Amazon: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Coug

MV5BZTI0MjllMGMtOGYxMi00MTczLWJiMzMtNTA2ZmYxMDE5NmRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjkwNzEwMzU@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Rachel Brosnahan - Miriam 'Midge' Maisel
Alex Borstein(Voice of Lois on Family Guy) - Susie Meyerson
Michael Zegen - Joel Maisel
Marin Hinkle - Rose Weissman
Tony Shalhoub(Monk, Men In Black) - Abe Weissman

Last edited:
I've been watching this series on Amazon the past few days and it's been really very good. It got 95% on Rotten Tomatoes and it makes me laugh.

Between Alex Borstein, Rachel Brosnahan, and Tony Shalhoub you're really not left wanting. Marin Hinkle also brings it. Appearances by Gilbert Gottfried, Jane Lynch, Wallace Shawn, David Paymer and others.

I like Tony shaloub, been wondering if he was in anything now.

Haven’t finished this, but I was telling my wife that it was prolly inspired by Lenny Bruce. She said “yeah...he’s in it”. Missed it. Damn woman. :crazy:

Haven’t finished this, but I was telling my wife that it was prolly inspired by Lenny Bruce. She said “yeah...he’s in it”. Missed it. Damn woman. :crazy:

Yeah, he's the comic in the trench coat that Midge bailed out of jail. The court room scene is great if you haven't gotten to that episode yet.

Just finished and really enjoyed it. Tony S was probably my fav character with Susie a close 2nd. The funny thing is looking back on it, its really a pretty feminist show but it never shoves the feminism down your throat. Loved the music.

This premise nauseates me. Crazy how it won awards in today's climate.

Just finished and really enjoyed it. Tony S was probably my fav character with Susie a close 2nd. The funny thing is looking back on it, its really a pretty feminist show but it never shoves the feminism down your throat. Loved the music.

You misunderstand I think. The show is set in a period of time where women still aren't very well respected. The only feminism being displayed which really isn't feminism is Midge and Susie cheering each other on.

Finally finished. Brilliantly funny. Might have an agenda but it’s too clever to show it...(as 123 said) unlike her breasts. :)

Didn’t get that out of it. I don’t think Lenny Bruce was a feminist.

he helped promote her in an era where women were supposed to stay home, make babies and dinner. He didnt wear a feminazi badge of honor but he was bucking the status quo

Feminist propaganda just in time for #timesup award season.

Art is either good or it isn't.

Whether it does or does not have some hidden agenda is irrelevant.

It is a damn good show.

Just watched first episode of Good Girls Revolt. It was good also, watch out though it might have an agenda.

he helped promote her in an era where women were supposed to stay home, make babies and dinner. He didnt wear a feminazi badge of honor but he was bucking the status quo

Needed it. Was a little lame.

Art is either good or it isn't.

Whether it does or does not have some hidden agenda is irrelevant.

It is a damn good show.

Just watched first episode of Good Girls Revolt. It was good also, watch out though it might have an agenda.

Yes but by that rationale it also can have an agenda, right?

It may be a great show just didnt interest me and i find it hard to believe it's award winning truly on its merits just found it to be quite a coincidence. I enjoy plenty of films and shows with female leads so I take in all art on a case by case basis.

Watch Fleabag on amazon or Smilf on Showtime. Great shows with female writer/director/actor visions.

Yes but by that rationale it also can have an agenda, right?

It may be a great show just didnt interest me and i find it hard to believe it's award winning truly on its merits just found it to be quite a coincidence. I enjoy plenty of films and shows with female leads so I take in all art on a case by case basis.

I've watched it and don't find it hard to believe it is award worthy.

Reactions: 3 people
I've watched it and don't find it hard to believe it is award worthy.

Because it's not hard to believe it's award worthy. But it's easy to just throw out "it has an agenda". It's almost like.....he might have a bit of agenda of his own.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back