Avengers Infinity War: SPOILER Thread

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
So after I went to Avengers Infinity War (which I really enjoyed) I was then disappointed I have to wait another year for the second part and there is so much on my mind.

So, like we did with Star Wars, I think with such a long wait for the second part and how many people will see this movie we will have a thread where we can discuss Infinity War without having to worry about spoiler tags. So heads up if you don’t want to see spoilers ignore this thread

I also will create another post or two to give some room.

I loved Thanos and his character. I thought they did a great job with him.

Also I’m not liking where they are going with Mark Ruffalo and Hulk. Was my most disappointing character

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going Saturday, probably won't read much in here until then. I am very giddy about watching it, and expecting some heart break.

Also I’m not liking where they are going with Mark Ruffalo and Hulk. Was my most disappointing character

Agreed on it seeming out of place here. I guess the next Avenger title will be "How Hulk got his groove back".

Went into this thinking it was a standalone (not just a part 1, to be continued next year). My mind was blown by all of the death.

Agreed on it seeming out of place here. I guess the next Avenger title will be "How Hulk got his groove back".

Like I don’t need emotional Mark Ruffalo with performance anxiety I want Hulk to smash and smash a lot

Reactions: 3 people
Went into this thinking it was a standalone (not just a part 1, to be continued next year). My mind was blown by all of the death.

It was a eerily silent moment and even though we know they won’t die it was definitely impactful. I loved the Spider-Man/Ironman exchange at the end

It was a eerily silent moment and even though we know they won’t die it was definitely impactful. I loved the Spider-Man/Ironman exchange at the end

That part brought a tear to my eye. That would be obviously horrifying for everyone, but to see/hear it through a scared kid, so heartbreaking.

Gamora’s death was rough too. Was not remotely expecting that (going in). Though as sad as it was, and so heartbreaking for Quill, at the same time, I hope they’ll keep her dead (as with Loki).

That part brought a tear to my eye. That would be obviously horrifying for everyone, but to see/hear it through a scared kid, so heartbreaking.

Gamora’s death was rough too. Was not remotely expecting that (going in). Though as sad as it was, and so heartbreaking for Quill, at the same time, I hope they’ll keep her dead (as with Loki).

I would be shocked if Gamora is actually dead. We saw her with the soul stone at the end. I loved the soul stone scene. Thought it was really good. Also showed something from Thanos I didn’t expect

For me

The good - I loved the nowhere scene . Best scene in the whole movie

The bad - Thanos dieing seconds after getting the last stone

The ugly - what was going on with Hulk and The Gaurdians was wasted

I would be shocked if Gamora is actually dead. We saw her with the soul stone at the end. I loved the soul stone scene. Thought it was really good. Also showed something from Thanos I didn’t expect

I wouldn’t be shocked if they brought her back either, but I’d prefer if they didn’t go that route.

Until I found out there is a planned Second Act to this... I thought they had just killed off half the universe.

Well not dieing but retreating

This was actually part of what made me love Thanos as a character.
He had a belief that he was so bought into (and that he believed would actually save the world from itself) it ended up consuming him. When he clicked his fingers and achieved his goal, he realized that he had just sacrificed everything. He says exactly that to Gamora. When he "came to" back in Wakanda, he left a broken man/titan. He was not celebrating any "victory". Thanos had done what he had set out to do, but at a huge cost that even he felt. Not only had he lost everything that he loved and cared about, but his sense of purpose as well (which I think will make him vulnerable in the next movie).

For me, Thanos is the antagonist that I wish Kylo Ren had been.

That was brutal, especially since I wore my Spiderman shirt, that crap hurt right there.

I feel like this movie really delivered. They did a good job giving almost every character (except Hawkeye 😢) some quality moments. There is so much to unpack here.

I will say the ending wasn’t as shocking to me since I knew there is a part 2 that is already done filming. Plus I knew Thanos “wins” briefly in the Infinity Gauntlet story. I figured this would have a “Empire Strikes Back” type ending with Thanos winning.

Aside from some of the deaths the biggest shock moment for me was Red Skull randomly showing up.

Thor was a total baddass in this movie. The twist on the guy from GoT playing a Giant was great! Stormbreaker was actually Beta Ray Bill’s hammer so that was a nice nod.

Regarding Hulk, I think the Hulk got his but whipped by Thanos in the very start and is pouting like a child. Had to smile at Loki saying “We have a Hulk”. Marvel totally trolled us with that scene in the trailer where Cap, BP, ect we’re running forward in slow mow and Hulk was right there with them. My guess is next movie we are going to see a Banner-Hulk where Bruce’s mind has control over Hulk’s body.

It will be interesting to see if Ant-Man takes place after half the world’s population was wiped out. Or if they do a very Comic Booky thing and say it takes place just before.

I really liked the movie overall but I felt like the last scene sort of undermined the rest of what happened. I like that Thanos won right now, but it seems apparent that no one who died is going to stay dead so it took the weight of it away for me. It seems like they are going to bring everyone back and then have a couple permanent deaths in the next one, which I was kind of thinking would happen throughout this movie. I still really liked it, I just have a feeling the first 15 minutes of the next movie is going to undo the last 15 of this one.

I feel like this movie really delivered. They did a good job giving almost every character (except Hawkeye 😢) some quality moments. There is so much to unpack here.

I will say the ending wasn’t as shocking to me since I knew there is a part 2 that is already done filming. Plus I knew Thanos “wins” briefly in the Infinity Gauntlet story. I figured this would have a “Empire Strikes Back” type ending with Thanos winning.

Aside from some of the deaths the biggest shock moment for me was Red Skull randomly showing up.

Thor was a total baddass in this movie. The twist on the guy from GoT playing a Giant was great! Stormbreaker was actually Beta Ray Bill’s hammer so that was a nice nod.

Regarding Hulk, I think the Hulk got his but whipped by Thanos in the very start and is pouting like a child. Had to smile at Loki saying “We have a Hulk”. Marvel totally trolled us with that scene in the trailer where Cap, BP, ect we’re running forward in slow mow and Hulk was right there with them. My guess is next movie we are going to see a Banner-Hulk where Bruce’s mind has control over Hulk’s body.

It will be interesting to see if Ant-Man takes place after half the world’s population was wiped out. Or if they do a very Comic Booky thing and say it takes place just before.

Watch. You are gonna be sad when Hawkeye is in the next one and watches his family turn to dust and that is how he gets back in the game.

According to Marvel Studio's President Kevin Feige the events of Ant-Man and The Wasp take place before the events of Infinity War.

Watch. You are gonna be sad when Hawkeye is in the next one and watches his family turn to dust and that is how he gets back in the game.

Based on some set photos it looks like Hawkeye will be using the Ronin persona the next time we see him.

VN Store

Back