The Orville

volinbham

VN GURU
Didn't see a thread but didn't look that hard either.

Anyone watch the season opener? Was worse than I thought it would be after seeing the trailer commercials leading into it.

Flop-city IMHO.

The only saving grace is Adrianne Palicki.

Didn't watch it, though. Just figured she was worth a mention with her extreme hotness.

Getting things up and running isn't always smooth so I'll give it a few more episodes to see if it finds it's stride.

And in any case +69 on Palicki.

Was honestly expecting a parody, not a dramedy. But I will give them a couple more episodes.

Is it basically Family Guy meets Star Trek?

It definitely didn't feel like they were going for comedy very hard. But I'm going to give it a few episodes. McFarlands brand of humor is usually pretty spot on

I haven't watched this yet but just looked at the list for the next several episodes and the directors.

Ep. 2 is directed by Robert Duncan McNeill who before he became a director was best known as Lt. Tom Paris on Star Trek: Voyager (the best ST series) IMO

Ep. 3 is directed by Brannon Braga a longtime Star Trek Franchise Writer, Producer & Director.

Ep. 4 is directed by James Conway who has directed numerous Star Trek Franchise episodes

Ep. 5 is directed by the one and only Jonathan Frakes aka Commander William T. Riker of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D. Frakes has directed on almost every show on TV over the last several years and is scheduled to direct an episode of the upcoming Star Trek: Discovery

It definitely didn't feel like they were going for comedy very hard. But I'm going to give it a few episodes. McFarlands brand of humor is usually pretty spot on

The first trailers I saw looked like pure satire but the ones they were running on TV the last few weeks looked like it was leaning toward the adventure aspect.

The first trailers I saw looked like pure satire but the ones they were running on TV the last few weeks looked like it was leaning toward the adventure aspect.

I'm assuming this will be similar to A Million Ways to Die in the West, which was actually a pretty underrated comedy IMO. It definitely had its long periods of adventure, but for the most part is known for its humor.

At least I'm hoping this will be similar to that.

I've watched the first two episodes and I'm liking it. I notice Fox has moved it from the dreaded Sunday night after football which is the death of a many shows because the schedule time is always off.

Moved to Thursday nights. 3rd episode was tonight. You can catch it on Fox website if you missed it. Getting better.

VN Store

Back