Chicago Fire

Fleetwood1104

OB/GYN Kenobi
I didn't see one anywhere for this and i'm kind of surprised. i've been on this show since the first one and i'm hooked. anyone else been watching this?

I didn't see one anywhere for this and i'm kind of surprised. i've been on this show since the first one and i'm hooked. anyone else been watching this?

Yes. The first half of the show I got so tired of them dragging out the story with Severide doing drugs and his busted arm but its gotten better.

Probably the best new show on TV from this past fall. IMO Its from the guy who did Law & Order and its spinoffs. I never have liked L&O but I've been hooked on this show.

It reminds me so much of another NBC show (that I really liked back in the day) from the late 90's early 2000's called Third Watch.

I have read that NBC is so excited about this show (one of its few hits) that they are looking to already do a spinoff next fall based on the paramedic's brother who is a Detective "vice" cop.

Probably the best new show on TV from this past fall. IMO Its from the guy who did Law & Order and its spinoffs. I never have liked L&O but I've been hooked on this show.

It reminds me so much of another NBC show (that I really liked back in the day) from the late 90's early 2000's called Third Watch.

I have read that NBC is so excited about this show (one of its few hits) that they are looking to already do a spinoff next fall based on the paramedic's brother who is a Detective "vice" cop.

Too soon, way too soon.

Too soon, way too soon.

definitely. it usually takes a few years of character and plot development for there to be enough substance for a spin off. now if they have a premise to the story they might could get away with going ahead and doing it but not in any way related to CF

Too soon, way too soon.

NBC doesn't have much to hang there hat on, here's more....

NBC’s ‘Chicago Fire’ Spinoff Casts Actress
April 9, 2013

NBC‘s Chicago Fire planted spinoff has cast Tania Raymonde (Lost). As we first reported, the Dick Wolf-produced firefighter drama is eying a spinoff series, a cop drama about the Chicago Police Department, which is being developed by Chicago Fire creators/executive producers Derek Haas and Michael Brandt, executive producer Matt Olmstead and executive producer Wolf, whose company Wolf Films produces Chicago Fire with Universal TV. The potential spinoff is being introduced in the Chicago Fire‘s first season finale directed by Joe Chappelle. As reported by TVLine, Raymonde has been cast in the finale as a new character, a police officer named Nicole. It is still unclear which Chicago Fire actors may transfer to the spinoff series. Chicago Fire‘s recurring cast includes Chicago PD Detective Antonio Dawson, played by Jon Seda, who is considered a likely potential co-star for the new project.

NBC Eyes ‘Chicago Fire’ Spinoff Series
March 27, 2013

Chicago Fire Spinoff NBCEXCLUSIVE: NBC‘s Chicago Fire has been on a roll, steadily building from a slow start to hit several series highs in midseason, get its freshman order upped from 22 to 24 episodes and cement a second-season renewal. Now I hear the Dick Wolf-produced firefighter drama may also get a spinoff series. Details are sketchy, but I hear the proposed spinoff is also a Chicago-set procedural about another Public Safety division, the police. I hear the cop drama about the Chicago Police Department is being developed by Chicago Fire creators/executive producers Derek Haas and Michael Brandt, executive producer Matt Olmstead and executive producer Wolf, whose company Wolf Films produces Chicago Fire with Universal TV. Word is that the new show would start off as a planted spinoff with Chicago Fire‘s first season finale directed by Joe Chappelle. It is still being sorted out which Chicago Fire actors may transfer to the spinoff series. Chicago Fire‘s recurring cast includes Chicago PD Detective Antonio Dawson, played by Jon Seda.

While networks usually wait at least two seasons until they use a successful series to launch a spinoff, given the state of NBC, where Chicago Fire is one of few bright spots, the urgency is understandable. Especially when someone of Wolf’s experience spinning off procedural dramas is involved. Wolf is the creator of Law & Order, which successfully spawned two series — Law & Order: SVU and Law & Order: CI. Chicago Fire is also executive produced by Wolf Films’ Peter Jankowski and Danielle Gelber.

News is coming fast for this...

Melissa Sagemiller To Star In NBC’s ‘Chicago Fire’ Spinoff
April 10, 2013

Melissa Sagemiller has been tapped for what is considered the leading new addition in the proposed Chicago Fire spinoff, from Wolf Films and Universal TV. Sagemiller will appear in the Chicago Fire freshman season finale, which serves as planted spinoff for a potential new drama series, a cop drama about the Chicago Police Department. Sagemiller will play Detective Willhite, a member of the Chicago PD Intelligence Unit.

