The Rap/Hip-Hop thread

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Can't post links via my phone but I can't stop spinnin j cole fr. Jayz - Mr nice watch.

Jayz absolutely murders it (as usual)

Can't post links via my phone but I can't stop spinnin j cole fr. Jayz - Mr nice watch.

Jayz absolutely murders it (as usual)

Listened and I like that a lot.

I like Jay-Z and Kanye's album.

Honestly, I went like the last 7 years mostly without listening to any new hip-hop, but recently I've been catching up. I am really into some of the new blood including B.o.B., Drake, Kid Cudi, etc.

And then of the old guard, I've been listening a lot to Eminem, Lil' Wayne, Jay-Z, and Kanye. Of course, as always, Outkast is in there, too.

Love Jay Electronica...Exhibit C and Exhibit A are teo of my favorite songs by him...I also really like "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" where he uses the Gnarls Barkley song of the same title.

Dude seriously needs to come out with an album.

Love Jay Electronica...Exhibit C and Exhibit A are teo of my favorite songs by him...I also really like "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" where he uses the Gnarls Barkley song of the same title.

Dude seriously needs to come out with an album.

Jazzmatazz might be the greatest instrumental I've ever heard. I go around the day going "do, do...do do" all day.

Exhibit C is great. I love I feel good.

I really want at least a mixtape.

Honestly, I went like the last 7 years mostly without listening to any new hip-hop, but recently I've been catching up. I am really into some of the new blood including B.o.B., Drake, Kid Cudi, etc.

And then of the old guard, I've been listening a lot to Eminem, Lil' Wayne, Jay-Z, and Kanye. Of course, as always, Outkast is in there, too.

OutKast is my favorite "old school" group.

Dang, didn't realize they qualified as old school.

I'm a young'n, and it's been a while since they did an album together, so that quantifies that as old school to me. Sorry if I made you feel old :)

GahLee, how do you feel about Dr. Dre? I honestly really don't get the hype about him as a rapper (great producer).

GahLee, how do you feel about Dr. Dre? I honestly really don't get the hype about him as a rapper (great producer).

He could talk about making a grilled cheese and it would sell, his production ability is top notch for any genre of music.

As far as rapping goes, it's always been rumored that Snoop wrote slot of his material since they started collaborated.

Regardles of that he is an average talent on the mic, but still is top three ever in influence, Hell
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wasn't ready to send yet, dumb iPhone.

Was going to say.....

Hell, even Kanye admits to developing his style after Dre, and without question Kanye has taken the torch from Dre as musics most influential producer.

I have been stalking Talib Kweli the past 2-3 years. Mos Def also, to a slightly lesser extent. But Talib right now is just the hottest thing going in hip hop.

Not really a new CD or mixtape but this is sick:

Eminem: The Cypher (BET Hip Hop 2011) - Videos @ DatPiff.com

Side note: I used to absolutely hate Yelawolf but now I think he's at least okay. Just wayy redneck.

I can't stand him either. I don't like "party music" to be begin with, and I'm just not impressed with him.

Found an unknown rapper in Jae Apollo. Got his mixtape for free at his website. Really impressed with him.

Jae Apollo - Warring with the Devil - YouTube

Run DMC - It's Tricky
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqMX0IRCprE[/youtube]

Run DMC - It's Tricky ft. Special K
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdAfJoj5uGE[/youtube]

Kris Kross - Jump
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IGPv2r_A1o[/youtube]

I have been stalking Talib Kweli the past 2-3 years. Mos Def also, to a slightly lesser extent. But Talib right now is just the hottest thing going in hip hop.

Thank you. Seriously!

I love when Talib gets respect. Nobody is hotter.

I can't stand that Lamar kid. Jay Electronica is hot and so is J Cole. As far as Dr. Dre. I wish he would just retire already. Sick of hearing about Detox and all that. It's not going to drop, ever! I don't really like Kanye either. Ever since his first LP, his production has really fallen off IMO. That whole cd was bangin' and then he got too big? I loved his work on Common, Kweli's and Jay's album but thats it. I really miss the old school samples and it seems like producers are staying away from that. Stuff from the Heatmakerz. Now that's hot!

Kanye's production is still alright, but his lyrics went from real and interesting to "red lights, green lights, yellow lights, blue lights, stoplights..."

Thank you. Seriously!

I love when Talib gets respect. Nobody is hotter.

I can't stand that Lamar kid. Jay Electronica is hot and so is J Cole. As far as Dr. Dre. I wish he would just retire already. Sick of hearing about Detox and all that. It's not going to drop, ever! I don't really like Kanye either. Ever since his first LP, his production has really fallen off IMO. That whole cd was bangin' and then he got too big? I loved his work on Common, Kweli's and Jay's album but thats it. I really miss the old school samples and it seems like producers are staying away from that. Stuff from the Heatmakerz. Now that's hot!

Kanye's production has matured, personally I'm glad to see him move forward and grow as an artist instead of continuing to produce the same old crap like most other rap artists.

Twisted Fantasy, to me, quite possibly features the best production on a rap album ever.

I hope Dre drops an album because when he does everyone will step back and have to revaluate their latest material.

Takin is great but really isn't that hot as far as sells go and never will be because the mass is just to dumb and lazy to look for good music, they would rather have it handed to them at their convenience.

VN Store

Back