The wire

Vols520

Started renting the dvd's through netflix and I is quickly becoming one of my fav shows of all time.

Omar is such a great character.

If u missed it while it was on tv, I suggest renting it soon.

I bought the entire series two Christmases ago. Best written show ever. I actually just started rewatching the first episodes a few days ago.

Just started season three. I admit I liked Oz better so far as far as HBO series go but The Wire is still very good.

Started renting the dvd's through netflix and I is quickly becoming one of my fav shows of all time.

Omar is such a great character.

If u missed it while it was on tv, I suggest renting it soon.
Indeed

I got the entire series as a birthday gift.

How people waited an entire week for these stories to play out is beyond me.

Wood Harris (Avon) makes some of the funniest damn faces I ever seen. Why can't he get a good role in a movie? Next Day Air was a step back. imo

My favorite characters was Stringer, Prop Joe, & Bodi. That show was great though, isn't the guy that was behind it got a new show coming out about New Orleans post Katrina?

Wood Harris (Avon) makes some of the funniest damn faces I ever seen. Why can't he get a good role in a movie? Next Day Air was a step back. imo

My favorite characters was Stringer, Prop Joe, & Bodi. That show was great though, isn't the guy that was behind it got a new show coming out about New Orleans post Katrina?

Treme. yep same guy behind Generation Kill too.

Prop Joe was nothing short of captivating every time he was on screen. I'm glad he was heavily used all series.

Don't know how I took so long to get into this, but I watched the entire series over the last couple months.

Couldn't go so far as to say it's the best show ever, but others have said it and I believe it. Easily the best series I've ever watched. It just beat out Band of Brothers.

Great show, watched the entire series again over the summer.

Since my wife has never watched Six Feet Under or The Sopranos we just started watching them.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

just finished rewatching Season 2. It is by far my favorite. The entire series is amazing but the organized crime aspect and the dock worker perspective made for an awesome season. Wish they would have kept up with the Greek in the later seasons.

They did keep up with the Greek.

IMO exploring the longshoremen and docks was necessary to the progression of the plot for the whole series, but I felt the look at their subculture was weak.

i have been eyeballing this for quite some time and finally found a somewhat reasonable price for the series, so i dropped the hammer and placed the order. it should be here in a few days. i am very excited. i still have the oz series to watch, but after watching about the first 6 episodes a few months ago, i have still yet to really get into it. i hope that gets better as well.

i have been watching like a mad man since i got the box set in the mail and now a month later i have one more episode to go. i am putting off the final episode until tomorrow and frankly i don't know what to do with myself when it is over. epic can not even give justice to the journey this series is. i will have withdrawals for quite a while without having another disc to pop into my dvd player. i don't even want to think about how it will all end. i took the route of not having any info on the seasons or what their about and just wanted to ride the boat and see what all the hype was, and with that said every idea i thought might happen in the next episode did not happen. so i hope i am not disappointed with the last episode. i just hope that the final episode gives justice to all of the hours that have preceded it. man what a series and what a job was done by everyone involved.

also, one last thing. some of you may know this and some might not. but the deacon fella that appears around cutty and mainly maj. colvin was one of the first heroin kingpins in baltimore. his name is little melvin williams. i had no idea the connection until the other day when i saw a documentary on him. probably, old news for most, but i thought it was interesting.

Indeed. I was honestly a bit depressed when I saw the final episode, don't know how many shows I can say that about.

also, one last thing. some of you may know this and some might not. but the deacon fella that appears around cutty and mainly maj. colvin was one of the first heroin kingpins in baltimore. his name is little melvin williams. i had no idea the connection until the other day when i saw a documentary on him. probably, old news for most, but i thought it was interesting.

.....The Wire.

Still dropping bombs on me.

just finished the series and milo i indeed am feeling a bit depressed at the moment. great ending to probably the best series i have ever watched. everything about it was great from the acting to the plot.

i guess now it is back to picking up oz. i watched the first 6 or 7 episodes and got side tracked with rome and then the wire. i just hope i can get into that series, although i can't honestly hold it up to the same standards of those two.

About 5 years ago I decided to give this show a try. I can't recall whether I made it through the first episode or not, but definitely never started the second. I just couldn't get into it.

But... After years and years of being told by literally dozens how great it is and how it's basically at the top of every "Greatest Show" list I've ever seen. I'm gonna give it a 2nd chance. I've decided that even if I'm not immediately sucked in that I'll give it the entire first season at a minimum.

About 5 years ago I decided to give this show a try. I can't recall whether I made it through the first episode or not, but definitely never started the second. I just couldn't get into it.

But... After years and years of being told by literally dozens how great it is and how it's basically at the top of every "Greatest Show" list I've ever seen. I'm gonna give it a 2nd chance. I've decided that even if I'm not immediately sucked in that I'll give it the entire first season at a minimum.

You won't be disappointed. There are so many characters and intersecting plot lines that the first several episodes are very much about character introduction and development. Once the team gets together, things pick up steam.

I'm the biggest fan this show has probably, and it took me like 5 or 6 episodes to get excited about it. Hang in there.

Don't build it up in your head as the "greatest of all time." Just give it a shot.

It's very good.

better than any cop show you'll find on cable tv.

I'm still going through it - on season 4 currently.

(you guys went digging for this thread!)

We are in the 5th season. Started watching it a few months ago. It is a good show, but I also think a bit over rated, imo. That's not saying that it isn't an excellent show, but greatest of all time? Not for me. McNulty to me and his, imo, poor drunk acting kind of gets on my nerve.

I think the point is they wanted you to feel conflicted about everyone. There is no hero. Just complicated characters. McNulty is a total jackass, I agree.

Omar is the best character.

I get that he is a jackass, I just thought as an actor, he didn't play a drunk very well. I like the show, just not GOAT in my book. For me, Breaking Bad was far superior.

I get that he is a jackass, I just thought as an actor, he didn't play a drunk very well. I like the show, just not GOAT in my book. For me, Breaking Bad was far superior.

Breaking Bad is definitely a bigger crowd pleaser.

I rate The Wire so highly because I think it's the most real show that's ever been on TV.

VN Store

Back