The Greatest Showman

MSUDuo

Couldn't believe I didn't see a thread for this one.

Saw it on Sunday night.

Now, mind you, I'm only 30 and I only see 2-3 movies in the theaters a year but this was hands down the best movie I've seen in the theaters. I would also put it straight into my top 5 but my top 5-10 is pretty weird.

It is a musical, which will turn some people off but there wasn't a song in it where I wasn't taping my foot along. I don't particularly like musicals either.

Jackman and Effron were excellent as well was Zendaya.

Reactions: 1 person
Couldn't believe I didn't see a thread for this one.

Saw it on Sunday night.

Now, mind you, I'm only 30 and I only see 2-3 movies in the theaters a year but this was hands down the best movie I've seen in the theaters. I would also put it straight into my top 5 but my top 5-10 is pretty weird.

It is a musical, which will turn some people off but there wasn't a song in it where I wasn't taping my foot along. I don't particularly like musicals either.

Jackman and Effron were excellent as well was Zendaya.

Yeah I really want to see it but I decided to wait till its released on Blu-ray and 4K as I expect the colors will pop on 4K!

My gf and I saw it over the holidays. We both loved it and keep listening to the soundtrack. I’m not a huge fan of musicals, but the new Hollywood approach to musicals (ala le miserables and greatest showman) is more believable than the older, overdone format. Plus, the story of PT Barnum lends itself quite well to spectacle. I highly recommend seeing it in theaters just because of the compelling choreography. The filmmakers have a blurb before the film about how this film was made primarily for the theatrical experience and to interact/sing along/clap. I thought that sounded ridiculous, but if you watch it and don’t at least tap your toes, you don’t have a pulse. Plus it’s a compelling story about a hugely influential figure in entertainment history. All of the circus moguls of that era were intriguing (albeit flawed) characters.

VN Store

Back