Bonnaroo 2018

Thunder Good-Oil

Anybody going (or been)? Starts day after tomorrow. It's on my bucket list, but I have a hard time tolerating the temperature in early June. The lineup this year doesn't do much for me either.

Has anybody gone on a 1-day pass with the Nashville shuttle?

I put this in the Pub since it's an event... more than just music.

Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival – Manchester, TN | June 7-10, 2018

Reactions: 1 person
Anybody going (or been)? Starts day after tomorrow. It's on my bucket list, but I have a hard time tolerating the temperature in early June. The lineup this year doesn't do much for me either.

Has anybody gone on a 1-day pass with the Nashville shuttle?

I put this in the Pub since it's an event... more than just music.

Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival – Manchester, TN | June 7-10, 2018

Well that didn't take long. RIP "Bonnaroo 2018" in the Movies and Music Forum.

Peak temps around 90... little chance of rain until Sunday. Overnight lows not too bad for those camping.

I'd really like to check it out sometime, but I prefer temps in the 40s and 50s over anything above the middle 80s.

Love Sturgill, Alt-J, Old Crow but I'd rather see them play a full length gig. Festival sets usually suck.

Its hard for me to imagine something more miserable than standing in a field in the middle of summer with a bunch of stinky people taking shrooms.

Seems like you’d have to REALLY love music to do this. Or drugs.

Its hard for me to imagine something more miserable than standing in a field in the middle of summer with a bunch of stinky people taking shrooms.

Seems like you’d have to REALLY love music to do this. Or drugs.

Trust me, I like both and still skip B-roo every year.

Peak temps around 90... little chance of rain until Sunday. Overnight lows not too bad for those camping.

I'd really like to check it out sometime, but I prefer temps in the 40s and 50s over anything above the middle 80s.

I haven't been since 2008, but there are a few good ways to beat the heat. Wear something you can get wet in and plan to go by the mushroom fountain between shows and get soaked (you'll be dry before the next show ends). Smoking a bowl helps more than you would believe, and most people don't mind if you join their circle (we invited anyone who asked, commented, or cast a longing look in our direction). I don't know if they'll let you in Centeroo (where the shows are) with them, but the water bottles with the mister built in would also help a lot.

Also, bring a light colored tarp to put over your tent or it'll be too hot to sleep by 7am.

It’s amazing to me that more people don’t end up dead after this event. Why not move it to May or April and avoid the heat? My guess, bad publicity is better than no pub

That's not enough of a lineup to justify the inordinate hassle, heat, and expense of another trip for me. I love Sturgill, Childers, OCMS, and Bon Iver. Other than those 4, there are a handful of acts I wouldn't mind seeing, but that's about it. Eminem, Killers, and Muse headlining???

The year I went, we saw Widespread, Dave, Phish/Trey, Jack Johnson, Allman Bros, Alison Krauss, the Truckers, Black Crowes,... We were very thankful for our RV, as the campers looked/smelled very hot and very tired!

Would like to see The Muse but not at a festival

Honestly the only festival I would even consider going to would be like last month's Rock on the Range, that had several bands playing that I liked. I would never go to a big festival for just one band, even if they were headlining.

Plus as I get older, making it through one whole concert with 2-3 acts is a bit much.

Honestly the only festival I would even consider going to would be like last month's Rock on the Range, that had several bands playing that I liked. I would never go to a big festival for just one band, even if they were headlining.

Plus as I get older, making it through one whole concert with 2-3 acts is a bit much.

I would like to go to Sasquatch once just for the venue.

VN Store

Back