The Meg. 2018

chatsworth_vol

Interesting movie coming this summer based off the Steve Alten Meg series.

[Youtube]http://youtu.be/GBscAD6RjVk[/YouTube]

Last edited:
Come on now! Who thought the thread title could have been about Meg from the Family Guy?

It looks incredibly stupid, yet I want to watch it. I’m conflicted.

And I definitely thought it was going to be about Family Guy.

The book series it's based off of is pretty good. I think it's up to 6 books now, the first 3 are real good, the last couple are ok, but bordering on the REALLY far fetched. This movie has been off and on for about 10-15 years, bouncing between different companies.

The book series it's based off of is pretty good. I think it's up to 6 books now, the first 3 are real good, the last couple are ok, but bordering on the REALLY far fetched. This movie has been off and on for about 10-15 years, bouncing between different companies.

I read the first 3 and that's it...sounds like I may have gotten lucky not going further.

The 4th one I think is "Hell's Aquarium". It's not bad, and has some pretty good stuff in it, but there are a few places where it goes from "not real, but close enough that you can imagine it" to "wtf, that makes no sense". The follow on book goes even further into wtf land with part of it. It's almost like 2 different people are writing it. He's got the next book coming out in a couple months, I'm gonna give it a shot before I completely bail on the author.

It has the most advantages of any creature feature megaldon shark movie including a high budget which is why the shark looks terrific and won't be reusing the same footage, great talented actors including Jason Statham.

I will be seeing this movie that could be a great movie, and Statham's may have the 1 liners same as 80s and 90s action movies.

It was funny shark week gets brought up in this movie.

Saw this yesterday with my son. He loved it, and I have to say I was entertained. Plenty of stuff was wtf or stretched the imagination a little far, but it is what it was always intended to be. A summer action flic that you can just grab a coke, a bucket of popcorn, and sit back with some friends or family and enjoy people getting eaten.

They did really really go away from the book with the movie. Other than the names, there is a giant shark, and it's in the water there is really not much in common between the book and the movie. That said I think the movie does well on it's own.

VN Store

Back