Solo: A Star Wars Story

Burhead

God-Emperor of Politics
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o[/youtube]

Full trailer tomorrow but I'm glad they kept the EU backstory of Han being a former Imperial TIE pilot.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually looked a little different than I was expecting. I'm sure I'll hate myself for this, but my hopes are a little higher now.

Actually looked a little different than I was expecting. I'm sure I'll hate myself for this, but my hopes are a little higher now.

Agreed, I'll give Disney credit they can cut a trailer together. That shot of the Star Destroyer was fricking amazing, love those ships.

Agreed, I'll give Disney credit they can cut a trailer together. That shot of the Star Destroyer was fricking amazing, love those ships.

The dark setting and camera work really surprised me too. Reminds me of Rogue One in that aspect, though the overall tone will be lighter I'm sure.

Here’s the full trailer...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
Star Wars has always been about the Jedi vs Sith IMO. These back stories about non force users doesnt get me excited. Rogue Ones best scene was Vader igniting his lightsaber and wrecking thru Rebels and the end.

Star Wars has always been about the Jedi vs Sith IMO. These back stories about non force users doesnt get me excited. Rogue Ones best scene was Vader igniting his lightsaber and wrecking thru Rebels and the end.

I think there are plenty of corners of SW universe to explore that don’t involve the Jedi/Sith. I’m looking forward to those stories as much as anything. I think the Smuggler/Pirate underworld in particular has tremendous potential.

Reactions: 3 people

The Star Wars universe encompasses much, much more than just Sith vs. Jedi.

Reactions: 2 people
For the love of god please Disney do not kill Han Solo for me. This movie has to be the perfect. Still not convinced that guy playing Solo is the right man for the job. The view clips we've seen he doesn't inspire confidence.

Looks interesting. That trailer has a very different feel than the others, almost like Blade Runner.

Official character posters. Some things to note...

1) they look like pulp novel covers which could indicate the tone of the story.

2) look at the front end of the Falcon.

Attachments

• 98789519-F4D8-4C21-A2A8-9AE2034307AB.jpeg
    98789519-F4D8-4C21-A2A8-9AE2034307AB.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 224
  • 9E911A4D-A076-4F60-8664-A38CBA90556B.jpeg
    9E911A4D-A076-4F60-8664-A38CBA90556B.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 220
  • A0870750-A28B-44EF-81E1-39E4574286FD.jpeg
    A0870750-A28B-44EF-81E1-39E4574286FD.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 89B6BAB9-273C-4352-B8C9-217F7F1FDF2D.jpeg
    89B6BAB9-273C-4352-B8C9-217F7F1FDF2D.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 229
For the love of god please Disney do not kill Han Solo for me. This movie has to be the perfect. Still not convinced that guy playing Solo is the right man for the job. The view clips we've seen he doesn't inspire confidence.

I mean..... technically you’re too late with that request

Reactions: 4 people
Not optimistic at all. I just can't buy this guy as Han Solo. I'll see the movie of course but I have low expectations.

Also, why the hell did they move the release date up to May? They had a great thing going by having a new Star Wars movie around Christmas time each year! I don't care that the originals came out in May. December for Star Wars worked great.

Not optimistic at all. I just can't buy this guy as Han Solo. I'll see the movie of course but I have low expectations.

Also, why the hell did they move the release date up to May? They had a great thing going by having a new Star Wars movie around Christmas time each year! I don't care that the originals came out in May. December for Star Wars worked great.

I think they moved it up to separate it from the movies they’ve shown in December.

I think this one may flop.

Not sure, but I thought it was always scheduled to be released in May. Either way, I'm actually glad. I suppose I'm just an impatient person when it comes to waiting for new Star Wars movies, so I'm happy to see that it's coming in May instead.

I think they moved it up to separate it from the movies they’ve shown in December.

Rumor is Disney has low expectations for it. Apparently it hasn't screen well internally. We'll see. I still say this was a bad idea. Nobody that I know wanted this story.

I think it would have done better in December. Star Wars has generally had the month to itself the past few years.

Solo is coming out 3 weeks after Avengers, a week before Deadpool 2, and after that Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World 2 comes out. Just seems like a bad idea to put it out in the middle of all those blockbusters.

Episode 9 was scheduled for a May release but got pushed back to the following Dec.

In a few years I totally expect a May and Dec SW movie in the same way we get 2-3 Marvel movies a year. Just need to train audiences that they aren’t sequential sequels but spin offs along side an ongoing trilogy.

I think it would have done better in December. Star Wars has generally had the month to itself the past few years.

Solo is coming out 3 weeks after Avengers, a week before Deadpool 2, and after that Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World 2 comes out. Just seems like a bad idea to put it out in the middle of all those blockbusters.

Exactly. As well as these films have done since Disney bought Lucasfilm, what do they hope to gain by releasing in May? December was perfect!

VN Store

Back