Curse of oak island

I haven't watched this year. Are they airing new episodes yet? It's interesting but they're going to have to find something good quick.... Too much rehashing over and over little tidbits.

I haven't watched this year. Are they airing new episodes yet? It's interesting but they're going to have to find something good quick.... Too much rehashing over and over little tidbits.

Spoiler alert: they won’t find anything. If they did the show would end. The only people that get rich from treasure hunting are the guys on the worksite.

I watch it more out of habit and I actually like the guys, more than I think it's really that interesting anymore. I'm pretty sure there isn't jack squat on that island, other than maybe some intersting artifacts and things they may find. But there isn't any treasure.

And from reading posts on the show's reddit and other sites, people claim that the brothers know there is nothing there because they have been searching for the treasure for years before the show even started. Many of the places they dig and all the stuff they go through, they've already done previous, they're just doing it for the cameras. The "treasure" they have found is the money the History Channel pays them to keep this going.

I also like to laugh at the idiot narrator who merely just repeats everything they say and then always ties whatever they find back to being proof of the treasure. And the fact that he repeats the same backstory EVERY single episode. That guy has one of the easiest jobs in the world.

Reactions: 3 people
I watch it more out of habit and I actually like the guys, more than I think it's really that interesting anymore. I'm pretty sure there isn't jack squat on that island, other than maybe some intersting artifacts and things they may find. But there isn't any treasure.

And from reading posts on the show's reddit and other sites, people claim that the brothers know there is nothing there because they have been searching for the treasure for years before the show even started. Many of the places they dig and all the stuff they go through, they've already done previous, they're just doing it for the cameras. The "treasure" they have found is the money the History Channel pays them to keep this going.

I also like to laugh at the idiot narrator who merely just repeats everything they say and then always ties whatever they find back to being proof of the treasure. And the fact that he repeats the same backstory EVERY single episode. That guy has one of the easiest jobs in the world.

yeah, I fast forward to the end to see if they found anything. I watch it out of habit too. I loathe the announcer but I don't hear him since I fast forward to the end. they've done well in making money.

Kinda like popcorn though, you can't stop once you get started.

VN Store

Back