What's your favorite '80s movie?

trevols81

Sous me.
Since many of us were children during the 1980s I was wondering what are some of your favorite movies from that decade.

Any 80s movie is applicable.

Some of the movies I adored as a child are The Last Starfighter, The Dark Cyrstal, Flight of the Navigator, The Karate Kid, and The Goonies(off the top of my head).

As a teenager and an adult I have discovered other "classics" from this era such as The Terminator, They Live, Robocop, The Thing, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High(again, off the top of my head).

What are some of your favorite movies from the 80s?

51Z6A8CED9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Right Stuff
Airplane
Caddyshack
Hoosiers
Raising Arizona

A pure guilty pleasure of a movie, but looking back, that movie actually offers a pretty good insight into the Cold War mentality of the early 80s.

Wolverines!!!

I just had to list that one by itself. Every kid my age watched that movie and then ran out in the woods to build our wolverine fort to protect us from the impending invasion.

Return of The Jedi
Better Off Dead
Weird Science
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Silverado

Platoon
The Falcon and the Snowman
The Right Stuff
War Games
The Deer Hunter
The Untouchables
No Way Out
Pale Rider
Firefox
Lethal Weapon
Ferris Buellers Day Off
The Big Chill
Fatal Attraction
Silverado
Rain Man
Good Morning Vietnam

I graduated high school in 1981 and from college in 1987

Platoon
The Falcon and the Snowman
The Right Stuff
War Games
The Deer Hunter
The Untouchables
No Way Out
Pale Rider
Firefox
Lethal Weapon
Ferris Buellers Day Off
The Big Chill
Fatal Attraction
Silverado
Rain Man
Good Morning Vietnam

I graduated high school in 1981 and from college in 1987

No Way Out is way underrated.

No Way Out is way underrated.

I am not certain, but I believe it either didn't last long at movie houses for some reason OR it was released only on videotape. Not for sure, but something in the back of mind says there was something different about it. For sure though, it is a great movie with an unbelievable twist at the end. I certainly had no idea Costner's character was a Soviet mole until the end

VN Store

Back