vista/Walt Disney

Director:Joss Whedon

Last edited:
Robert Downey Jr. Signs on For ‘Avengers 2′ and ‘Avengers 3′
After weeks of speculation as to whether or not he would return, Robert Downey Jr. has officially signed on to star in Disney and Marvel’s next two “Avengers” films.

Downey had hinted in numerous interviews, including a recent segment on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,” in which he says his days of playing Tony Stark were over.

Marvel announced the news on their website Thursday.

Downey Jr.’s deal, negotiated by CAA, comes on the heels of “Iron Man 3′s” boffo performance at the worldwide box office. The 3D blockbuster is already the fifth highest-grossing movie of all-time with a giant $1.2 billion.

“The Avengers” director Joss Whedon recently said in an interview that he had no intention of making a sequel without Downey Jr.

“He is Iron Man,

Really, was there ever any doubt? :unsure:

I'd like to see Avengers from the comics in the movie that haven't been shown before. The Sub Mariner,Giant Man,Wonder Man or Black Panther would be good characters to be brought in.

I'd like to see Avengers from the comics in the movie that haven't been shown before. The Sub Mariner,Giant Man,Wonder Man or Black Panther would be good characters to be brought in.
Marvel/Disney is planning on two movies a year. There already planning Ant-Man directed by Edgar Wright for a November 2015 release it supposed to kickoff the so called Phase III. Iron Man 3 kicked off Phase II earlier this year and will include Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Avengers 2.

Marvel/Disney has already set Phase III release dates for May 6th, 2016 and May 5th, 2017.

It is believed that those dates could go to one of the following Doctor Strange and Black Panther as well as the yet to be determined Mark Ruffalo Hulk film. However Marvel already has working scripts for Ms. Marvel and Blade whose rights have reverted back to Marvel. Reports are they also want to reboot Daredevil and Punisher

Can you imagine the uproar if Ms. Marvel gets to the the big screen before Wonder Woman but when it involves Warner Bros./DC Comics it pretty much guaranteed they will be second in line. If I'm not mistaken they pretty much said some years back that there is no way a live action Justice League type film would work on the big screen. Then Marvel went out and said your right it don't work it was only the 3rd highest grossing movie of all-time. :ermm:

Marvel/Disney is planning on two movies a year. There already planning Ant-Man directed by Edgar Wright for a November 2015 release it supposed to kickoff the so called Phase III. Iron Man 3 kicked off Phase II earlier this year and will include Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Avengers 2.

Marvel/Disney has already set Phase III release dates for May 6th, 2016 and May 5th, 2017.

It is believed that those dates could go to one of the following Doctor Strange and Black Panther as well as the yet to be determined Mark Ruffalo Hulk film. However Marvel already has working scripts for Ms. Marvel and Blade whose rights have reverted back to Marvel. Reports are they also want to reboot Daredevil and Punisher

Can you imagine the uproar if Ms. Marvel gets to the the big screen before Wonder Woman but when it involves Warner Bros./DC Comics it pretty much guaranteed they will be second in line. If I'm not mistaken they pretty much said some years back that there is no way a live action Justice League type film would work on the big screen. Then Marvel went out and said your right it don't work it was only the 3rd highest grossing movie of all-time. :ermm:

I'd love to see another Blade movie made. I'm glad Marvel got the rights back.

Am I the only person who enjoyed the Blade TV show on Spike? I loved how they tried to make it have science involved to explain the vampirism. Shame IMO, had potential.

Great, another comic book movie......:rolleyes:

There is solid decade ahead of 3-4 per summer and up to 6-7 per year.

Hollywood ran out of ideas long ago and are mining the comic industry for all its worth.

I'm glad he's back, I would hate for him to go out from the IM franchise with IM3.

I'd love to see another Blade movie made. I'm glad Marvel got the rights back.

A reboot after the 3rd unimpressive movie.

I thought Thanos would be the main Villain after what was shown in The Avengers movie.

Since Ultron created Vision a Android Super Hero it would be excellent for him to be shown in a Avengers movie.

