Anime

UTK

Over the years I’ve seen a couple other people with avatars from anime and such on this site. Not many at all, but a couple. So I’m courious. Who all enjoys anime every now and then? I’m not as big into anime as I used to be, but slowly kinda getting back into. Anime and video games have always kinda been my two big “nerd” hobbies.

So let’s not be ashamed of ourselves, anyone wanna chat anime or get suggestions?

I’ve been watching My Hero Academia. It’s a pretty fun watch.

Reactions: k-town_king
I'll freely admit anime/manga/video games are my life lol. Can't get enough, adore it. Comedy/Romance (especially Yuri)/Slice-of-life stuff are my absolute favourites. I do enjoy some good action anime/manga as well, but I have to be in the right mood for it whereas I can always get into the others (romance/comedy being my top ones).

My Hero is on my (massive) list to watch, just have to make time for it lol. I have a thing where I don't like to watch/read something while it's ongoing, because I like to just binge things. So that prevents me from watching newer things at times.

Last edited:
I'll freely admit anime/manga/video games are my life lol. Can't get enough, adore it. Comedy/Romance (especially Yuri)/Slice-of-life stuff are my absolute favourites. I do enjoy some good action anime/manga as well, but I have to be in the right mood for it whereas I can always get into the others (romance/comedy being my top ones).

My Hero is on my (massive) list to watch, just have to make time for it lol. I have a thing where I don't like to watch/read something while it's ongoing, because I like to just binge things. So that prevents me from watching newer things at times.

I’ve been watching My Hero, one episode a week and it’s just keeps getting better and better. I used to bing anime a lot but lately I find pacing myself allows me to enjoy it more rather than binging the heck out of it like I used to. Lol

And.

Interesting. I watch all kinds of anime, honestly. So I can talk about most types sorta. Since you like Slice of Life and Comedy anime, I got a suggestion for you. Welcome to the NHK. Ever give that a watch? It’s not a very well known anime at all, and I am not even super into slice of life, drama type of anime. But I really loved NHK. Its literally about a guy who is a shut in. It’s just well written, it deals with super serious things like suicide, depression, being anti-social, ect ect but yet it’s also balanced out by some of the best comedy I’ve seen in anime.

My Hero is good. Been reading the manga and it only gets better from here. I like how it is inspired by American superhero comics. A good comedy going on right now is Hinamatsuri.

I’ve been watching My Hero, one episode a week and it’s just keeps getting better and better. I used to bing anime a lot but lately I find pacing myself allows me to enjoy it more rather than binging the heck out of it like I used to. Lol

And.

Interesting. I watch all kinds of anime, honestly. So I can talk about most types sorta. Since you like Slice of Life and Comedy anime, I got a suggestion for you. Welcome to the NHK. Ever give that a watch? It’s not a very well known anime at all, and I am not even super into slice of life, drama type of anime. But I really loved NHK. Its literally about a guy who is a shut in. It’s just well written, it deals with super serious things like suicide, depression, being anti-social, ect ect but yet it’s also balanced out by some of the best comedy I’ve seen in anime.
I have heard of that one but haven't been able to watch it yet, definitely one I'm planning on getting to ... eventually. Best sports anime I've ever watched is Cross Game if anyone likes a good sports series. Not going to lie, made me cry first episode :cray:. A good non-comedy focused slice-of-life/girl's club (Girl's club is a subgenre of slice-of-life that is ... what it says on the tin really, the cast is a group of girls ... these are my favourite slice-of-life series due to the yuri potential and me for some reason getting more invested in female characters :dunno:) series I adore is Yama no Susume (which is getting a third season soon AND has a spin-off show called Yurucamp). It's about these girls going mountain climbing together and it is amazing, the visuals are beautiful, the girls adorable together, hell it made me want to go mountain climbing and I have acrophobia! lol
My Hero is good. Been reading the manga and it only gets better from here. I like how it is inspired by American superhero comics. A good comedy going on right now is Hinamatsuri.
Just added that one to the list, sounds bloody hilarious lol :hi:. Incidentally, the FUNNIEST show I have ever seen is Seitokai Yakuindomo ... damn show had me laughing so much and so hard my ribs were actually killing me while watching it. Only show I couldn't binge due to hurting myself lol, had to take breaks! It is absolutely hilarious, especially if you have a dirty mind :naughty:. Other hilarious comedies that immediately come to mind are Nichijou (just random hilarity) and Sabagebu!. Oh, another really good slice-of-life series that actually shows how difficult it is in the anime/manga business is Bakuman. Good (non-yuri) romances that come to mind are Ore Monogarari!!, Nazo no Kanojo X, ,Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, and the best non-yuri MANGA romance I've read: Bonnouji. Incidentally, if anyone wants some good yuri suggestions I can deliver a metric crap-tonne of those lol. I think I'll stop here for now as I've rambled long enough haha. :compute:

Last edited:
If you like nichijou (classic btw) then you'll like pop team epic if you haven't already seen it.

I'm not too into anime in general, but I really enjoy My Hero Academia, Sword Art Online (which has a 3rd season coming soon) and RWBY.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
I hate prejudice, but people that like anime ought to be sterilized and separated from the rest of society. That is the biggest bunch of creepy, loser, nerd ****.

Reactions: 2 people
I hate prejudice, but people that like anime ought to be sterilized and separated from the rest of society. That is the biggest bunch of creepy, loser, nerd ****.

you-like-to-see-homos-naked-thats-cool.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
If you like nichijou (classic btw) then you'll like pop team epic if you haven't already seen it.

Another one on the list lol. The 40 page long list ... :cray:

But you think that's bad ... my watched/read list is just over 200 pages :zeitung_lesen:

Your finest moment as a member of this site.

Reactions: 2 people
I don’t know about sterilized, wouldn’t mind being separated from simple minded bigots though.
I doubt my views on fans of anime would register on the bigotry scale. I’ll give you credit for doubling down on your dorkdom.

At the end of the day this is a sports forum. Wearing an anime t-shirt into a sports bar would get some odd looks. Might get you thumped in some of the tougher joints.

I might get called an idiot or a wuss, but I recommend Your Lie In April. It hit me in the feels lol. Watched the series twice actually.

I might get called an idiot or a wuss, but I recommend Your Lie In April. It hit me in the feels lol. Watched the series twice actually.

Hah, I can't handle stuff like that. Tears me up inside. I have to have my happy endings lol. Anohana was about the death of me :cray:

Clannad and especially Clannad After Story are gut wrenching too.

On a lighter note there are a few that I’m a big fan of that you can literally google and watch. I think they are 45 minutes and a little over an hour.

5 Centimeters per Second, Garden of Words.

Clannad and especially Clannad After Story are gut wrenching too.

On a lighter note there are a few that I’m a big fan of that you can literally google and watch. I think they are 45 minutes and a little over an hour.

5 Centimeters per Second, Garden of Words.

5 Centimeters per Second is beautiful.

Ive only seen: Akira, Fist of the Northstar, Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell. Color me disappointed when I saw the live action Ghost in the Shell :/

VN Store

Back