Favorite song by a particular band/artist?

Quaint88

The way I picture this thread working is that someone names a band or artist and we tell what our favorite song is by that band (or songs if you really can't decide), and optionally tell what makes you like it so much. If you don't like the band or haven't heard them (or heard of them), then mention another band and tell your favorite song.

Discussion beyond favorite songs is welcome, and it's never too late to share your favorite song for a band that was brought up earlier.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll start with The Beatles.

My favorite song by them is "Dear Prudence". I love that the dynamics build up slowly just by the way the song is structured, and the lead guitar work at the climax.

Reactions: 2 people
Rocky Raccoon is my favorite beatles song because it goes against the grain of their music.

If I really like a band, it's kind of rare for me to have a favorite song because I just change my mind so much about what I'm vibing with. I don't have a favorite Beatles song, but if I had to pick one today, I guess I'd say A Day in the Life.

Best Beatles song hands down, Happy Birthday.

I like a band Dying Fetus. My favorite song is Subjected to a Beating.

Some of my favorite bands favorite songs:

My Morning Jacket: Wordless Chorus
Bob Dylan: Tangled Up In Blue
Sturgill Simpson: Turtles all the way down
Portugal the Man: The Home
White Stripes: 300 mph Torrential Outpour Blues
Led Zep: Tangerine
Black Keys: 10 cent Pistol

For Led Zeppelin, my favorite song is Good Times, Bad Times. It was the first Zeppelin song that I heard and is still my favorite.

I'll start with The Beatles.

My favorite song by them is "Dear Prudence". I love that the dynamics build up slowly just by the way the song is structured, and the lead guitar work at the climax.

A Day in the Life is mine. Its just perfect

Last edited:
Pink Floyd - everything they did was my favorite. But if I had to pick one it would be Brain Damage

Dark Side of the Moon is best Album ever

Favorite bands, and my favorite songs of theirs

Colter wall- Kate Mcannon (great murder ballad)

Cody jinks- grey (great song about just rediscovering your self. Jinks is just so down to earth and relatable.)

Blackberry smoke- best seat in the house (saying that we all have our day, and that one day maybe you will have the best seat in the “house” meaning life )

Ward Davis- unfair weather friend (song about that friend who is there through everything. He’s also just a down to earth guy.)

Pink Floyd - everything they did was my favorite. But if I had to pick one it would be Brain Damage

Dark Side of the Moon is best Album ever

I prefer Animals myself but dark Side is a masterpiece no doubt.

My favorite Pink Floyd song is Sheep. I love the way the vocals are smoothly cross-faded into the keyboard part, and the guitar part on the last phase gets stuck in my head every time.

My favorite Velvet Underground song is Sister Ray. Reputedly, the producer walked out in middle of the recording because he couldn't get a volume contest between the organ and guitar under control. I think the organ won. It's quite distorted by the end.

I'm not a big fan of My Morning Jacket. I don't like some of the styles they mix in. My favorite song by them is "Off The Record". I have fond memories of seeing them play it at Bonnarroo in the pouring rain.

Weezer is the first concert I ever went to (13 years old at Knoxville ampitheater). I grew up with this band moreso than any other. For 23 years, enduring 12 or so albums, this has always been my favorite song

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4spkVX8z-vs[/youtube]

Weezer is the first concert I ever went to (13 years old at Knoxville ampitheater). I grew up with this band moreso than any other. For 23 years, enduring 12 or so albums, this has always been my favorite song

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4spkVX8z-vs[/youtube]

That's a good one. I think my favorite is "The World Has Turned And Left Me Here".

I had a chance to go to that concert. My friend had a ticket for me and his parents were going along, but my dad wouldn't let me go because it was church night. It still annoys me every time I think about it.

Favorite Zep song is Hey, Hey, What Can I Do. My Dad took me to a few record shows when I was a kid so I could look for an original pressing of The Immigrant Song single.

I would not let Hootie ruin that song for me.

Favorite Pink Floyd song is Interstellar Overdrive, particularly this version.

R-551478-1134515664.jpeg.jpg

Nobody has done 90’s bands yet.

Third Eye Blind: Jumper
Gin Blossoms: Found Out About You
Hootie and the Blowfish: Time
Goo Goo Dolls: Black Balloon
Sublime: What I Got
Barenaked Ladies: Testing 1..2..3

Last edited:
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name
KISS - Black Diamond
Journey - Stone In Love
Metallica - Fade To Black
Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand
Black Sabbath - Snow Blind
AC/DC - For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)
Boston - Don't Look Back
Thin Lizzy - The Cowboy Song
U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Who - Behind Blue Eyes (also Baba O'Reilly)
MC5 - Motor City's Burning
Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (also Have A Cigar)
Van Halen - Ain't Talkin' Bought Love
Heart - Barracuda
Ted Nugent - Stranglehold
Guns N Roses - Civil War
Def Leppard - Foolin'
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
Alice Cooper - Ballad of Dwight Fry

Freebird- Skynyrd

It's a very popular song, but you can't hold that against it. That solo at the end is second to none

VN Store

Back