Malcolm Young

SouthKnoxVOL

"You've got to be f****** kidding me!?" - Heupel
AC/DC guitarist and co founder, Malcolm Young has passed away.

He said once in an interview that he was going to play Rock n Roll till he died because that was the only thing he knew to do. He kept his word.

R.i.p.

Well, damn. In more positive AC/DC news, I heard the other day that Brian's hearing issues had resolved and that he might be able to tour some more after all.

Wife told me first thing this am. I had a feeling that his time was near.

"Going Down, Party Time. My friends are gonna be there, too!"

R.I.P. Malcolm!

That’s sad. He was suffering from dementia for a while.

If there's a rock'n roll heaven.
You know they have a helluva band!

Bon and Malcolm reunited.

Reactions: 2 people
I read an interview with Angus a few years back where he talked about the onset of Malcolm’s dementia. I think they were sitting down to jam and Malcolm just sat there in silence. After a few moments he looked at Angus and said something like, “I don’t remember how to play guitar.” Very sad.

What are y’alls top 5 ac/dc albums? I can’t order them because I love them all, but I’d go
Who made who
Ac/dc live
Stiff upper lip
Razors edge
Back in black

Honorable mentions:fly on the wall, highway to Hell, and ballbreaker

What are y’alls top 5 ac/dc albums? I can’t order them because I love them all, but I’d go
Who made who
Ac/dc live
Stiff upper lip
Razors edge
Back in black

I couldn't rank them if I tried. For me, it would be like ranking my favorite 20 pound Gold Bar. Lol

I will say my favorite concert DVD is Live at Donnington 1991, followed by Live at the River Platte. "Family Jewels" is a MUST HAVE for every AC/DC fan.

Been a fan ever since I heard "Highway to Hell". I bought a black market copy of that album (on cassette) at Green Acres Flea Market back in '78 (Haha). Since then, I've purchased that album approximately 20 to 25 times. :)

I read an interview with Angus a few years back where he talked about the onset of Malcolm’s dementia. I think they were sitting down to jam and Malcolm just sat there in silence. After a few moments he looked at Angus and said something like, “I don’t remember how to play guitar.” Very sad.

I read that interview then, too. It broke my music loving heart!

Loved them when I was young. Back in Black is one of the biggest reasons I got into rock music as a teenager. Not a weak link on it.

Have not sat and listened to them in many years, and admittedly my taste for ACDC has not aged all that well, but I hate seeing such a heavy influence gone too soon.

RIP

Who made who
Ac/dc live
Stiff upper lip
Razors edge
Back in black

In no particular order: back in black, highway, for those about to rock, high voltage, and dirty deeds.

I prefer the Bon Scott version, but BiB and FTATR are two of the greatest albums ever recorded IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back