"Avengers: Age of Ultron" may not start shooting until early 2014, but rumors are already circulating about who could play half of an exciting new duo in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel. Bleeding Cool dropped a hint that Elizabeth Olsen may be director Joss Whedon's top pick to bring the Scarlet Witch to life. This comes after initial frontrunner Saoirse Ronan apparently passed on the role.

'Avengers 2': Meet The Witch Everyone Will Be Talking About - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

No relation to the recent Age of Ultron comic book story even though the name is the same.

Big Casting News!!

A large chance for him to do something terrific on the bigscreen with a unique role.
Ultron is one of the Avenger's deadliest enemies he's like the computer virus that can't be destroyed and continues to infect.

So he is the Marvel version of Brainiac? :ermm:

I'm gonna steal from the wiki, cause he's Marvel's braniac in the same way that The Flash and Quicksilver are the same.

The visual appearance and powers of the character have varied, but common powers include superhuman levels of strength, speed, stamina, durability, and reflexes; flight at subsonic speeds; and various offensive weapons such as concussive blasts of energy fired from its optical sensors and hands, and an "encephalo-ray", which places victims into a deathlike coma. The latter ray also allows Ultron to mesmerize and mind-control victims, or implant subliminal hypnotic commands within their minds to be enacted at a later time. Ultron also has the ability to convert electromagnetic radiation into electrical energy for use or storage. Ultron has a genius intellect, a capacity for creative intelligence and self-repair, superhuman cybernetic analytical capabilities, and the ability to process information and make calculations with superhuman speed and accuracy. The character is an expert roboticist and strategist.
Ultron's outer armor is usually composed of primarily adamantium, which is almost completely impervious to damage. (The first use of the term "adamantium" in Marvel Comics was made in reference to Ultron in Avengers #66, published in July 1969). Most Ultron units are powered by a small internal nuclear furnace and incorporate a "program transmitter" which can beam part or all of Ultron's memory/personality system into other computer systems or duplicate robotic bodies. Ultron can also control other machines remotely. Ultron has occasionally reformed itself with a humanoid appearance above the waist and the appearance of a complex machine, including tractor beam apparatus for flight, below the waist. A later Ultron model developed hive-mind technology, allowing it to animate and control hundreds of alternate Ultron bodies simultaneously, although only the 'prime' Ultron was composed of adamantium while others were made of steel or secondary adamantium due to the lack of resources to give all the Ultrons adamantium bodies. Ultron also uses an internal molecular rearranger that renders the adamantium components of its workings more malleable and so have the ability to restructure his physical form. What circuitry Ultron has is carefully shielded to protect from damage, although the Scarlet Witch is capable of causing malfunctions with her hex power, Johnny Storm, using his nova burst, managed to damage Ultron's internal circuits while his outer armor remained intact, and Wonder Man was once able to destroy an Ultron by throwing it so hard its internal systems were damaged

Plot Info For Avengers Age of Ultron

As you know, Joss Whedon is currently in the process developing Avengers: Age of Ultron, and with a track record like his, I have no doubt it's going to be awesome. In a recent interview with EW, the director discussed some of the issues he had with his first Avengers film and how it has impacted what he's doing for Age of Ultron. We also got some possible plot information for the movie! Here's what he said,

“When I think of a great film, I think of something that’s either structured so perfectly like The Matrix or made so lovingly like The Godfather Part II. There was haphazardness in the way it comes together—not just the people, but the scenes. I don’t think you’d look at it and go, ‘This is a model of perfect structure.’ You’d go, ‘This is working.’ I like it. I’m proud of it and I like its imperfections. The thing I cared most about—making a summer movie like the ones from my childhood—is the thing that I pulled off............

There is solid decade ahead of 3-4 per summer and up to 6-7 per year.

Hollywood ran out of ideas long ago and are mining the comic industry for all its worth.

Hollywood hasn't run out of ideas, it's that new ideas don't make as much money.

When a unique idea comes out it's a box office flop whether it's good or not.

Hollywood is all about the numbers. It's big business with too much at stake if a movie tanks.

I used to read scripts all of the time that were fantastic. But they cater to the masses and we are left with a bunch of crappy comic book movies.

VN Store

Back