Yay! More Star Wars movies

Grey_pilgrim

Volnations resident crotch flea
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss of Game of Thrones are going to write and produce a new Star Wars series. This is apparently totally separate from the Rian Johnson series that’s already been announced. While I’m kinda excited to see what they do and new Star Wars content, I’m really starting to worry about oversaturating and causing the originals to loss some of their magic.

Access Denied

david benioff and d.b. Weiss of game of thrones are going to write and produce a new star wars series. This is apparently totally separate from the rian johnson series that’s already been announced. While i’m kinda excited to see what they do and new star wars content, i’m really starting to worry about oversaturating and causing the originals to loss some of their magic.

access denied

thrawn trilogy please!!!!

Reactions: Grand Vol
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss of Game of Thrones are going to write and produce a new Star Wars series. This is apparently totally separate from the Rian Johnson series that’s already been announced. While I’m kinda excited to see what they do and new Star Wars content, I’m really starting to worry about oversaturating and causing the originals to loss some of their magic.

Access Denied

The originals will always stand on their own.

When Disney purchased Lucasfilm they made it very clear they were going to ramp up Star Wars in much same way as the Marvel franchise.

I look at it much the same way I do about ongoing comic books. When a story line I hate rolls around it doesn’t ruin everything that came before. I just ignore it, stop following the new stuff for the moment and enjoy my classics.

My point is It’s fair to not like the new material but they will never take away from what you love about the originals.

Last edited:
This franchise isn't showing any signs of slowing down at the box office. We'll see how the Han Solo movie does... but regardless of how you feel about the 3 most recent movies - they performed well where it matters most.

This is going to be awesome. Oversaturation isn't a problem as long as you do it right, just ask Marvel.

True. As long as it’s done right, it could be great. I’m guessing if they ever wanted to do Old Republic this would be the time, given their previous experience covering large amounts of depth in GoT.

The originals will always stand on their own.

When Disney purchased Lucasfilm they made it very clear they were going to ramp up Star Wars in much same way as the Marvel franchise.

I look at it much the same way I do about ongoing comic books. When a story line I hate rolls around it doesn’t ruin everything that came before. I just ignore it, stop following the new stuff for the moment and enjoy my classics.

My point is It’s fair to not like the new material but they will never take away from what you love about the originals.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m excited to see where this goes. The Star Wars universe is vast and the surface has barely been scratched. But I could see this tarnishing the originals for future generations is these flop.

So here is what we have

Solo - May 2018
Episode 9 - December 2019
New Rian Johnson trilogy - Unknown
Obi-Wan movie - Not confirmed but expected
GoT writers series - Unknown
TV series - I think Disney said there are plans for a live-action series in the works. I'm thinking Disney is tired of the cartoon shows.

I think the goal for Solo is to turn it into its own trilogy if it does well. So there is going to be a lot of SW in the pipeline.

Bob Iger said yesterday they are developing multiple Star Wars TV shows and are close to announcing one.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
The idea of the film industry crafting new movies in the hopes of making money appears to be unusually foreign to a lot of you.

the term "crafting" and new star wars movies should not be in the same sentence.

maybe making a movie that is original with a story to tell you believe in should matter?

the term "crafting" and new star wars movies should not be in the same sentence.

maybe making a movie that is original with a story to tell you believe in should matter?

Rogue One

At any rate, the original topic was that this is a massive cash grab by Disney. Which it is in a way, but that's kind of the point. Studios don't make films for free. I'm more than pleased with the amount of Star Wars movies/shows scheduled to be released in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don’t know how it would work, but a recreation of episodes 1-3 would be cool. That story could be sooooo good if made right.

VN Store

Back