HBO Max (Streaming Service)

CagleMtnVol

UPDATE: Title changed to HBO Max

So DC Entertainment & Warner Bros. has finally released the price package if its new digital streaming service DC Universe.

A subscription to the service will cost either $74.99 for a full year, or $7.99 month-to-month

DC Universe will be available on iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV, in addition to web and mobile web access with more to be added at a later date.

The announced broadcasting lineup includes the anticipated live action Titans which will launch the platform this fall along with the announced live action shows Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol and the animated series Young Justice: Outsiders and Harley Quinn which is expected to be more adult oriented coming in early 2019.

You will also be able to stream a number of WB & DC films & TV shows such as the original Christopher Reeve Superman films, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman series newly remaster in HD. Along with animated series like Batman: The Animated Series also remastered in HD among others.

Last edited:
Big Announcement during Comic-Con!

'Stargirl' Live-Action Drama From Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns Joins DC Universe Slate

Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti will exec produce the live-action series, which marks the sixth overall for DC Universe.

The forthcoming SVOD platform opened the confab with a first look at its scripted originals with Titans and on Thursday afternoon unveiled its sixth overall series: a live-action Stargirl.

Geoff Johns, who revealed the news during his spotlight panel, will write and executive produce the 13-episode scripted original series via his Mad Ghost Productions banner. The project hails from Warner Bros. Television and Greg Berlanti's studio-based Berlanti Productions, with Sarah Schechter also serving as an exec producer. The series will bow in 2019.

Stargirl follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore, who inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to stop the villains of the past. The show reimagines Stargirl and the very first superhero team, the Justice Society of America, in a fun, exciting and unpredictable series.

Johns and Lee Moder created the character, who was named after the former's sister, Courtney, who died in the 1996 explosion of TWA Flight 800. The character made her first appearance in July 1999's Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. #1.
In making the announcement, Johns addressed his recent departure as DC's chief creative offer and noted that he would have not been able to write such a deeply personal series if he were still in that executive role. "It’s so personal for me, and to create and run my show … this is the kind of opportunity that I couldn’t have had if I had stayed in that role," Johns said of the series, which he said would be a "PG-13 show."

"This is based on my sister. The character is fun and optimistic," he added of the series about a girl whose mom remarries and moves to a new town where she discovers that her step-father was a superhero a long time ago. Johns' sister passed away in an accident when he was younger.

"It's about bringing back the legacy of the Justice Society," he added, referring to DC's first superhero team from the comics first published in the 1940s.

All told, Stargirl is DC Universe's sixth overall series. The platform, which launches in August, previously announced live-action straight-to-series orders for Swamp Thing; Doom Patrol; Superman prequel Metropolis; Titans; and a pair of animated series from Warner Bros. Animation, Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders.

With Stargirl, Berlanti has padded his TV record to 15 live-action scripted series — all dramas. Of those, 10 are on broadcast: The CW's All American, Arrow, Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Riverdale and Supergirl; NBC's Blindspot; CBS' God Friended Me and The Red Line; plus one at Netflix, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina; Lifetime's You; and DC Universe's Titans and Doom Patrol. Berlanti also stands to add yet another DC superhero drama next season as The CW announced plans to bring Batwoman to the small screen with the prolific producer and writer Caroline Dries.

Johns also discussed his new writing projects, a new magic-focused Shazam! comic and a Batman story titled Three Jokers, among them.

Not sure what to think about "The Titans" trailer, but I will watch it. Excited about "Young Justice", tho. YJ and the JL toons are the best animated series ever, along with "Batman", imo. "Stargirl" sounds interesting. I love all things related to the JSA. Hoping SG has a lot of Starman, the Jack Knight version, in it. James Robinson's "Starman" series is one of my all-time favorite runs in comics.

Reactions: 1 person
Will there be a free trial? I'd rather watch some of these live actions before knowing if I want to subscribe

Netflix $11.99
Hulu $11.99 (no commercials)
DC $7.99
Disney ???
Sling/DirectNOW $25

This is adding up to a cable package.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Will there be a free trial? I'd rather watch some of these live actions before knowing if I want to subscribe

Idk, Rish, but it would be a smart move, imo. Btw, when I see u post after I post, it makes my tail wag. Will u please scratch me behind my ears and rub my belly ?

So DC Entertainment & Warner Bros. has finally released the price package if its new digital streaming service DC Universe.

A subscription to the service will cost either $74.99 for a full year, or $7.99 month-to-month

DC Universe will be available on iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV, in addition to web and mobile web access with more to be added at a later date.

The announced broadcasting lineup includes the anticipated live action Titans which will launch the platform this fall along with the announced live action shows Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol and the animated series Young Justice: Outsiders and Harley Quinn which is expected to be more adult oriented coming in early 2019.

You will also be able to stream a number of WB & DC films & TV shows such as the original Christopher Reeve Superman films, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman series newly remaster in HD. Along with animated series like Batman: The Animated Series also remastered in HD among others.

You can find the Superman, Batman movies, TVs, and cartoons all online for free.

Kisscartoon now kimcartoon has pretty much every cartoon ever made for free.

They will have to create enough new content to make it worth while.

The episode titles for the first season of Titans have been released.

Episode Titles revealed:

#1.1 - “Titans” - (Pilot)
#1.2 - “Hawk and Dove”
#1.3 - “Starfire”
#1.4 - “Rachel”
#1.5 - “The Doom Patrol”
#1.6 - “The Messenger”
#1.7 - “Jason Todd”
#1.8 - “Angela”
#1.9 - “Donna Troy”
#1.10 - “Hank and Dawn”
#1.11 - “Koriand’r”
#1.12 - “Dick Grayson”
#1.13 - “Raven” - (Season Finale)

I'm prob going to the movie this weekend. Besides Deadpool, it will be the only superhero movie I've seen in years.

TV show is great.

The preview where they keep calling Deathstroke Deadpool makes me laugh.

"Say something inappropriate." lol

Reactions: TrueOrange
The episode titles for the first season of Titans have been released.

Episode Titles revealed:

Wondergirl (Donna Troy) and Red Hood (Jason Todd), cool. Doom Patrol will be a spin-off and could be really good if done right. So could Titans, but after seeing the trailer, I'm afraid it won't be done right

So I'm gonna assume they won't use key Titan characters like Kid Flash, Speedy, or Cyborg since they're being used elsewhere.

So I'm gonna assume they won't use key Titan characters like Kid Flash, Speedy, or Cyborg since they're being used elsewhere.

They want us to forget Cyborg was a Titan so the retcon that he was always in the JL is complete.

Reactions: 1 person
Swamp Thing cast News!

"Ian Ziering has been cast in the upcoming DC Universe series Swamp Thing as Daniel Cassidy aka Blue Devil.

Ziering joins an already impressive cast...

Andy Bean
Derek Mears
Crystal Reed (Teen Wolf, Gotham)
Virginia Madsen (Designated Survivor)
Will Patton (Remember the Titans, Falling Skies)
Jennifer Beals

"

VN Store

Back