FYI: West Town Mall Theater Opens Today

DrRosenRosen

Staff member
Remodel is done. Opens this afternoon to the public. Arcade area, pool tables, dinner in the theaters, etc.

Unless they keep cops in that area all the time, I can see it getting run over with punk kids quickly and driving away business.

Reactions: 2 people
I've never been to a Cinebarre but I have a friend who lives in Indianapolis that went to the one up there... He says it's cool except the food isn't great. Having beer brought to you while sitting in a recliner sounds like the real deal though.

My next door neighbor just text me a pic of himself at the Cinebarre. He is watching The Purge. He has a glass of red wine and a box of movie popcorn. Says he has never felt so much like a Clampett in his life. What an odd mix of options for the same establishment.

Went to one in New Orleans and it was a pretty cool experience. Sure, things are more expensive but it's an experience. You won't want to see all your movies there.

Does anyone know if they accept the Regal Crown Club reward card though?

Unless they keep cops in that area all the time, I can see it getting run over with punk kids quickly and driving away business.

When I first moved to Knoxville in 1991 West Town was garbage and run over with literal punks.

We went to a similar concept in Hilton head except it was locally owned and operated. Beer and wine prices were reasonable.

I miss Terrace Tap House

Me 2. They used to show "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" on the weekends when I was in high school. First place to ever serve me drinks even tho I looked 13 when I was 17. Plus, we used to sneak in beer. Awesome place, I think the last movie I saw there was "Frequency" with Dennis Quaid. It may not have still been called TTP, then, but it was the same set-up

Went to one in New Orleans and it was a pretty cool experience. Sure, things are more expensive but it's an experience. You won't want to see all your movies there.

Does anyone know if they accept the Regal Crown Club reward card though?

They accept them.

I went Tuesday. Decent food. The mixed drinks were really good. Good to be able to sit and drink while watching a movie on the big screen.

I heard K town king is opening a black market theatre at east town. It’s called Flicks and Forties

They accept them.

I went Tuesday. Decent food. The mixed drinks were really good. Good to be able to sit and drink while watching a movie on the big screen.

Yeah, too bad u can't pause the movie when u have to take a leak

I heard K town king is opening a black market theatre at east town. It’s called Flicks and Forties

Maybe Blunts, Bourbon, and Bootlegs.

I drink bourbon, whiskey and wine not trash azz malt liquor. Come on now I have more class than that. :pimp_2:

Yeah, too bad u can't pause the movie when u have to take a leak

Yea it was cool to go once. We will stick to watching movies on the big screen at home. I can get pretty much any movie that comes out while still in the theaters and watch it on our big screen.

It was fun to try though. If I was just dating I would take dates there. My woman and I have been together long enough to say eff it lets be comfortable and save money.

Me and Mrs. saw MI: Fallout today. The 2:15 matinee cost us $23.56 for 2 tickets. (We sat down at 2:00, the actual movie started at 2:45.) It was kind of weird seeing waiters take food/ drink orders at your seat and the smell inside the theater was pretty stout. Fortunately the distractions settled down when the movie started. The theater does use real silverware, plates, napkins, and glasses and there is a "food tray" attached to your recliner. The food prices were about what you'd expect, $8 for all you can eat popcorn, $13 hamburgers, $4.50 for cokes, $10 for chicken wings, etc. The sound and screen quality were top notch. Regal is definitely providing an upscale experience, if you're willing to pay for it.

*The movie was really good 4 / 5.

VN Store

Back