The Ranch

Love this show! My favorite thing about it are the scenes between Barry Corbin (the veterinarian) and Sam Elliot! Their chemistry is TV gold!

Reactions: 1 person
This show goes 100 miles per hour. So much always going on, but they always fit it perfectly together. The writing just keeps getting better as well.

Will be interesting how Masterson gets written off, but there's a ton left to be answered next season.

I love the Corbin/Elliot scenes. Wish he'd have been around more for the latter episodes to help talk to Beau.

They also always find the perfect country songs to play in the background.

Reactions: 2 people
FINALLY had time to catch up and watch this season. Next season should be really interesting....their luck kinda reminds me of my own.

My only issue with this show is some of the writing comes off as pretty juvenile. Thats to be expected for "Colt" and "Rooster", but even a lot of the dialogue for the more mature characters is so "frat house" sounding. Maybe its just the company I keep, but nobody I'm around uses the F-bomb remotely as often as its dropped on this show, by virtually everyone.

My only issue with this show is some of the writing comes off as pretty juvenile. Thats to be expected for "Colt" and "Rooster", but even a lot of the dialogue for the more mature characters is so "frat house" sounding. Maybe its just the company I keep, but nobody I'm around uses the F-bomb remotely as often as its dropped on this show, by virtually everyone.

The company I keep speaks vastly differently than your company apparently

You’ve never lived on a farm, have you? Lol. The ranch is kiddy talk.

You’ve never lived on a farm, have you? Lol. The ranch is kiddy talk.

Ha! I worked for several years in a steel plant with rough characters who talked exactly the way you're talking about. Trust me, it's nothing I haven't heard before. However on the show, it's not just the ranchers and how they all talk to each other on the job. It's everybody on the show from the parents to the girlfriends, to the supporting characters.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the show! I haven't watched a sitcom like this where they masterfully weave humor with true heavy moments since probably All In The Family. I just think the foul language is a little over the top sometimes and could be toned down a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Ha! I worked for several years in a steel plant with rough characters who talked exactly the way you're talking about. Trust me, it's nothing I haven't heard before. However on the show, it's not just the ranchers and how they all talk to each other on the job. It's everybody on the show from the parents to the girlfriends, to the supporting characters.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the show! I haven't watched a sitcom like this where they masterfully weave humor with true heavy moments since probably All In The Family. I just think the foul language is a little over the top sometimes and could be toned down a little.

I’m just teasing. Yeah, I don’t know many women that talk like that. Men, definitely lol

Deborah Winger is terrible in this show. She might as well be reading directly off a card in her hand. I like everything else about it, though.

Ugh, THAT guy? I guess I'm not surprised. He used to work with Ashton Kutcher on that show Punk'd. I just don't see him as a fit on this particular show but, we'll see I guess.

Did anyone actually think Kutcher and Masterson would work out so well? Especially the relationship between them and Sam Elliott?

VN Store

Back