Status
Not open for further replies.

mattvols

Ocho-Stinko
Post what movies you've seen recently and what you though of them
Juno - 7/10
It was a pretty funny movie and it was original

Rescue Dawn - 6/10
Good, entertaining Vietnam film about guys escaping from a POW camp. It was good but nothing special

Charlie Wilsons War - 7/10
A good story telling movie about one congressman who helped make a big difference. I don't know the history on it but i've heard it is historically active.

The Devis Rejects - 5/10
Decent gore slasher but nothing special, not that I expected anything too deep from Rob Zombie as a writer and director

Halloween remake was decent, not great but decent. Eastern Promises is next on the list.

I saw Juno too, it was hilarious.

Charlie Wilson's War was a good movie. You have to take it for what it is - it isn't meant to be a political thriller or docudrama (as some reviews I read trashed it for not being) - it is meant to be a comedy with some political overtones, and at that, it was good.

National Treasure 2 was pretty lame in my opinion. I guess they are meant to be cheesy like the old Indiana Jones movies, but I just can't take that from Nicolas Cage. Plus, they didn't even take time to figure out the clues this time - they just knew it as soon as it popped up.

I Am Legend was pretty good. That's been discussed in another thread, and I agreed with the consensus there.

Let the bashing begin, but "Waitress" is a pretty good movie. The chick that wrote it and plays in it was murdered right before it was released. Very good and strange movie.

Devil's Rejects is a killer movie. How do you only give it 5/10? 8/10.

National Treasure 2 was pretty lame in my opinion. I guess they are meant to be cheesy like the old Indiana Jones movies, but I just can't take that from Nicolas Cage. Plus, they didn't even take time to figure out the clues this time - they just knew it as soon as it popped up.

Not to mention the plot made absolutely zero sense. I know these things by nature are far-fetched, but at least the first movie had some historical basis behind it. This film was a bunch of made-up BS. I personally thought it was awful. And yes, Nic Cage was awful.

I saw No Country for Old Men last month and give it two thumbs up. I think I am going to hold off on anymore movies until There Will Be Blood is out in theaters closer to me, it kinda sucks having to drive 45 minutes to see all of the limited release stuff.

I saw Rescue Dawn, I would give it a 8 of 10. It's based on a true story and is a great story. Unfortunately it could have been adapted better for the screen IMO.

Cloverfield looks to be good if you are into monster films. Cant wait for 310 to Yuma to be out on DVD next week

Watched "Children of Men" on HBO this weekend. Pretty good. I like Clive Owen and Michael Caine was great as usual.

Children of Men is one of the better sci-fi movies I have seen in a while.

I will take back what I said about waiting on movies. I will certainly be in line for Cloverfield.

Bridge to Terabithia: 8/10 I know, it's a Disney movie but something about it takes me back to when I was a kid. If you have young children you may not want them to watch, very sad ending.

Downfall: 8/10 It's about the last days of Hitler. If you're not into subtitles don't bother getting this

Death Sentence: 7/10 It's a great revenge movie.

Fast Food Nation: 6/10 Might make you think twice about getting a hamburger.

Saw IV: 4/10 This movie sucks.

Children of Men is one of the better sci-fi movies I have seen in a while.

I will take back what I said about waiting on movies. I will certainly be in line for Cloverfield.

Children of Men was too preachy for me, but maybe that's because I didn't agree with the message. I'm also looking foward to Cloverfield, but what the heck is that thing? I've heard everything from a lion to a big gator. :crazy:

Last movie I saw was in November. I saw "The Mist" & personally thought the novella by Stephen King was much better. I didn't care for the movie.

Currently watching "Riding Giants" on one of the HD movie channels.

Great surfing documentary.

Watched "Children of Men" on HBO this weekend. Pretty good. I like Clive Owen and Michael Caine was great as usual.
I thought that was a fantastic movie. All around... Honestly. I'd even say 10/10.

Speaking of Clive Owen, just saw Shoot 'Em Up, and that movie is absolutely ridiculous... And awesome. The action scenes are mind-blowing, and Owen just gets all sort of cheese-ball one liners that will drop your jaw lower every time. Great empty-minded action movie.

I thought that was a great one. My dad grew up in Redondo Beach in the 50's and 60's, and he thought it was extremely well-done and very accurate. All the guys in that movie were his childhood heroes.

most I've ever heard the word gnarly, but it was interesting. that's one heckuva a lot of water pounding down on those guys.

Once - outstanding. The soundtrack is just as good.

Oceans 13 - exactly what you expect. Fun to watch, pretty decent little ploy, clever banter amongst characters, extremely unrealistic.

Walk Hard was terrible imo. I begged my wife to go with me and then half way through I leaned over and asked her if she was ready to leave.

The cloverfield monster..........

cloverfield-monster-picture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back