DARK (Netflix series)

coach12

Anyone watched yet? It is a German show w English dubbed audio (normally a deal breaker for me) but DARK is incredibly entertaining! I binged all 10 episodes in 3 days.

It's a combo of Stranger Things, the OA, and Back to the Future. Very gritty, atmospheric, set in rural German town near nuclear power plant. I know for some the fact that it's foreign might cause some trepidation, but the dubbed audio is well done and doesn't hold back a greatly produced show.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone watched yet? It is a German show w English dubbed audio (normally a deal breaker for me) but DARK is incredibly entertaining! I binged all 10 episodes in 3 days.

It's a combo of Stranger Things, the OA, and Back to the Future. Very gritty, atmospheric, set in rural German town near nuclear power plant. I know for some the fact that it's foreign might cause some trepidation, but the dubbed audio is well done and doesn't hold back a greatly produced show.
I watched the first episode a days ago. I’ve been meaning to continue. I liked it.

The preview came up for me last night and I liked it so I added it to my list.

Can't imagine why anyone would willingly submit themselves to dubbed audio unless it was anime.

With that said, this show is kick ass! It's like Stranger Things on drugs. Netflix continues to set the bar with binge-worthy TV shows.

Song from the series that I thought was absolutely on point with the story:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kYH6XZrIo[/youtube]

Can't imagine why anyone would willingly submit themselves to dubbed audio unless it was anime.

With that said, this show is kick ass! It's like Stranger Things on drugs. Netflix continues to set the bar with binge-worthy TV shows.

ST on drugs?? Sign me up. :pirate:

Song from the series that I thought was absolutely on point with the story:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kYH6XZrIo[/youtube]

The music on the show was great. The production values are excellent. I wonder how big of a hit the show is globally. I hope more in the US give it a try. One of my top 5 shows of the year.

took me about halfway through the first episode to get past the overdub. ALl in all a great first episode!

took me about halfway through the first episode to get past the overdub. ALl in all a great first episode!

Pshhh what is it with you guys who refuse to read subtitles while watching TV... German audio is the way to go. This show is pretty neat, still working my way through it.

Pshhh what is it with you guys who refuse to read subtitles while watching TV... German audio is the way to go. This show is pretty neat, still working my way through it.

what? I would prefer the subtitles to the overdub...didnt know that was an option!

Switched it to German with english subtitles and watched 3 episodes, so much better.

Binged them all while I was off work sick last week. Loved it. Except having to suspend belief on plot holes.
So many people that saw Mikkel as a child in the past would have recognized him as a child in the present.
There are more, but you get the picture.

It was a good show, there was one,song I really loved but I didn't look for it in the credits, now I have to find it

Just started watching last night and I am hooked. If you like stranger things, then most should like Dark.

VN Store

Back