Catfish

BadJerry20

Internet Super Hero
Watched the documentary this past weekend, and the first episode of the tv show tonight. Not really sure why people would do that to other people. I mean it's kinda funny, but very mean at the same time. A little heartbreaking to be honest.

if i remember correctly this thing was weird. i forgot the general idea of it. remember it being odd.

if i remember correctly this thing was weird. i forgot the general idea of it. remember it being odd.

Basically about a guy that falls for a girl online, that isn't real. Some older woman made her and all her fb friends up, to make her appear more real. Dont wanna give it all away, but was very strange. Now the guy is doing a show about other people who did the same thing. Pretty odd but interesting show.

I watched the documentary this weekend too. It was crazy. What channel and time is the show on?

ummmm.... you guys know its fake, right??

Was wondering when this guy would show up. Lol The filmmakers swear it's real, of course they could be lying. I've checked and its never been proven one way or the other. The movie didn't feel fake, the guys reactions in the movie certainly didn't. The first episode on the other hand, seemed a little staged. With MTV's hand in it, I'm sure it'll be twisted some. Honestly it's probably somewhere in between real and fake. True stories revisited type of deal. It interests me, because I had a friend that the same thing happened to her. Guy was from Holland, model type etc, she flies there and the guy is a fat 50 year old. She was pretty devastated.

ummmm.... you guys know its fake, right??
The movie is definitely fake. It's been a couple of years since I've seen it but I remember having the impression that they figured out way ahead of time that something wasn't right and then went back and refilmed some things while stringing along the lady at the end.

Haven't seen the show.

Last edited:
The movie is definitely fake. It's been a couple of years since I've seen it but I remember having the impression that they figured out way ahead of time that something wasn't right and then went back and refilmed some things while stringing along the lady at the end.

Haven't seen the show.

The movie is definitely fake, because you remember having the impression that they figured it out? How does having the impression of something, make it definitely fake? What you described would be a based on a true story type of thing, wouldn't it?

The movie is definitely fake, because you remember having the impression that they figured it out? How does having the impression of something, make it definitely fake? What you described would be a based on a true story type of thing, wouldn't it?

If that's the way things actually went down, those guys are naive idiots. Who begins an online "relationship" and never googles them? Why would you have every single thing that happened with these people on film? Even be stuff that happened before the "relationship". Don't you think it's odd that 3 young tech-savvy guys never take a step back and question any of this? I think the lady was really faking it, just that the guys knew and strung her along.

There were some other things but its been a while since I've seen it. Overall, I don't believe the way it was presented, was the way it actually went down. Other documentarians have said the same thing. The film makers will never admit that any of it was fake because they gain nothing from it. I still enjoy enjoyed it, I just didn't fully buy it.

If that's the way things actually went down, those guys are naive idiots. Who begins an online "relationship" and never googles them? Why would you have every single thing that happened with these people on film? Even be stuff that happened before the "relationship". Don't you think it's odd that 3 young tech-savvy guys never take a step back and question any of this? I think the lady was really faking it, just that the guys knew and strung her along.

There were some other things but its been a while since I've seen it. Overall, I don't believe the way it was presented, was the way it actually went down. Other documentarians have said the same thing. The film makers will never admit that any of it was fake because they gain nothing from it. I still enjoy enjoyed it, I just didn't fully buy it.

Some people are that desperate for love, it probably happens a lot more than you think. That being said, I guess I took your "it's definitely fake" as none of it ever happened. My bad. I agree they figured it out and decided to make a movie and embellish some of it. Halfway through the movie they admitted as much. What intrigued me was, the woman and all the trouble she went through to try and trick him.

The newest one was pretty messed up. A girl made up a guy and texted the girl for 2 years as this guy, just for revenge

The newest one was pretty messed up. A girl made up a guy and texted the girl for 2 years as this guy, just for revenge

Both those girls were pathetic. I don't see how the show isn't fake. There is no way people are that dumb (the person who falls for it) and that pathetic (the person who continues the same seemingly 24/7).

That was messed up, b*tches be crazy! Lol

I wonder if someone has ever bumped in to the fake pic person in real life. Like if you used my pic to trick a girl, and then she saw the real me walking down the street. Sorry random thought, I bet it's happened though. Lol

Both those girls were pathetic. I don't see how the show isn't fake. There is no way people are that dumb (the person who falls for it) and that pathetic (the person who continues the same seemingly 24/7).

I don't think it's totally real or fake. True story revisited with a couple embellishments type deal. I had a friend who had it happen to her, some people are that desperate for love. It's sad really.

That was messed up, b*tches be crazy! Lol

I wonder if someone has ever bumped in to the fake pic person in real life. Like if you used my pic to trick a girl, and then she saw the real me walking down the street. Sorry random thought, I bet it's happened though. Lol

Lol wth

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back