Country music thread

Just heard that Carrie Underwood and Tony Romo are a couple now...lucky ba$tard!

hmmm....ya i guess he is, but to be honest i could care less, now if u wanted to talk about Faith then that's something totally different

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Faith is great but give me Sara or Miranda :)

What's your thoughts on the Dixie Chicks? lol

I like country and many other genres of music. Like Lex am not big into Urban and others. I really like the old school country. The stuff I used to whine about on long road trips when my dad used to play the same cassette over and over again.

As Hank III puts it
"So I'm here to put the d#@% in Dixie
and the "c*$#" back in country
'Cause the kind of country I hear now days
is a bunch of f*&%in' s#@* to me
They say that I'm ill-mannered
that I'm gonna self-destruct
But if you know what I'm thinkin'
you'll know that pop country really sucks"

Reactions: rocytop2624
I like the new aged and old traditional country. There isn't alot of ones I don't like from today but Keith Urban and Clint Black come to my mind.

My top 10 Favs from today looks like this:

1. Sara Evans (Everything about her screams sexy!)
2. Toby Keith
3. Miranda Lambert (See #1 plus she's very cool to hangout with!)

4. Jason Aldean (He will be the next big time male mega star)

5. Carrie Underwood (Great voice and very easy on the eyes)

6. Rascal Flatts (Easily the best vocal group in all of music)

7. Gretchen Wilson (Love her attitude)
8. Tim McGraw
9. Kenny Chesney (GO VOLS!)
10. Faith Hill

I'm sure I left someone out but that's off the top of my tired head

I love country music - country and bluegrass is about all I listen to (with a little John Denver mixed in). Bluegrass - my favorite current band is Mountain Heart ... like Rhonda Vincent as well. Country - love the classics like Waylon/Willie/the boys, etc. But, I'm also a big fan of Kenny Chesney and Brad Paisely...the new country movement doesn't bother me at all. Of course, I also don't hate the Dixie Chicks...which makes me different than a lot of other country fans. I don't blame the Dixie Chicks for leaving country music...but I hate that they had to...I liked their country stuff

From a local Lexington legend Larry Redmon:

Don't lay none of that Nashville nouveau bulls@$% on me. - From Don't ask for no Garth Brooks cause he aint playin here tonight

If by country you mean Brad Paisley, Kenny C, and Keith Urban then count me out. I have no tolerance for the new Nashville sound.

I can deal with Brad Paisley okay, but most everything on the radio these days is trash...The non-stop Tim, Faith, Montgomery Gentry, Keith Urban stuff doesnt work for me...

Going to see George Strait and Ronnie Milsap tonight, really looking forward to it, but i really don't care for much music that has been put out in the past 10-12 years or so...So i generally listen to country from that time all the way back to the 30's, i like it all, and for newer music it's the Texas Country like Cooder Graw and Cory Morrow.

As Hank III puts it
"So I'm here to put the d#@% in Dixie
and the "c*$#" back in country
'Cause the kind of country I hear now days
is a bunch of f*&%in' s#@* to me
They say that I'm ill-mannered
that I'm gonna self-destruct
But if you know what I'm thinkin'
you'll know that pop country really sucks"

i LOVE that song...Shooter Jennings has a good one along the same line as well...can't recall the name offhand

VN Store

Back