FLVOL_79

My insider > Your insider
The Punisher
Netflix

This looks good.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIY6zFL95hE[/youtube]

bonus points for trailer soundtrack.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not big into all the super hero stuff; I think it's way over-saturated. That said, this one actually looks good so I'm going to give it a shot.

Punisher was one of my faves when I was a kid, I havent bothered with the other Marvel netflix shows ( I always thought the defenders were weak as hell) but I may give this a whirl.

Punisher was one of my faves when I was a kid, I havent bothered with the other Marvel netflix shows ( I always thought the defenders were weak as hell) but I may give this a whirl.

Its not the Defenders from the comics. They just slapped that name on this group of “street level” heroes.

Daredevil is still the best of the crop. Season 2 introduces the Punisher. It was a great season.

And FTR, the comics Defenders were probably the most powerful group of characters assembled (Hulk, Silver Surfer, Namor, and Dr Strange). Granted they were a bit dysfunctional.

i sit corrected. I just remember luke cage and iron fist comics and being like "who cares?" and I never cared much for daredevil either.

i sit corrected. I just remember luke cage and iron fist comics and being like "who cares?" and I never cared much for daredevil either.

That’s fair. Both were created to capitalize on popular genres of the 70s (Blacksplotation and Kung Fu movies). Neither were ever very good early on.

In recent years there have. Been some writers elevate the characters beyond their less than creative roots.

Daredevil has always been awesome though 😁

Was on board with Daredevil when he was hooking up with Black Widow. When he dumped her for that flat butch chick, I kinda bailed.

Some of the reviews are cringe-worthy.

No I don't mean they make the show sound cringe-worthy, I mean they obviously don't understand the character. Without making this too political, I've seen about 4 reviews now where people are acting like the show shouldn't exist because of all the shootings. Even The Nerdist has piled on, and they've been hyping it.

And here I thought they couldn't top the politicizing of Iron Fist.

Put off wrapping up Stanger Things 2 for this. 3 episodes in and I think it’s pretty solid. Not really a defined antagonist so far but some great character building of Frank and Micro.

Through episode 2...Guy reminds me of the hulk..don't make me angry..boy oh boy he will put a hurting on people. I hope he keeps bringing the pain. Jon Bernthal does a damn good job of showing just how angry (and disturbed) Frank Castle is.

Some of the reviews are cringe-worthy.

No I don't mean they make the show sound cringe-worthy, I mean they obviously don't understand the character. Without making this too political, I've seen about 4 reviews now where people are acting like the show shouldn't exist because of all the shootings. Even The Nerdist has piled on, and they've been hyping it.

And here I thought they couldn't top the politicizing of Iron Fist.

Just read a review where they complained that the show didn't have more of a anti gun violence angle. It's. The. Punisher! WTF.

Just read a review where they complained that the show didn't have more of a anti gun violence angle. It's. The. Punisher! WTF.

I’ve not read any reviews on the show but if that is the stance people are judging it on then it’s the wrong show for them to even start watching. Let’s assume they aren’t familiar with the character from the comics but did they miss DD season 2? The guy wasn’t going to become a pacifist out of the blue.

Go write an article about the excessive violence in movies and TV in general if that is your angle.

6 episodes in and I'm liking it a lot. I don't get the bad reviews about the violence, for one it's The Punisher and two there isn't really that much so far.

Last edited:
BTW the main Villain is boring AF, I almost fall asleep every time he speaks.
I'll be glad when Billy/Jigsaw is the main villain next year

Last edited:
Just one episode in, but I really enjoyed it. Netflix has been impressive with their stuff imo, at least what I’ve watched.

VN Store

Back