Hannah John-Kamen
Abby Ryder Fortson
Randall Park
Michelle Pfeiffer
Laurence Fishburne
Michael Douglas

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm excited for this one. Well, I'm always pumped for any Marvel or DC film but the first Ant-Man was really good so I have high expectations.

I thought the trailer for this was great. Use of the pym particles.

I enjoyed Ant man, this looks good as well.

Man what a year for Marvel!

It’s like Marvel was winning the fight against DC handily, DC got one good slug in with Wonder Woman, now Marvel is about to throw haymaker after haymaker and put them out of their misery.

It’s like Marvel was winning the fight against DC handily, DC got one good slug in with Wonder Woman, now Marvel is about to throw haymaker after haymaker and put them out of their misery.

Wonder Woman was more of a tap on the shoulder..(it was terrible).

Wonder Woman was more of a tap on the shoulder..(it was terrible).

I think it's good but I also think it's a tad overhyped. But being the best movie in the DCCU isn't that much to brag about, considering they almost all suck besides WW.

That’s just dumb.

WW would have been among the top of the MCU films.

I think it’s definitely one of the better comic book films. I think it and the Nolan Batman Trilogy show the potential of what the DC universe has to offer.

I think outside of a handful of films, Marvel hasn’t been that great either. They’ve dumbed things down to just be popcorn flicks.

I think it’s definitely one of the better comic book films. I think it and the Nolan Batman Trilogy show the potential of what the DC universe has to offer.

I think outside of a handful of films, Marvel hasn’t been that great either. They’ve dumbed things down to just be popcorn flicks.

There is nothing wrong with popcorn flicks. BvS tried and failed miserably to be something more.

There is nothing wrong with popcorn flicks. BvS tried and failed miserably to be something more.

Never said there was. My point is that there’s a lot more story that can be told with the films and they could have better character development. If they could combine the storytelling style of the Netflix series and the action of the big screen movies, they’d make some pretty memorable films. The Dark Knight did a great job of that.

I hope Pym turns out to be the big bad guy in the long run. Pimp slaps Iron Man and Nick Fury while he rants about founding the Avengers and creating Ultron.

I just want to add one more thought to this Marvel/DC talk....

This will be unpopular, but I’m not sure I get all the hate for the latest Fantastic Four.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a great movie by any stretch, but I found it watchable. I wouldn’t say it’s any worse than Suicide Squad, which didn’t take nearly as much of a beating.

I just want to add one more thought to this Marvel/DC talk....

This will be unpopular, but I’m not sure I get all the hate for the latest Fantastic Four.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a great movie by any stretch, but I found it watchable. I wouldn’t say it’s any worse than Suicide Squad, which didn’t take nearly as much of a beating.

It was pretty bad. Way too many changes to the core story to try to appeal to a younger audience. And Doctor Doom is a classic Marvel villain and they turned him into some emo hacker.

Fantastic Four is the first family of Marvel; it deserves a great treatment on screen.

Reactions: 2 people
It was pretty bad. Way too many changes to the core story to try to appeal to a younger audience. And Doctor Doom is a classic Marvel villain and they turned him into some emo hacker.

Fantastic Four is the first family of Marvel; it deserves a great treatment on screen.

EXACTLY!!!

Fantastic Four launched the Marvel Universe in the Silver Age. Characters like the Inhumans, Silver Surfer and Galactus, Dr Doom, Adam Warlock, BLACK PANTHER!!! And so many more all debuted in the pages of Fantastic Four. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby set the tone for the entire Marvel line during their FF run.

The original movies tried to make them too campy and miscast Sue and Johnny Storm (I love Chis Evans as Capt Am but he was not a good for FF). I didn’t even bother watching the last movie. I could tell by the trailers it was not the FF.

Many point to the Incredibles as capturing the FF better than the FF movies. That’s half true. It nailed the family aspect but missed the bombastic Science Fiction aspect.

I hope Pym turns out to be the big bad guy in the long run. Pimp slaps Iron Man and Nick Fury while he rants about founding the Avengers and creating Ultron.

Hell yeah, and gives a Gordan Gecko(or whatever his name was in Wall Street) rant like he did to Charlie Sheen. Stark couldn't carry Pym's jock if MCU followed the comics and Avengers history.

VN Store

Back