Anyone watch ANY SyFy?

Coug

Lost Girl? Continuum? Being Human? Haven? Warehouse 13?

New show coming on called Defiance that looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Never watch the shows, but for some reason I watch all their weird movies. I have Heebie Jeebies and Tasmanian Devil on my dvr now. Are any of their shows good?

Reactions: 1 person
I stayed up until 12:30cst the other night watching Halloween: H2O on SyFy. I'm not sure why. I guess I needed further confirmation that Josh Hartnett is the worst actor in the history of cinema.

I stayed up until 12:30cst the other night watching Halloween: H2O on SyFy. I'm not sure why. I guess I needed further confirmation that Josh Hartnett is the worst actor in the history of cinema.

Him, Freddy Prince Jr, and Channing Tatum are my 3 least favorite actors. The all always have that I'm confused and about to cry look on their faces.

SyFy's original programming is pretty good. Being Human and Haven are my favorites. I can't get into Lost Girl. Continuum is interesting, but I don't think it can reasonably last more than 2 seasons. Defiance looks like it's going to be good.

Never watch the shows, but for some reason I watch all their weird movies. I have Heebie Jeebies and Tasmanian Devil on my dvr now. Are any of their shows good?

LOL! All day Saturday they replay a lot of their original movies and then Saturday evening is usually when they debut a new SyFy movie. Some aren't surprisingly bad but others just have the worst acting and special effects in them. I usually cheer when the bad actors get killed. :)
I definitely like some of the shows on there.

I thought worst actor awards went to Keanu Reeves, and Jean-Claude Van Damme?

SyFy's original programming is pretty good. Being Human and Haven are my favorites. I can't get into Lost Girl. Continuum is interesting, but I don't think it can reasonably last more than 2 seasons. Defiance looks like it's going to be good.

Lost Girl was better when Bo and Dyson were a couple. Now they're just miling the girl on girl action.

I'm watching Continuum right now. I can't believe they took away her suit. Now it's almost like every other cop show. I might have to agree with you on the 2 year run for this show.

I like the movies they show (especially the cheap/goofy ones during the day). "Ice spiders" is one my favorites.

The one with Debbie Gibson and Tiffany made my year. I enjoy cheesy movies with bad acting. The make me laugh. Lol

The one with Debbie Gibson and Tiffany made my year. I enjoy cheesy movies with bad acting. The make me laugh. Lol

Same here. And its a lot better imo when the movie has some ridiculous science fiction based plot like those on syfy. And by ridiculous i mean exaggerated/worst case scenario etc

Reactions: 1 person
Shows are generally good, the "reality" shows are usually entertaining, but the movies are awesome in the worst way possible.

I'm a big fan of Destination Truth. I used to watch Ghost Hunters until they went from more skeptic to every house in America is haunted.

I like the movies they show (especially the cheap/goofy ones during the day). "Ice spiders" is one my favorites.

I usually catch one on the weekends during the kid's naptime. My wife has looked aver and said "you're probably the only person in America watching this crappy movie right now." Good to know I'm not alone :)

Ghost mine. The whole mining aspect is really interesting to me, don't care about the ghosts. And the ginger is hot.

their catfight that included lines from their songs is comedy gold, the rest of the movie sucked though

Anyone see the show Robot Combat League on the website yet? It's got Chris Jericho hosting it. It seems extremely corny (that's the territory of course), but it actually seems really cool. especially to a nerd like me.

Anyone remember Iron Invader?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Invader

I don't know why I noticed it when I was watching it but 90% of the cast members had blue eyes. I was watching it with my dad and I said 1/3 of the way in the movie, "why does every actor in this movie have blue eyes?"

You might like this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Syfy_original_films
"Sci Fi" of course...
List of Sci Fi Pictures original films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then there was this gem..
Ogre3.jpg

Ogre.

Last edited:
Anyone see the show Robot Combat League on the website yet? It's got Chris Jericho hosting it. It seems extremely corny (that's the territory of course), but it actually seems really cool. especially to a nerd like me.

Saw this for the first time last night. They brought in George Lucas to help his daughter on the show. Don't know what happened, I switched over to the tourney.

I've been watching this. It definitely makes my inner dork happy.

I'd be impressed if they could somehow have the robots actually walk on their own rather than be attached to rails.

I'd be impressed if they could somehow have the robots actually walk on their own rather than be attached to rails.

True, but it's a balance thing. One punch and they would fall over. Would make for boring fights.

Bumped for Defiance

Has anyone seen the pilot yet? I just watched it, really enjoyed it.

VN Store

Back