Daniel Kaluuya
Letitia Wright
Winston Duke
Angela Bassett
Forest Whitaker
Andy Serkis

First Trailer dropped!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU[/youtube]

Trailer ain't bad..but the random YEAH. UH HUH . MMM. YEAH...comes off a bit stupid

Reactions: 1 person
Looks bad a$$ to me, but I've always loved Black Panther. When I was kid in the mid 70s, because of the costume, in the 90s, because of Christopher Priest's killer run on the BP comic

Last edited:
Looks bad a$$ to me, but I've always loved Black Panther. When I was kid in the mid in the 70s, because of the costume, in the 90s, because of Christopher Priest's killer run on the BP comic

Priest’s run is definitive to me.

Black Panther was one of my favorite comic book charaters when I was a kid along with Moon Knight. I wish they’d make a movie or tv show about him.

Never mind. Was confusing that with Cloak and Dagger. Looks like Moon Knight might make an appearance in Punisher though.

Black Panther was one of my favorite comic book charaters when I was a kid along with Moon Knight. I wish they’d make a movie or tv show about him.

Moon Knight is a fascinating character. 4 secret identities/multiple personalities, bordering on mental illness and the whole resurrection thing by the Egyptian God, Khonsu (sp?). Plus he has a great supporting cast with Frenchie and Marleen. Bill Siekienwicz had an amazing run drawing Moon Knight and also the New Mutants

Last edited:
Trailer ain't bad..but the random YEAH. UH HUH . MMM. YEAH...comes off a bit stupid

Kendrick Lamar is producing the soundtrack. Not sure if that is the official in-movie soundtrack or the marketing soundtrack full of pop songs. My hope is the latter.

I like rap music. I like Lamar. I prefer a traditional orchestral score in my movies. It makes the movie more timeless (exception for Immigrant Song in Thor because it fit perfectly and the oldies soundtrack in GotG was Story specific as well).

I read a story that Fox wanted Lucas to use then-modern disco music in Star Wars but he was determined to have a more timeless score and wanted John Williams specifically. Does anyone think A New Hope would hold up as well today as it did in 1977 if the Bee Gees had done the soundtrack?

Also I find it somewhat disheartening that they feel the need to use rap music for the black character. As if it’s the only type of music that fits the character. Maybe I’m just reading too much into that.

Kendrick Lamar is producing the soundtrack. Not sure if that is the official in-movie soundtrack or the marketing soundtrack full of pop songs. My hope is the latter.

I like rap music. I like Lamar. I prefer a traditional orchestral score in my movies. It makes the movie more timeless (exception for Immigrant Song in Thor because it fit perfectly and the oldies soundtrack in GotG was Story specific as well).

I read a story that Fox wanted Lucas to use then-modern disco music in Star Wars but he was determined to have a more timeless score and wanted John Williams specifically. Does anyone think A New Hope would hold up as well today as it did in 1977 if the Bee Gees had done the soundtrack?

Also I find it somewhat disheartening that they feel the need to use rap music for the black character. As if it’s the only type of music that fits the character. Maybe I’m just reading too much into that.

Every early review I have seen has talked about how great it is that they focus on black issues and politics, so I don't think so.

VN Store

Back