Have you heard of Mike Masse?

larjoranj

I CAN'T REMEMBER
He is an attorney from Utah who started playing cover songs in a local pizza place in South Jordan, Utah around 2008 or 2009. He plays guitar and his friend Jeff Hall plays bass and they are amazingly good. They will have friends join them occasionally. He has several hundred vids on his youtube channel. They became so popular they started touring in 2015. The older vids from the pizza parlor are the best in my opinion.

They do a wide range of artists, from Simon and Garfunkel to Alice in Chains. Here are a few. The Africa cover put them on the map and is the best 2 man cover I've ever heard, especially in a pizza parlor:)

Africa - Toto
Africa (acoustic Toto cover) - Mike Masse and Jeff Hall - YouTube

Space Oddity - David Bowie
Space Oddity (acoustic David Bowie cover) - Mike Masse and Jeff Hall - YouTube

Dust In The Wind - Kansas
Dust in the Wind (Kansas cover) - Mike Masse, Scott Slusher, and Ken Benson - YouTube

No Excuses - Alice In Chains
No Excuses (acoustic Alice in Chains cover) - Mike Masse, Bryce Bloom & Kory Montgomery - YouTube

Linger - The Cranberries (The girl sounds just like Dolores O'Riordan)
Linger (acoustic Cranberries cover) - Brenda Andrus, Mike Masse and Jeff Hall - YouTube

Reactions: 3 people
He is an attorney from Utah who started playing cover songs in a local pizza place in South Jordan, Utah around 2008 or 2009. He plays guitar and his friend Jeff Hall plays bass and they are amazingly good. They will have friends join them occasionally. He has several hundred vids on his youtube channel. They became so popular they started touring in 2015. The older vids from the pizza parlor are the best in my opinion.

They do a wide range of artists, from Simon and Garfunkel to Alice in Chains. Here are a few. The Africa cover put them on the map and is the best 2 man cover I've ever heard, especially in a pizza parlor:)

Africa - Toto
Africa (acoustic Toto cover) - Mike Masse and Jeff Hall - YouTube

Space Oddity - David Bowie
Space Oddity (acoustic David Bowie cover) - Mike Masse and Jeff Hall - YouTube

Dust In The Wind - Kansas
Dust in the Wind (Kansas cover) - Mike Masse, Scott Slusher, and Ken Benson - YouTube

No Excuses - Alice In Chains
No Excuses (acoustic Alice in Chains cover) - Mike Masse, Bryce Bloom & Kory Montgomery - YouTube

Linger - The Cranberries (The girl sounds just like Dolores O'Riordan)
Linger (acoustic Cranberries cover) - Brenda Andrus, Mike Masse and Jeff Hall - YouTube

Used to go see him at The Pie Pizzeria when I lived in Utah. Africa is at or near the top of favorites for me. His little boy was diagnosed with a brain tumor when he was 11 months old.

VN Store

Back