Kelly Blatz Cast In ‘Chicago Fire’ Spinoff
April 10, 2013

Kelly Blatz has joined NBC‘s proposed Chicago Fire spinoff, from Wolf Films and Universal TV. Blatz will guest star in the Chicago Fire freshman season finale, which serves as planted spinoff for a potential new drama series, a cop drama about the Chicago Police Department. Blatz will play the young but seasoned Officer Elam, a role that would be one of the leads of the potential spinoff. He joins recently cast Melissa Sagemiller, Tania Raymonde and Scott Eastwood.

NBC must be in a world of hurt to be doing this. Serves them right for constantly spitting out decent shows and then cancelling them before the first season is over.

this will probably not end well for them but if it turns out as good as chicago fire has i'll still watch it

NBC must be in a world of hurt to be doing this. Serves them right for constantly spitting out decent shows and then cancelling them before the first season is over.
NBC is the poster boy for this, remember the show JAG? Its 1st season aired on NBC (1995) and they cancelled it, airing only 21 of the 22 ordered episodes.

CBS picked up the series as a midseason replacement in January of '97 and the rest is TV history.

It went on for 9 more seasons during season 8 it spawned the spin-off series NCIS which has gone on to become one of the most watched programs on TV and also spun-off another hit show NCIS: Los Angles and a couple of weeks ago it aired a two part story called "RED" that was a back door pilot to a new series scheduled for this fall called NCIS: Red.

this will probably not end well for them but if it turns out as good as chicago fire has i'll still watch it

It being a cop show I hope it isn't to much like Law & Order. I never have liked that show, yet I like most other procedural cops shows and have for years. :ermm:

It being a cop show I hope it isn't to much like Law & Order. I never have liked that show, yet I like most other procedural cops shows and have for years. :ermm:

i attempted the law and order series and couldn't do it. i'd like to see another cop show that doesn't focus so much on the forensics like so many have come to do, like blue bloods. i actually liked "chicago code" that abc did a couple of years ago do and maybe this will be a decent show. maybe add a little bit of detective voight(sp) and gabby's brother, just enough to tie it in but also just enough to make it it's own show.

i attempted the law and order series and couldn't do it. i'd like to see another cop show that doesn't focus so much on the forensics like so many have come to do, like blue bloods. i actually liked "chicago code" that abc did a couple of years ago do and maybe this will be a decent show. maybe add a little bit of detective voight(sp) and gabby's brother, just enough to tie it in but also just enough to make it it's own show.

They're trying to do that with Golden Boy but I honestly think it's falling short and lacks creativity.

They're trying to do that with Golden Boy but I honestly think it's falling short and lacks creativity.

agreed, i've seen a few episodes of golden boy and while not terrible it doesn't make me just look forward to it every week like some shows do

Chicago PD picked up by NBC

'Chicago PD,' 'Chicago Fire' Spinoff, Picked Up By NBC

NBC has picked up "Chicago PD," a spinoff of "Chicago Fire," the network announced Friday.

Rumors first started flying that a "Chicago Fire" spinoff was in the works at NBC in March

"District 21 of the Chicago Police Department is made up of two distinctly different groups. There are the uniformed cops who patrol the beat and go head to head with the city’s street crimes. And there’s the Intelligence Unit, the team that combats the city’s major offenses – organized crime, drug traffi cking, high profile murders and beyond.

Leading the Intelligence team is Sergeant Hank Voight (Jason Beghe), a man not against skirting the law in the pursuit of justice. Demanding and tough, only those who can take the heat survive under Voight’s command. Take Detective Antonio Dawson (Jon Seda) – despite his troubled history with his boss, Dawson has ambitions of running the unit… so if that means facing off against Voight every day, he’ll persevere. From the street cops with dreams of moving up to the elite crew who are already in, “life on the job” is a daily challenge. The enormous responsibilities that come with the territory take an emotional toll, as we’ll f nd when we follow the personal lives of our characters outside the walls of District 21. From Emmy®-winning producer Dick Wolf and the team behind “Chicago Fire” comes Chicago PD, a gripping, character-driven new police drama about those who put it all on the line to serve and protect."

Not sure if I will watch or not it sounds to much like Law & Order. IMO Something I have never cared for.

if they run it somewhat similar to chicago fire i can see it being good. just enough of the action stuff to make it entertaining but without centering the whole show around a certain case

So anyone else been keeping up with the show! Its really had some great storylines going this season.

So anyone else been keeping up with the show! Its really had some great storylines going this season.

i still watch it every week. i do kind of dislike how they've gotten more into the character story lines and away from the rescue scenarios. it's obvious the past few weeks they are using this to push chicago pd pretty hard

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back