Magnum P.I. (NBC)

CagleMtnVol

Magnum Reboot at CBS is a Go!

The Magnum P.I. reboot has officially been picked up to series at CBS.

The new series currently has Jay Hernandez (Bad Moms, Suicide Squad) set to star as title character Thomas Magnum.

CBS has turned to Peter Lenkov to bring the beloved show back. Lenkov has had success at the eye in bringing other classic shows back at CBS with a modern feel with another Hawaii based series Hawaii Five-0 entering its 9th season and MacGyver has been picked up for its 3rd season..

Last edited:
I really enjoy Five-O and think the new characters they brought in this season helped breath new life into the show.

MacGyver is fun but so for it hasn't hit its stride. However the addition of Meredith Eaton as "Matty" Webber the new boss of the Phoenix Foundation has helped the show.

I think it will help Magnum overall if they have some sort of interaction with the Five-O cast especially in a early episode of the series.

Hmm, the lead is a decent actor, but he doesn’t seem like the type that can pull of the Selleck machismo.

I really enjoy Five-O and think the new characters they brought in this season helped breath new life into the show.

MacGyver is fun but so for it hasn't hit its stride. However the addition of Meredith Eaton as "Matty" Webber the new boss of the Phoenix Foundation has helped the show.

I think it will help Magnum overall if they have some sort of interaction with the Five-O cast especially in a early episode of the series.

Five -0 is very well done, and one of my favorites. I hope this is as good.

First pic released! Magnum without a Hawaiian shirt is not a good look.

magnum-pi-jay-hernandez-cbs.jpg

I'm kinda hoping they recast the character with someone else as I'm not digging his look. Since NBC cancelled The Brave and he's free I think Mike Vogel would be a good choice.

In the synopsis it says he is a former Navy SEAL who served in Afghanistan. I got to wonder if served with Navy Commander Steve McGarrett?

Last edited:
First pic released! Magnum without a Hawaiian shirt is not a good look.

magnum-pi-jay-hernandez-cbs.jpg

I'm kinda hoping they recast the character with someone else as I'm not digging his look. Since NBC cancelled The Brave and he's free I think Mike Vogel would be a good choice.

In the synopsis it says he is a former Navy SEAL who served in Afghanistan. I got to wonder if served with Navy Commander Steve McGarrett?

Promising set up for a crossover.

Reactions: 1 person
I wasn’t sure what to think about a hot Higgins but i think I’ll quickly get over it.

This looks really good.

Last edited:
I was not expecting that at all. This show has “hit” written all over it.

VN Store

Back