Green Lantern.....June 17th.

I plan on checking it out. I'm a sucker for superhero movies.

Not sure what to think of it yet, but I will check it out. Not a huge fan of Seth (one character) Rogen.

Not sure what to think of it yet, but I will check it out. Not a huge fan of Seth (one character) Rogen.

I think you're thinking "Green Hornet", "Green Lantern" stars Ryan Reynolds.

Last edited:
IGN just reviewed the movie and said it was awful (well not awful, but a mess)

Last summer gave us the DC bomb that was Jonah Hex and this summer offers the colossal disappointment that is Green Lantern. The epitome of spectacle over substance, Green Lantern is a cosmic mess and a huge letdown given the source material it had to draw from. Indeed, X-Men: The Last Stand and Wolverine are better than Green Lantern. This was DC and Warner Bros.' best bet yet at establishing a deeper bullpen of big screen superheroes beyond Batman and Superman, but the film is bad enough to possibly kill any hope for ever seeing The Flash or Justice League.

Green Lantern Review - Movies Review at IGN (page 1 is pretty much synopsis)

page 2 is more review rather than synopsis:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/117/1175316p2.html

positive point though:

Many fanboys had a bug up their ass about Ryan Reynolds the moment they'd learned he'd been cast, but he's the best thing in the movie. His charm and wit keep the viewer invested in Hal even when the script has clearly failed both him and us. Reynolds helps ground the film in some measure of believability, and he will likely be cited as one of the main reasons why anybody might end up actually enjoying this mess. He also has good chemistry with Blake Lively, who isn't given much more to do than admonish Hal or sit in her office looking sexy at her Mac. (Her highpoint, outside of one later action set-piece, is a Top Gun-style dogfight alongside Hal.)

i'd quote more from the article, but since the movie's ads seem to have gone out of their way to keep the main plot points a secret, I don't want to reveal too many spoilers or spoilerish details

I can't stress enough what a setback the creative failure of Green Lantern is for DC and Warners' plans for a broader DC cinematic universe akin to Marvel's. Even if the movie makes money (I'm sure it will open strongly and probably do well overseas), it's not a film that DC or Warners can honestly say they're happy with. If DC and Warners had hoped this would be their Star Wars (a comparison the filmmakers have been all too happy to make for months now) then Green Lantern only offers fans the wonder of the creature-filled cantina scene, but none of the thrill of the Death Star run or the emotional resonance of any of its iconic characters. No, this isn't DC's Star Wars. It's not even their Last Starfighter; it's their Flash Gordon, but without the cool tunes or self-aware cheesiness. It's a frustrating, deeply flawed film rife with missed story opportunities and squandered potential. Green Lantern deserved better.

Last edited:
My take on critics is well know, kinda. I do know the more that is expected, claimed and liked for a big summer movie the more the critics hate it. Some of the biggest summer, action greats were all universally hated by critics. IGN hates every thing Warner Brothers does and it is quiet well know. This movie GREEN LANTERN is tracking to open in the 75 million range. I expect more personally, but who knows?

The Visuals alone in this makes it worth seeing. The 3-D will be awesome.

I am still looking forward to this, the critics be damn....:)

It's also holding a 29% review on rotten tomatos, pretty much the day before it's released....so I don't think it's just IGN here (and that 'hates everything's a bit bogus)

I'm not really trying to argue you or anyone should or shouldnt see it at this point, but there might be a pretty good chance they screwed the pooch here and the movie's not as good as they're trying to advertise it
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
The critics suck and this movie proves it.

The only thing the Critics where right about is that it maybe to non-terrestrial for some movie goes. It is a film wrought with imagination. And they think that that's a bad thing.

Is it a Batman good, yes\kinds\sorta only in a different way. the plot is a lot to take in. The more of a sci-fi or science back ground or interest your have the better you think this is.

I can only say that the critics screwed the pouch on this one.

Just saw it - thought it was pretty good. Thought the defeat of the villain was way too simple but not a deal killer.

I'm definitely a Blake Lively fan after seeing it and she looks great as a brunette.

VN Store

Back