Live PD

Any other fans?? Wife got me hooked on the show! See about everything on there..lol...

I do like some aspects, but it gets really boring when they spend 20 minutes covering a dispute about pets or loud neighbors. I just skip though those parts after it airs. I also don’t think it’s a great look for cops that many of the stops are about bad tags or a missing taillight. What is that doing to make their city safer?

Reactions: walkenvol and Danl
I do like some aspects, but it gets really boring when they spend 20 minutes covering a dispute about pets or loud neighbors. I just skip though those parts after it airs. I also don’t think it’s a great look for cops that many of the stops are about bad tags or a missing taillight. What is that doing to make their city safer?
Cops profile people and find reasons to pull them over. Everyone knows that.

Reactions: 2 people
Pets and loud neighbors are like 85% of calls tbh.

Last edited:

Because believe it or not this is their daily routine. Boring calls

Ever been driving in the rain, at night, and come up fast on another vehicle that didn't have working tail lights?

Really?

While there is a lot of boring "Domestic Stuff" a lot of cops will tell you that sometimes the most dangerous to get involved in.

Having watched the show for a while there is some crazy stuff that has happened on there.

Here is one that happened back in the summer. It gets real at the 2:25 mark

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFYOLvCjWcw[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person

Well it's against the law. Couldn't tell you how many times a busted tail light turned into a DUI or finding a wanted subject. So I'd say it's keeping the city much safer.

It's a politically incorrect thing to say (or maybe not given how criticism of cops has become a pretty popular thing to do lately in some circles), but that's most of what cops do. Especially in low-crime areas.

Being a police officer is not a uniquely dangerous profession. Of course it's more dangerous than being a say, accountant, but many other professions (truck driving, logging, construction, etc.) are statistically more dangerous/likely to kill or injure someone.

Well it's against the law. Couldn't tell you how many times a busted tail light turned into a DUI or finding a wanted subject. So I'd say it's keeping the city much safer.

And how many times is it just harassing someone? When I was in high school I had a crap car and got pulled over a lot. “Took a turn too fast”, had my arm out the window, parked too far from the curb, “what are you doing in this neighborhood”, etc. I had done nothing wrong, I wasn’t cited at any point. It was just cops seeing a crappy car and deciding I was an easy target for drugs, no insurance, etc. More than one told me the car was stolen. Of course it wasn’t, they knew that, they just wanted to see if I would blurt something out.

And how many times is it just harassing someone? When I was in high school I had a crap car and got pulled over a lot. “Took a turn too fast”, had my arm out the window, parked too far from the curb, “what are you doing in this neighborhood”, etc. I had done nothing wrong, I wasn’t cited at any point. It was just cops seeing a crappy car and deciding I was an easy target for drugs, no insurance, etc. More than one told me the car was stolen. Of course it wasn’t, they knew that, they just wanted to see if I would blurt something out.

I don't see the issue with stopping vehicles who improperly park, or take turns without due care. If you're so hurt by a stop and think they had no PC then sue them. It's against the law. But if you break traffic laws and get pulled over you really have nothing to cry about especially if you were never cited. Sounds like they cut you a break, something most people don't acknowledge. You make a stop and you ask questions. That's good policing. I never know who I'm pulling over. I've seen just a couple simple questions turning into loads of drugs, stolen TVs, people driving on revoked licenses, etc. It's a cops job to enforce traffic laws. I've stopped a vehicle for a tail light (which actually is dangerous) and it turned out the guy blew a .27. He was planning on driving an hour home. Would he have wrecked? Idk. Did I potentially stop him from killing someone's wife and kids? Idk either. But maybe. And if there was even a slight chance I prevented that then stopping a couple vehicles that are "easy targets" as you say is worth it. Majority of the time I let them go on their way and tell them to fix the issue. I think it's worth 5-10 minutes of someone's time.

I don't see the issue with stopping vehicles who improperly park, or take turns without due care. If you're so hurt by a stop and think they had no PC then sue them. It's against the law. But if you break traffic laws and get pulled over you really have nothing to cry about especially if you were never cited. Sounds like they cut you a break, something most people don't acknowledge. You make a stop and you ask questions. That's good policing. I never know who I'm pulling over. I've seen just a couple simple questions turning into loads of drugs, stolen TVs, people driving on revoked licenses, etc. It's a cops job to enforce traffic laws. I've stopped a vehicle for a tail light (which actually is dangerous) and it turned out the guy blew a .27. He was planning on driving an hour home. Would he have wrecked? Idk. Did I potentially stop him from killing someone's wife and kids? Idk either. But maybe. And if there was even a slight chance I prevented that then stopping a couple vehicles that are "easy targets" as you say is worth it. Majority of the time I let them go on their way and tell them to fix the issue. I think it's worth 5-10 minutes of someone's time.

Having your arm out the window isn't a crime. Being in the "wrong neighborhood" isn't a crime. I wasn't "let off", I had done nothing wrong to start with. It wasn't me speeding, or expired tags, or no seat belt. It was crappy car where it shouldn't be, so let's investigate. Furthermore it was grown men lying to a teenager to see if they could scare me and stir anything up. It's not policing by probable cause, it's policing by stereotype. But that is the MO for a lot of small town cops. If a couple fishing expeditions turn up some tickets or court costs, that keeps the wheels turning. And there's not much else going on anyways, at least nothing else they want to deal with.

Having your arm out the window isn't a crime. Being in the "wrong neighborhood" isn't a crime. I wasn't "let off", I had done nothing wrong to start with. It wasn't me speeding, or expired tags, or no seat belt. It was crappy car where it shouldn't be, so let's investigate. Furthermore it was grown men lying to a teenager to see if they could scare me and stir anything up. It's not policing by probable cause, it's policing by stereotype. But that is the MO for a lot of small town cops. If a couple fishing expeditions turn up some tickets or court costs, that keeps the wheels turning. And there's not much else going on anyways, at least nothing else they want to deal with.

Well if you read correctly you would see that I didn't mention being in the wrong neighborhood or having your arm out the window. Like I said, if someone pulls you over without PC, sue them or file a complaint. No one dislikes bad cops more than good cops. Also, idk how it is at other departments, but quotas are not real where I'm at. At all. I don't write tickets for petty things, trust me. I work nights and coming in on my day off at 9 in the morning to argue with someone about their expired tags is not something I want on my itinerary. Sorry you feel like you've had a bad experience with police. I try to respect everyone I come in contact with, although many make it difficult.

Last edited:
Great show. We've been watching for around a year now and I've seen some boring parts and some hair raising events on there.

I couldn't be a police officer, no way. I tip my hat to them and say thank you for serving!

VN Store

Back