The New Mutants (2018)

What in the world. Is this supposed to be a horror movie?

Ilyanna looks faithful... assuming that’s Ilyanna.

What in the world. Is this supposed to be a horror movie?

Ilyanna looks faithful... assuming that’s Ilyanna.

Yes, it's Magik and I disagree with some of the other posters, I'm thinking it has potential. Of course, I'm not exactly sure what is going on, in the trailer, but I like the casting and the roster of New Mutants. Wolfsbane, Masie Williams, Magik, the girl from Split, Cannonball, the older brother from Stranger Things, Mirage and Sunspot

The New Mutants now have a late summer release date of August 28, 2020!
IMG_20200513_140922.jpg

Last edited:
I know things have changed with release dates, but August is notorious for being a month that studios put out movies they think will do poorly.

So I haven't really read anything about this, though I had heard of it. Seeing how it's going to be a horror, will this be the story of the Demon Bear?

Who are your New Mutants?

Well, they went to school at Xavier's where they learned how to use their powers and then became a sub-team for the X-Men (or something along those lines). They did not learn their powers while trapped in a horror movie set in an asylum.

Fox fumbling the mutant football again, and Disney trapped into trying to get back some of the costs without losing too much Marvel credibility, imo.

Well, they went to school at Xavier's where they learned how to use their powers and then became a sub-team for the X-Men (or something along those lines). They did not learn their powers while trapped in a horror movie set in an asylum.

Fox fumbling the mutant football again, and Disney trapped into trying to get back some of the costs without losing too much Marvel credibility, imo.
Do we know they won't have any connection to Xavier's School for Gifted Children? Like I said, I haven't read anything about this movie.

FTR, I know their comic history fairly well. I still have the entire original run in storage somewhere.

Do we know they won't have any connection to Xavier's School for Gifted Children? Like I said, I haven't read anything about this movie.

FTR, I know their comic history fairly well. I still have the entire original run in storage somewhere.

Not from what I have heard, but I’ve not paid close attention. The first trailer and delays told me it is not my cup of tea - and I am up for all of the comic movies generally.

It does have a intriguing young cast....

Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones)
Anya Taylor-Joy (Split, Glass, recent Emma)
Charlie Heaton (Stranger Things)

So I haven't really read anything about this, though I had heard of it. Seeing how it's going to be a horror, will this be the story of the Demon Bear?

One of the trailers has Illyana going up against a big bear with glowing eyes.

I know my X-Men proper really well but I never got into New Mutants other than crossover issues. I never actually read the Demon Bear story but I always liked the Senkevich covers.

Sienkiewicz

newmutants19.jpg

Reactions: BenGrimm
One of the trailers has Illyana going up against a big bear with glowing eyes.

I know my X-Men proper really well but I never got into New Mutants other than crossover issues. I never actually read the Demon Bear story but I always liked the Senkevich covers.
Looking at those covers brings back a lot of memories. New Mutants started my comic collecting. I started on issue #8, I think it was, and quickly got 1-7. That led me to the X-Men. JMO, but comic books in the 80's were just awesome.

Looking at those covers brings back a lot of memories. New Mutants started my comic collecting. I started on issue #8, I think it was, and quickly got 1-7. That led me to the X-Men. JMO, but comic books in the 80's were just awesome.

I love the Silver Age but the campyness is undeniable. The 80s under Jim Shooter is the my favorite era in a lot of ways.

Give me those tiny feet New Mutants, Rob Liefeld!

I love the Silver Age but the campyness is undeniable. The 80s under Jim Shooter is the my favorite era in a lot of ways.
Claremont's X-Men run is my favorite. Started late 70's, but Dark Phoenix saga was 1980. From there you got Days of Future Past, Kitty Pryde, their time in space, the Brood, and so many good stories.

Claremont's X-Men run is my favorite. Started late 70's, but Dark Phoenix saga was 1980. From there you got Days of Future Past, Kitty Pryde, their time in space, the Brood, and so many good stories.

Mutant Massacre is my favorite X-Men story. Its the first big event crossover that didn't involve a mini-series. I also like how it just affected books like New Mutants and X-Factor but didn't require them for the main story in Uncanny. Even got Daredevil and Thor involved.

There is a pretty good documentary on Amazon Prime you might enjoy. Its called Chris Claremont’s X-Men. Has a lot of interviews with other creators and editors of the era and covers up until he is run off the book in 1991. Unfortunately no interviews with John Byrne or Jim Lee but still a quality doc.

Reactions: Weezer
I remember when the Morlocks were first introduced. Issue 169. Callisto had Angel captured, and he's on the cover of that issue almost like a crucifixion.

Found it.

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_169.jpg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back