Deadwood

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Can't believe I'm so late to this show but watching it on Amazon and I'm hooked! Great Western and it's got Timmy Oliphant from Justified so it's gotta be awesome!

Al Swearengen/Ian McShane delivering epic Shakespearean style monolougues while receiving headers...classic. 😁

I have to ask, what was the point of this? Basically 2 hours of nothing.

Writer app got into some kind of kerfuffle with HBO, cancelled show. Has alzheimers now.

App was last hurrah. Sad. Org idea, just too slow for my taste. I liked Thin Red Line & Bridge Over River Kwai. Hell, even liked Akira Kurosawa's Western's in favor of Americanized versions.

There's slow, then there's pure drudgery. How is it that one of the most rough and tumble towns in West developed the linguistic aptitude of an oxford fellow? Sometimes i just want the man in black to walk in and clean house.

S
Writer app got into some kind of kerfuffle with HBO, cancelled show. Has alzheimers now.

App was last hurrah. Sad. Org idea, I just have bad taste. I liked Thin Red Line & Bridge Over River Kwai. Hell, even liked Akira Kurosawa's Western's in favor of Americanized versions.

There's slow, then there's pure drudgery. How is it that one of the most rough and tumble towns in West developed the linguistic aptitude of an oxford fellow? Sometimes i just want the man in black to walk in and clean house.

SMH..Deadwood ain't for everybody, but the things you knock are precisely why the show is loved by it's fans.

Understand.

Starting S2. Will keep an open mind.
Ian McShane giving a Hamlet like monologue while getting a header from a chunky hooker is something you just don't get very often...

If you don't like it by now, you might as well quit wasting your time. The show is what it is, like I said..those of us that love it, do so precisely because of the things you said you did not like.

Reactions: Godfatha
Ian McShane giving a Hamlet like monologue while getting a header from a chunky hooker is something you just don't get very often...

If you don't like it by now, you might as well quit wasting your time. The show is what it is, like I said..those of us that love it, do so precisely because of the things you said you did not like.
The dialogue is the best thing about the series. I can understand why some might not like it as it does take a little bit of time to adjust to it.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I still haven't watched the movie, my wife is trying to get caught up on the show so we can watch together. I thought it was interesting that she got hooked after the episode where all the top dogs in camp convene to figure out what to do about the smallpox outbreak (I believe episode 5). It's such a uniquely enjoyable, slow burn.

The movie was somewhat disappointing imo. 2 hours is just not enough time to tie up everything that happened in the show. It's a shame the show was canceled so abruptly

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back