Westworld season 2

bigdaddy

The Bull3tspung
Staff member
I’ll dig up ththe old thread but until then figured I would get this one started. I don’t think it can live up to the first season but it does look pretty outstanding. I just finished a rewatch of season one to freshen up. April 22 we start the new one. I’ll be watching this one live for sure.

Looking forward to this! Season 1 was good stuff

Will be interesting to see what direction they go in for season 2; given that setup demands it to be vastly different from season 1.

Will be interesting to see what direction they go in for season 2; given that setup demands it to be vastly different from season 1.

Trailers make it look like the hosts have taken over and they are looking to expand out of WW.

Thoughts on the premier?

I feel like it just set the stage for the season but didn’t exactly blow me away. Then again the show is a lot to take in so I may watch a second time.

Good episode to set the stage like you said. I didn’t have time to rewatch season 1 and felt this epsiode did a good job of easing you back in to everyone’s story line.

Reading the fan theories is almost as much fun as the show!

Theories spoiled the twist of MIB for me in season one. Not sure I would have picked up on that if it wasn’t presented to me first.

Same here. Once I read the fan theories it became obvious. That would have been a great twist if I hadn’t seen it coming

agreed and it was, i don't read any of that stuff for that reason.

the show is really good, but it was all over the place and had a lot going on (done on purpose obviously), and when you got to those last couple episodes and it became clear about the MIB, i was like "totally worth it". it made the show for me, because everything now made sense. i'd of hated to know that before hand.....

It took me a few minutes to recognize Gustaf Skarsgard without all his Floki Vikings get up on.

There are like 30 Skarsgards and none of them look remotely alike.

I think that family was created in a lab.

I swear.

His older brother and younger brother both still have their hair and the older one looks younger than him. And his younger brother is a beanpole.

I've decided I'm not going to follow the theories. I would also have liked to have not been informed of the MIB being William.

Reactions: 1 person
This episode certainly answered some of my questions. The first two seem to be setting up what should be an eventful season.

Theories spoiled the twist of MIB for me in season one. Not sure I would have picked up on that if it wasn’t presented to me first.

hahahaha at first I read this and thought Men in Black wasnt a very complicated movie... but you were addressing the Man in black.. carry on.

finishing up the 1st episode of season 2. so it going to be robots against humans now?

Damn. inwas hoping they would conclude it this season. This is one dense show. I do love the show but, not sure how far they can take it - were anticipating 'beyond the hidden valley'.

(Spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen at least through Season 2 Episode 1)
I'm thinking that Bernard "killed" all the known hosts and transferred their consciousnesses into newly built, unknown host bodies. Of course, then they can return to them at any point if they're not destroyed (seems unlikely), or build new copies from the same designs. I think that this season will involve infiltrating human society largely undetected (with enough suspicion/being found out by a few humans to keep things interesting), with next season being the epic battle for the survival of humanity. Just a guess though.

VN Store

Back