Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn
Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn
Sally Field as May Parker
Sarah Gadon
Marton Csokas
Chris Zylka
Felicity Jones

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbp3Ra3Yp74[/youtube]

On Monday June 17, 2013 Sony announced that two more sequels will be in the works for release on June 10, 2016 and the fourth film on May 4, 2018

Last edited:
I couldn't find a thread for this so I started one for the film and to announce that Sony released a statement announcing the release date of tow more sequels in this franchise.

Its a shame that Disney/Marvel can't get the rights back as Spidy would make a great addition to future Avengers films and Marvel Phase II.

I liked the first one ok but I'm not really that excited about the second one.

I liked the first one ok but I'm not really that excited about the second one.

I really I thought the 1st film was better than any of the Toby McGuire films. I've never been a fan of Jamie Foxx I hope they aren't bringing to many bad guys into the franchise to quick.

I liked the first one ok but it was too Ultimatey. I would have been happier if they hadn't redone the origin story.

I am surprised at this news. Did the first movie really have that many people going to the theater?

I am surprised at this news. Did the first movie really have that many people going to the theater
Like I said I thought it was the best out of the four Spider-Man films made. I now find it hard to watch the original trilogy after seeing Amazing.

I no longer put much stock into this site since the crazy reviews for Man of Steel :ermm: but it did receive a 73% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Plus its the only way Sony who owns the Spider-Man rights can capitalize off Disney/Marvel and all those Marvel Phase II films over the next several years Thor 2, Captain America 2, Avengers 2 and what ever else they have coming up over the next 4-6 years.

Last edited:
The news of confirmed 3 and 4 seems like nothing more than Sony saying "screw you" to Disney. The first was better than I expected but it still came across as a lifeless money grab to me. Everything with Peter Parker was especially terrible.

Spiderman 2 will probably remain the pinnacle of Spidey flicks for a long while.

I was really surprised with the first movie. It makes the original seem bad. Hopefully not a letdown.

Mary Jane Won't Appear in The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Mary Jane Won't Appear in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Role Pushed to Third Film
Source: SuperHeroHype
June 19, 2013

maryjaneuhoh.jpg
Some of the first images to come from the set of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 set were of actress Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson, and now it appears that footage won't be seen in the upcoming sequel. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly (thanks to SuperHeroHype user 'fuflipflops'), Woodley confirmed that her character will be cut out of the second movie and won't appear until the third film in the series.

"Of course I'm bummed," said the actress. "But I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason....based on the proposed plot, I completely understand holding off on introducing (Mary Jane) until the next film."

"I made a creative decision to streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship," said director Marc Webb in a statement. "Shailene is an incredibly talented actress and while we only shot a few scenes with Mary Jane, we all love working with her.”

The third and fourth films in the franchise were recently dated for release in 2016 and 2018, respectively.

This is interesting considering that this film is pretty well done or close to being done with filming.

Pretty much in line with the first movie where they hacked the first movie to pieces in the editing room. Remember the alternate origin all the trailers mentioned that was never touched on/used in the first.

They probably didn't want to Peter to use Mary Jane as the rebound too quickly after Gwen dies at the end of this one/didn't have enough time to fit all of the major characters they're trying to push in this one.

Like I said I thought it was the best out of the four Spider-Man films made. I now find it hard to watch the original trilogy after seeing Amazing.

I no longer put much stock into this site since the crazy reviews for Man of Steel :ermm: but it did receive a 73% Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Plus its the only way Sony who owns the Spider-Man rights can capitalize off Disney/Marvel and all those Marvel Phase II films over the next several years Thor 2, Captain America 2, Avengers 2 and what ever else they have coming up over the next 4-6 years.

I don't agree with fan opinions of movies! This site fails and rotten tomatoes or <insert site that approves of my opinion here> is better!

Spiderman 2 is arguably the best superhero movie of all time (The Dark Knight trilogy really stepped it up though.) Most critics will agree to that. The original Spiderman trilogy is the reason we have so many superhero movies out now (and good ones at that for the most part, except you Ryan Reynold's green lantern)

Emma Stone is probably too big for these movies. At the same time though I honestly wasn't buying her acting. It was almost like she put very little effort in to it.

Emma Stone is probably too big for these movies. At the same time though I honestly wasn't buying her acting. It was almost like she put very little effort in to it.
:unsure:uh, You do know she plays Gwen Stacy in both this and the first Amazing Spider-Man?

:unsure:uh, You do know she plays Gwen Stacy in both this and the first Amazing Spider-Man?

I'm clearly confusing characters actually. So there was no Gwen Stacy in the first Spiderman movie series only Mary Jane?

VN Store

Back