Want a scary good time?

Manning Up

Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Saw Hereditary this afternoon. Been wanting to see it after reading the reviews following the Cannes Film Festival. The best horror is psychological horror and this film brings it. The sense of dread that this movie has is palpable.

Toni Collette is stunning as the Annie Graham character.

Hereditary has a 93% freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

I'm interested, but I read a lot of reviews last night that said it was disappointing, especially the ending.

People are either going to love the final twenty minutes or hate it. I didn’t mind where they went with the story.

I thought it was one of the more unsettling horror movies I’ve seen recently. Plus I enjoy films in that genre that don’t rely on jump scares or a thin story line.

Last edited:
Saw Hereditary this afternoon. Been wanting to see it after reading the reviews following the Cannes Film Festival. The best horror is psychological horror and this film brings it. The sense of dread that this movie has is palpable.

Toni Collette is stunning as the Annie Graham character.

Hereditary has a 93% freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

I thought it sucked. Sorry but I felt like the movie was trying too hard to be high brow horror by being such a slow burn and chock full of symbolism, but in the end I just didnt find it scary at all and quite boring. The movie had a couple of disturbing scenes, but the pay off at the end was a huge letdown.

I thought it sucked. Sorry but I felt like the movie was trying too hard to be high brow horror by being such a slow burn and chock full of symbolism, but in the end I just didnt find it scary at all and quite boring. The movie had a couple of disturbing scenes, but the pay off at the end was a huge letdown.
Sums up what my crew said afterwards

VN Store

Back