The Americans

jakez4ut

Patience... It's what's for dinner
searched for a thread, didn't find one, kinda surprised...excellent show, final season.....hate to see it go, and this season has gotten off to a pretty good start....

Reactions: 1 person
Best show on TV IMO. The first five minutes of the this seasons first episode where there was no dialogue was amazing, just the music montage. Awesome season so far.

Best show on TV IMO. The first five minutes of the this seasons first episode where there was no dialogue was amazing, just the music montage. Awesome season so far.

foreshadowing at it's best.........agreed.

this is definitely one of my favorite shows ever. really excited to see how they wrap this thing up, and at the same time, hate to see it go.

the only thing i feel confident in, this thing isn't going to end well for our resident KGB undercover agents.

I just started this. Fantastic show. Now I got to wait for my wife to watch season 1 before we can keep going.

I just started this. Fantastic show. Now I got to wait for my wife to watch season 1 before we can keep going.

this would probably be a good one to binge. some season have lots of moving parts, and watching it week to to week, you have a lot of "oh yeah" type moments...lol.

and this is one of the 2 or 3 shows me and my wife watch together as well.....no sneaking off and watching it on demand, or else...........lol.

this would probably be a good one to binge. some season have lots of moving parts, and watching it week to to week, you have a lot of "oh yeah" type moments...lol.

and this is one of the 2 or 3 shows me and my wife watch together as well.....no sneaking off and watching it on demand, or else...........lol.

wife and I tend to binge alot together and there are some that she knows I wont like so she'll watch by herself. I watched Alpha House by myself and I liked it but I knew it wouldnt be for her. Then I started Americans and really enjoyed season 1. She came in and saw me watching and asked how I liked it. I told her it was fantastic and she then wanted me to stop and let her catch up. Nope, I was too into it so I said I'd stop at the end of season 1. Now I gotta wait to watch S2 even with the great cliff hanger at the end. I might go ahead and sneak a couple of S2 in but not tell her.

Lol. I was like “Honey, I cheated on you. I watched the Americans without you. I’m very sorry.”

It’s always been difficult to kind of root for Elizabeth and Phillip because they are KGB, but I did because they were a family raising kids. Now I’m starting to really dislike Elizabeth and her methods and really want Phillip to succeed in the story. I have a feeling someone important to the show will die soon.

It’s always been difficult to kind of root for Elizabeth and Phillip because they are KGB, but I did because they were a family raising kids. Now I’m starting to really dislike Elizabeth and her methods and really want Phillip to succeed in the story. I have a feeling someone important to the show will die soon.

well that's the dynamic they wanted when they created the show, which is why it was so intriguing.

and they set the stage pretty early on with Phillip. From the beginning, he's had 'questions' about their overall purpose, and has always had getting out in the back of his mind. Elizabeth, for all her loyalty and supposed strength, she's fairly weak minded, and is now incapable of thinking things thru. she's blind. and that was made evident in how she dealt with Paige last week.

i'm torn on how i think it ends for those two.

i think you're right on someone getting killed soon. thinking Oleg may be the first to go...dunno tho.

One thing the show is now emphasizing is that the Soviets took the SDI program more seriously than the American people did at the time. The American media derisively nicknamed it "Star Wars" and it was mostly a joke among everyone else. The Soviets saw it as a legitimate threat and wanted it ceased.

well that's the dynamic they wanted when they created the show, which is why it was so intriguing.

and they set the stage pretty early on with Phillip. From the beginning, he's had 'questions' about their overall purpose, and has always had getting out in the back of his mind. Elizabeth, for all her loyalty and supposed strength, she's fairly weak minded, and is now incapable of thinking things thru. she's blind. and that was made evident in how she dealt with Paige last week.

i'm torn on how i think it ends for those two.

i think you're right on someone getting killed soon. thinking Oleg may be the first to go...dunno tho.

I agree that that has always been the dynamic between Elizabeth and Phillip, now it seems a Line has been crossed that cannot be undone. The rest of the season should be outstanding. Also interested to see where things go with Stan and his girlfriend. They keep hinting and inching along the storyline of what people have suspected about her.

man, they are setting this thing up for one tense season. all the main characters are being pushed in a direction that should, and hopefully will, have a pretty volatile result....

man, they are setting this thing up for one tense season. all the main characters are being pushed in a direction that should, and hopefully will, have a pretty volatile result....

Paige and her mom die. Phillip becomes a professional Country line dancer.

Seems that Paige might be starting to see her Dad as weak for not “being able to handle the job” anymore.

Seems that Paige might be starting to see her Dad as weak for not “being able to handle the job” anymore.

I think she maybe got over that real quick in her apartment.

Sort of related, does anyone think we get a Pastor Phil siting ?

Dunno. Not too relevant in the story at this point.

True, but he knows secrets . If Paige starts going down a path she doesn’t seem comfortable with she could reach out to him or something. I dunno. I figured if they hadn’t killed him off yet he could make an appearance.

I think she maybe got over that real quick in her apartment.

Sort of related, does anyone think we get a Pastor Phil siting ?

Think that was dad’s intent? After that smart ass “what Mom and me do”? :)

VN Store

Back